Heart of Stone (2023)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Heart of Stone (2023)

Tagline: Defy the odds.

Genre: Thriller, Action

Director: Tom Harper

Cast: Gal Gadot, Jamie Dornan, Alia Bhatt, Matthias Schweighöfer, Sophie Okonedo, Archie Madekwe, Jing Lusi, Paul Ready, Jónas Alfreð Birkisson, Jon Kortajarena

Release: 2023-08-11

Plot: Rachel Stone is an intelligence operative, the only woman who stands between her powerful, global, peacekeeping organization and the loss of its most valuable — and dangerous — asset.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Watched an early version of this a year ago or so on their preview club. It was ok. They were missing almost every special effect and CGI at the time, so I have to assume they created something that lives up to what I imagined. Quite a bit of trope and seen that/done that, but there were one or two decent "wtf?" moments that I remember, so I'll give them that. Unless they changed it drastically, I'd say it is a decent 6.5-7 if you're in the mood for that type of movie and don't mind looking at her.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watched an early version of this a year ago or so on their preview club. It was ok. They were missing almost every special effect and CGI at the time, so I have to assume they created something that lives up to what I imagined. Quite a bit of trope and seen that/done that, but there were one or two decent "wtf?" moments that I remember, so I'll give them that. Unless they changed it drastically, I'd say it is a decent 6.5-7 if you're in the mood for that type of movie and don't mind looking at her.

You're a beta tester for Netflix?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You're a beta tester for Netflix?
Not really. They have/had a preview club where you got to watch a couple of movies a year early and then give feedback on them. I haven't seen a notification in over 6 months so I don't know if it still exists or if they got tired of me shitting on their movies and the whole preview process itself. In short, they only give you a couple of days to watch it (typically Thursday - Sunday night) and fill out the extensive survey (if you're being legit, easily 30+ minutes to fill out). Since they ask about the process as well as the movie, I told them it is bullshit to not give us longer to watch, as many people are fucking busy, especially on weekends when you'll actually sit down and watch something you wouldn't normally, and it was bullshit that they didn't give us an extra day or two to fill out the survey, because several times I remembered I needed to watch it Sunday, but didn't have time to watch and then do the survey before the expiration time. Furthermore, they offer a chance to join a live discussion group, which was ALWAYS during the day on a weekday. I would bitch about how you basically only got unemployed losers that probably weren't even paying for the accounts to join discussions at that time.

That's on top of shitting on several of their movies. I was actually pretty nice about this one if I remember correctly, but even if I hated them I was always constructive with my criticism. Even that shitty monster dancing show they tried to push, which was just awful and I couldn't even finish the one episode. And I used to watch So You Think You Can Dance, so I tried to be helpful. They probably still put me on a list of some sort even still for wondering why every single movie had a gay, more browns than whites, interracial couples, etc. I even said it wasn't out of the ordinary to have those things here and there, but EVERY movie I watched? And this was up to 5 years ago.

I know you probably didn't care that much, but yeah, they had such a thing but I don't know if it is still being used or I just got dumped without being told. This was the last one I watched on it, I think. I can't really remember if this one or the Adam Sandler/Jennifer Aniston Murder Mystery 2 was the last one, even though that one already came out. Heart of Stone was easily going to take another year or more of effects to be ready, and Gal Gadot even did a voiceover telling us that as the movie started so we expected an unfinished product. I suppose I could watch this and see how the effects change things, but since I know the surprises and how it ends, not sure it is worth a rewatch. Still, it isn't horrible for a first-time watch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Can't wait to see a 5 1/2 foot 120 pound woman beat up an army of trained male soldiers. I love those movies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Surprised no one else has posted about this. I thought we had some Gadot lovers here.

I'm about half way through so far. Its pretty ok. no woke shit. Gadot's acting is above average for her. I've seen her get shit on for being terrible at acting in some of her other roles. While shes not amazing. I'd say shes improving.
they are trying to make her an action star again. But, so far have been pretty sensible with it. Avoiding fights, or not taking giant dudes head on. Although obviously a metric ton of body doubles.

The movie itself is.. something. Jamesbond+mission impossible+the pentaverate? MI:6, and skiing/parachute stunts! also, specter in this is actually the good guys, an illuminate, of the worlds best intelligance officers joined forces abandoning national ties, to form a super secret group of IO do gooders who save the world, and also have a super duper A.I. quantum computer that can predict the future, and knows everything about everyone, dictating their actions...

Wondering atm, if there will be another twist that the super secret IO illuminate with the insane invasive A.I. secretly controlling the world based on what? their own personal morality? will secretly be the bad guys..

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database