Health Problems

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The anxiety is something my brain does to me. I'm doing all the things you mentioned, but it doesn't stop anxiety. This is something I have to deal with, and I'm working on it hard. Anxiety makes my life a lot harder, makes it harder for me to be a support, but I'm working through it.
If this is your dentist it's okay to panic and scream like a little girl.
You'll get past this, dork. It's all part of the package. Get some anti-anxiety drugs. Or b-blockers.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Went for another brain MRI. They made me remove my pain patch (said it could get hot and burn me w/ MRI). Supposed to be w/ w/o contrast but 3 people tried 4 different places on me and could not hit a vein. My veins are shit even when I am not on chemo , which I started again this past Wednesday. I look like a heroin junkie today. Wife was freaking out but I told her if they see anything then I'll go for another one.

lurkingdirk lurkingdirk I do not have any advice for depression, but do know we have your back here bro. E-hugs and all that.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Went for another brain MRI. They made me remove my pain patch (said it could get hot and burn me w/ MRI). Supposed to be w/ w/o contrast but 3 people tried 4 different places on me and could not hit a vein. My veins are shit even when I am not on chemo , which I started again this past Wednesday. I look like a heroin junkie today. Wife was freaking out but I told her if they see anything then I'll go for another one.

lurkingdirk lurkingdirk I do not have any advice for depression, but do know we have your back here bro. E-hugs and all that.

This is why I keep coming back to this forum.

Thank you. Honestly.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

Have to get MRIs regularly for a brain tumor and the contrast IV is always a cluster fuck. Last time had a whole gaggle of techs poking fun (literally) and formed a line to take turns trying to get a vein that wouldn’t shut down after two seconds while another one just stood there holding the cool towel of shame in my forehead.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Have to get MRIs regularly for a brain tumor and the contrast IV is always a cluster fuck. Last time had a whole gaggle of techs poking fun (literally) and formed a line to take turns trying to get a vein that wouldn’t shut down after two seconds while another one just stood there holding the cool towel of shame in my forehead.
this one was weird, they did the w/o contrast MRI then tried putting the IV in. Every other one , they did the IV 1st, where I could sit up / try to help etc. This one was an open type , so maybe that's why but I thought it was odd.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
this one was weird, they did the w/o contrast MRI then tried putting the IV in. Every other one , they did the IV 1st, where I could sit up / try to help etc. This one was an open type , so maybe that's why but I thought it was odd.
Oh yeah I’ve never done an open one before. Always the closed so they just set up all the tubing beforehand, do the regular and then send the juice later. Get me every time because it always feels like it’s spilling out of my arm.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF
Fisioterapia Ultrasound GIF by fisiojreig

Dafuq. Even our rad techs can do ultrasound guided canulation. It's so easy, we teach our nurses in the ER too.
They love it when hardcore junkies always to tell them which vein to do, but 30s later have a random 32mm 18G iv cath in a non-superficial vein. Dynamic needle tip tracking is the easiest thing.

EDIT for clarity

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF
Fisioterapia Ultrasound GIF by fisiojreig

Dafuq. Even our rad techs can do ultrasound guided canulation. It's so easy, we teach our nurses in the ER too.
They love it when hardcore junkies always to tell them which vein to do, but 30s later have a random 32G iv cath in a non-superficial vein. Dynamic needle tip tracking is the easiest thing.

I didn't even know 32 gauge existed unless the gauging system is different in Europe. The sizes I've heard about are 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, and 26.

26 is neonate only, 24 is generally peds only unless you have a 90 year old dehydrated little old lady with spider veins. 14-18 are usually ER/ICU only.

AFAIK, they don't really teach u/s guided cannulation here, unless it's one of the things they only teach ICU nurses; med-surg nurses usually use vein finders (which in my experience suck and are no better than just trying to feel it out, but I can't start an IV to save my life regardless of what tools I have).

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I didn't even know 32 gauge existed unless the gauging system is different in Europe. The sizes I've heard about are 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, and 26.

26 is neonate only, 24 is generally peds only unless you have a 90 year old dehydrated little old lady with spider veins. 14-18 are usually ER/ICU only.

AFAIK, they don't really teach u/s guided cannulation here, unless it's one of the things they only teach ICU nurses; med-surg nurses usually use vein finders (which in my experience suck and are no better than just trying to feel it out, but I can't start an IV to save my life regardless of what tools I have).
1709464947438.jpeg

Ack, meant 32mm, 18g, yeah. But yeah, techs, rad assists, nurses etc we try to teach (f*** getting a call during a nap for a pvc).

EDIT: vein finders, bwahaha, you mean like accuvein? Haven't seen one since med school. Those are so shitty, see maybe 5mm deep, heavy/on an extendeder to be helpfull. But lowkey, I keep a red cat eye light in the pocket if I'm out ultrasound equipment. Same principle really, put it in the hand of the victim patient, see all veins in the hand.

Anyway, here, random youtube of the canulation. Takes maybe 20 min to learn, 10-20 stabs to master. Faster if you're a gamer with controllers. Basic idea is to use out-of-plane technique, dynamically tracking the needle tip. Much safer than in plane technique for beginners.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 517617
Ack, meant 32mm, 18g, yeah. But yeah, techs, rad assists, nurses etc we try to teach (f*** getting a call during a nap for a pvc).

EDIT: vein finders, bwahaha, you mean like accuvein? Haven't seen one since med school. Those are so shitty, see maybe 5mm deep, heavy/on an extendeder to be helpfull. But lowkey, I keep a red cat eye light in the pocket if I'm out ultrasound equipment. Same principle really, put it in the hand of the victim patient, see all veins in the hand.

Anyway, here, random youtube of the canulation. Takes maybe 20 min to learn, 10-20 stabs to master. Faster if you're a gamer with controllers. Basic idea is to use out-of-plane technique, dynamically tracking the needle tip. Much safer than in plane technique for beginners.
NOt exactly sure what you two are describing but they have tried vein scanners before with very limited success. My veins just suck. Always have. My mom had that issue too but I assumed it was because she smoked like a fiend.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Lil'' help here bros. Those of you that work in healthcare, can you tell me what 'SBSQ HOSP IP/ODS High 50' means in plain dumbed down english? I just got an EOB for this with Date of Service as the day I was rushed to the hospital.
Not a big issue , insurance says I don't have to pay squat but google was zero help and I'm curious.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Set of Briefing/Screening Questions Hospital Inpatient/One Day Surgery High (decision making authority)

is my best guess

• 2Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Lil'' help here bros. Those of you that work in healthcare, can you tell me what 'SBSQ HOSP IP/ODS High 50' means in plain dumbed down english? I just got an EOB for this with Date of Service as the day I was rushed to the hospital.
Not a big issue , insurance says I don't have to pay squat but google was zero help and I'm curious.

Sounds to me like a triage/admission related code. When a patient is admitted to the hospital, a hospital will usually code CPT 99221, 99222, or 99223 depending on how complex of a patient they are.

I think Gavin is right about the long-form definition, but I'm not a coder, so I'm not 100% sure.

When you are admitted, usually most/all charges are "bundled" into one lump sum payment between the hospital and the insurer depending on your admitting diagnosis, so if you are not being charged for that specific code, that is probably why.

Yeah, Accuvein. Useless POS.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Coffin Dancing GIF

Eurocuck here, no idea.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
NOt exactly sure what you two are describing but they have tried vein scanners before with very limited success. My veins just suck. Always have. My mom had that issue too but I assumed it was because she smoked like a fiend.
That's the point. Vein scanners suck. Ultrasound = Godmode.

• 1Like