Hearthstone

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
The thing that kind of sucks is that they just decided to drop this now. This should have been in the long term plans ages ago with everyone being made aware of it. I just came back to the game last month after not playing since naxx and I spent alot of gold and dust on gvg cards and now I find out that these cards are dead in a few months.

I definitely feel the pain of anyone who just crafted a gvg legendary or some epics right before this announcement.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
"dead" is a strong word, although with dusting not nearly being equivalent to actual trading (like in physical CCGs) it hurts more for sure if you care not for Wild mode. Still be useful in some brawls, adventures, and likely some unforeseen nonsense yet to come.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If they're offering full dust refunds on gvg/naxx, I have to admit the urge to go disenchant crazy will be very strong.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
It won't be full dust, it will be standard disenchant value. You'll get full dust for any of the classic cards they nerf though.

I'd be hesitant to dust everything. What if in the future they change their minds and decide to rotate some cards back into play? You never know.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know arena is going to be all "wild" mode drafting, but did they say anything about arenarewards?Because this random pack shit really needs to go with standard mode.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would guess that if it's wild mode drafting, it will be wild mode rewards. Maybe they'll add a standard arena.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I would guess that if it's wild mode drafting, it will be wild mode rewards. Maybe they'll add a standard arena.
I think you'll only get packs from Standard. If you could get GvG packs after Standard comes out they are signing the death sentence on arena.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Doesn't matter to me I guess, arena is a complete shithole. Don't think I've even bothered since some time around early gvg.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I can't stand arena. It feels like my 3 choices almost every time are bottom of the barrel trash tier cards that no one with a brain would ever select to play. Then you go into the matches and see people with all the right removal spells and legendaries.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Pretty much zero will to play until the new modes drop. All I can think about is the massive amount of dust I'm going to have to finally complete my Classic collection and the fact that I will never have to face another fucking Secret Pally again in the near future. Working as intended?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Agreed, the desire to play is small. If this stuff really takes till Spring (1-2 months) then I still want Rank 5 for those sweet Goldens. I'm 1 level away on Rogue from having every class at 60. Basically finishing it off since Senjins might come back into the meta and I want the golden versions. This is a good time to finish up levels imo.

Also makes me want to get classic/basic full golden now... and I'm so tempted to go on a dusting spree with Naxx/GvG, but not getting full value is disappointing

There will be no full dust refund for Naxx or GVG cards.
Theyre removing over 20 cards from the game... - Forums - Hearthstone

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't know why the hate for arena. The games and card pool are much more diverse than constructed. And you only need ~4 wins to make it the same as buying a pack, randomness of said pack aside.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I actually spammed arena that last 2-3 weeks of January. Was already rank 5 and didnt plan to grind Legend.

Problem with Arena now is you have a chance of getting GvG packs. If you only want dust then that's fine, if you are trying for cards then it's going to suck. When I do Arena I at least want 7 wins so I get my gold back and a free pack. I value gold higher now since expansion is only 1-2 months away

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Polymorph Boar - kill boar with Hemet.

I am the greatest mage player ever.

*edit*

Then lost anyway because this faggot warrior got TWO Juggernauts from Golden Monkey, and I lost a 50/50 on the second one with lethal in hand.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You know, I need 185 wins with Paladin for Golden. I should probably work on that before Paladin gets destroyed by Standard mode.