Hearthstone

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am not opposed to buying cards for cash reasons. I thought someone here said to wait for Standard & the new expac before buying. I already spent money and bought all the current expansions/adventures and completed everything except heroic.

What card packs should I buy & what is the cheapest way to buy cards? I think I read there was a way to buy cheaper with amazon coins?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
you'd be fine to buy classic packs now, although I wouldn't disenchant anything until standard hits.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You probably already know what people will say, but if you buy packs, buy the basic or TGT packs unless you plan to play Wild a lot.
Start saving your gold up for the expansion and you can avoid dumping more cash in a month.

If you enjoy the game then buying packs is completely fine.

The typical ~40 pack purchase is usually not enough to get you every *good* or *essential* card, you'll be spending dust to craft what you need, so buying packs is never a terrible idea since you will get a certain amount of dust to craft with.

TGT packs are still okay because: The cards should become more useful once Naxx/GVG are retired. Inspire mechanics might be more prevalent.
Basic packs are ideal because: With nerfs incoming to the basic set, you can hoard the cards and hope to get full dust refunds, allowing you more dust to craft necessities in next expac.

Waiting is also legit because: Blizzard often has discounts leading up to an expansion release.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Anyone point me in a direction for general new player info? I have never played one of these types of games. I tried googling aroud and the info was all very specific oriented.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Download and install it. You don't have to pay anything before deciding whether you like it or not. And the game does a good job of hand holding while describing rules.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol I literally had 0 clue what this TB was. But I had a Mage quest so I made a tempo mage and ROFL. What a slaughterhouse.

Edit: Just read the above posts after coming here to laugh about it. haha yeah. I found it especially hilarious since I went into the TB knowing absolutely nothing about it.

Turn 1: Choose Banana when minions die. My opponent chooses coins when minion die. My first turn I dropped a Mana Wyrm + coin + Mirror Image. Then he proceeds to somehow get a new ability? It says "your opponent needs a new power" (what triggers that? never happened to me) and he turned my minions into 1/1's and dropped a Dark Peddler. So I sacrificed all my Murloc Tinyfins and then proceeded to do ridiculous shenanigans with Flamewaker and coins and bananas. It ended with me having 8 Fireballs in my hand, never got to use a single one, shux.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
New like I installed it and played the mage and beat the tutorial and then beat 5 or 6 of the othe classes then logged out new.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Got a regular Malygos from the brawl which allows me to disenchant my golden Malygos. I have enough dust to make 2 legendaries come the new meta =D

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice bro. I still need a Malygos, Bloodmage Thalnos, Harrison Jones, and Barron Geddon. Past that, I pretty much have everything in the basic set worth having.

I liked the brawl. First day is always the best, before everyone figures out the perfect deck type and copies it.

Taho

N00b
I got my second Millie from today's brawl. Off the top of my head, I think the only desirable classic leg I'm missing is Cairn.

Fuck the ladder today. Playing against either face decks (warrior who charged and weaponed everything to face. he may as well have not been playing an opponent), secret pallies, or people with horseshoes up their ass who get millie's from shredders, etc.

I had been enjoying myself the past couple weeks besides the occassional secret pally and face hunter annoyance, but today reminded me what is wrong with HS. God forbid you try to make up your own deck and play something different. Even against retards who make obvious mistakes, I still lose because they have optimized decks. Not fun.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I had been enjoying myself the past couple weeks besides the occassional secret pally and face hunter annoyance, but today reminded me what is wrong with HS. God forbid you try to make up your own deck and play something different. Even against retards who make obvious mistakes, I still lose because they have optimized decks. Not fun.
In other words, you hate all CCGs?