Health Problems

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
My wife is currently having a bilateral mastectomy. I'm freaking the fuck out. This isn't shit we should be dealing with. I have so much sympathy for any couple that has to deal with cancer. We've now dealt with it twice. It's fucking awful.

2 hours to go before I can be with her again. And then I have the privilege of caring for her. That's how I see it, it's a privilege. This woman is the best part of my life. We have been through so much together and I am so in love with her.

Sorry. I'm done. Just needed to vent.
You got this bro!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Procedure is done. No results on lymph nodes yet. She is in a lot of pain, and there's nothing I can do about it. This sucks for so many reasons. My 15 year old insisted that he come and be with me when I picked her up. I had to watch him cry honest tears as he helped his mother to get into the car. She was struggling with pain and with the issue of general anesthesia still having an impact. To be honest, I don't know what breaks my heart more, my wife having to go through this or her kids having to watch her go through this.

I've spent quite a bit of time crying today. Don't judge me. This is a hard place to be.

• 12Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My kids are too young for cough medicine and my daughter was just coughing non stop through the night. She wasn't sleeping which meant I wasn't sleeping.

I had to try something. Anything. So I found this and it worked wonders for her overnight. Then I got a cough and this shit is like the truth. And you can take it along with the Dextro. If you become desperate and give it a shot it might help. Brew one of these (most grocery stores seem to carry it around me) and stir in a tablespoon of raw honey. You wake up with a coughing fit have it by your bed and take a couple of big gulps.

View attachment 509593
We give our kids this stuff
Vicks Children's, Cough & Congestion Relief, Day & Night Liquid Combo Pack, Free of Artificial Dyes & Flavors, Non-Drowsy Berry & Nighttime Grape, 6 FL OZ (Day/Night Twin Pack) https://a.co/d/4OB2OvZ

The daytime for my 5 year old, it's , 4+ and the night time for my older one. It's the only cough stuff I've found for under 6 kids.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Guys, this is awful fucking hard. The person I love most in the world is sobbing because she's in so much pain. I can't do anything for her. Sucks balls. I hate it.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Guys, this is awful fucking hard. The person I love most in the world is sobbing because she's in so much pain. I can't do anything for her. Sucks balls. I hate it.

Pain is temporary, duty to the Emperor is eternal.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bro you wanna know what real suffering is? It's spending so much time trying to milk sympathy for some 6/10 at worst pain only to have the two of you upstage me so thoroughly.

Rude.

• 3Worf
  • 1Wow!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
What did they give her for the pain to take home? Either way , It'll be a hard couple of days but it will start to get better. Before you know it you'll be draining those armpit tube things like a pro.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

Kinda rude of them to not take care of that shit before she left the hospital, imo. Should have a stockpile of pain meds to take or not take. Fuck, they sent me home with Oxys for my knee when I had it scoped and I had to call and have them downgrade that shit because it turns out oxy gives me fucking horrific nightmares.

Thankfully, high pain tolerance is a gift I have. Just tell her she cranked out like half a dozen kids, she can handle some phantom titty pain.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You guys have no idea how much it helps me to read these positive posts. Thank you all. Honestly, it's helping. thank you.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kinda rude of them to not take care of that shit before she left the hospital, imo. Should have a stockpile of pain meds to take or not take. Fuck, they sent me home with Oxys for my knee when I had it scoped and I had to call and have them downgrade that shit because it turns out oxy gives me fucking horrific nightmares.

Thankfully, high pain tolerance is a gift I have. Just tell her she cranked out like half a dozen kids, she can handle some phantom titty pain.
What is there to take care of that they didn't? They may not press her up against a two holed guillotine but she still had probably 4-5% of her body excised just now. Option A is extremely expensive sobbing in agony while they give her no extra treatment beyond what she's getting right now, Option B is sobbing in agony for free in the psychological comfort of your own home.

Fortunately I'm a person of such great beneficence that I took the time to ensure the thread was properly saturated with complaints of an unworthy nature so that the community was well primed to respond warmly to someone with a genuine problem.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
What is there to take care of that they didn't? They may not press her up against a two holed guillotine but she still had probably 4-5% of her body excised just now. Option A is extremely expensive sobbing in agony while they give her no extra treatment beyond what she's getting right now, Option B is sobbing in agony for free in the psychological comfort of your own home.

Fortunately I'm a person of such great beneficence that I took the time to ensure the thread was properly saturated with complaints of an unworthy nature so that the community was well primed to respond warmly to someone with a genuine problem.

After every surgery I've had, I've been in pretty manageable pain for the immediate aftermath due to whatever they gave me at the time, and to take home. That's mostly what I meant. I mean, I get it, it sucks, but it shouldn't be sobbing pain. Or maybe it's not - maybe it's sobbing mental pain.

That's probably more of it.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am not a doctor and this is probably terrible advice, but go to the nearest vape shop and load up on gummies and kratom.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I know you guys don't care, but this morning she's already feeling better. There is no sobbing. Pain medication seems to be doing its thing. You have no idea how much better I feel about life right now.

• 12Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I know you guys don't care, but this morning she's already feeling better. There is no sobbing. Pain medication seems to be doing its thing. You have no idea how much better I feel about life right now.

It was most likely just the shock of looking down and realizing her life has changed completely and there's no going back. The physical pain was probably a small factor, but it was probably majority that.

The good news is this will just be the new normal and every day should get better. Hell, she'll probably notice her back hurts a lot less from not having to haul around the funbags anymore.

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
She is this generations Madonna.

Procedure is done. No results on lymph nodes yet. She is in a lot of pain, and there's nothing I can do about it. This sucks for so many reasons. My 15 year old insisted that he come and be with me when I picked her up. I had to watch him cry honest tears as he helped his mother to get into the car. She was struggling with pain and with the issue of general anesthesia still having an impact. To be honest, I don't know what breaks my heart more, my wife having to go through this or her kids having to watch her go through this.

I've spent quite a bit of time crying today. Don't judge me. This is a hard place to be.
Having worked in health care forever and specifically with women like your wife just being there and helping will mean loads. This may be hard to believe but this part, helping their mom is good for your kids as well. You need to encourage them to help and be involved. It gives them some power rather than being powerless. Use the resources offered if you need them, don't be shy. Listen to the professionals carefully, take notes if you have to and write questions down.
She's gong to be on a Rollercoaster and that's worse than always good or always struggling. Your doing good being there for her, just keep it up.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only one here who has to pretend to have normal human emotions is me. Everyone else definitely cares.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Glad to hear that. Post-op pain can be unpredictable. I've had a bunch of orthopedic surgeries (six knee, two hip), and while most were within expectations one of my hip surgeries had me in literal tears on the phone begging my doc for more meds... for six hours after which I was fine with just Advil.

Sounds like your wife is over the crest. Hope it stays that way. Fingers crossed on the biopsies.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My wife is kind of going through something strange atm as well - nothing as serious as the above, but was diagnosed with something called Bronchiectasis? Seems like it's an incurable lung disease but relatively easily managed? She's S African and had Tuberculosis as a kid which the doc seemed to think could be the root cause of this. Also seems like it's pretty rare Izo Izo sleevedraw sleevedraw - any thoughts on this disease and manageability?

Druss

Trakanon Raider
I sympathize, I remember when i had my triple bypass and waking up to my chest on fire from the buzzsaw they cracked me open with, was hollering aaahhhh It Hurts!! must have been loud cause they asked me to not yell lol. They must have cranked up the pain meds as it slowly subsided and then almost stopped completely but that was a bitch to wake up to after an 8 hour drug induced nap! Pain wasnt an on going issue after that initial wham of pain but it really sucked.

• 1Solidarity