Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not true. Kezan is stronger vs Freeze Mage and still wasn't played.
rrr_img_128523.jpg

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Freeze Mage isn't popular enough to justify running Kezan Mystic. And stealing one secret from a Paladin isn't a large enough swing to play Kezan.

All Eater of Secrets does is keep the Meta honest. If another very secret heavy deck emerges than Eater will become a tech choice. But in a meta where Mages and Hunters are only playing a couple of secrets than Eater isn't really worth it unless those two classes are disproportionately heavy on the ladder.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Freeze Mage isn't popular enough to justify running Kezan Mystic. And stealing one secret from a Paladin isn't a large enough swing to play Kezan.

All Eater of Secrets does is keep the Meta honest. If another very secret heavy deck emerges than Eater will become a tech choice. But in a meta where Mages and Hunters are only playing a couple of secrets than Eater isn't really worth it unless those two classes are disproportionately heavy on the ladder.
Well, freeze mage is losing very little from the standard rotation, so regardless of what comes out in Whispers, Freeze is gaining a lot of power relative to the meta. On the other hand, control warrior, while losing some key cards to the rotation, still has a lot of powerful tools, their worst matchup (paladin) is getting gutted, their second worst matchup (combo druid) is getting as yet unknown nerfs, and another one of their bad matchups (zoo) is losing all of the deathrattles that made the matchup favorable for zoo. So if control warrior explodes like I'm expecting it too, freeze mage will be a completely terrible ladder choice for the first couple months of the new meta, making eater even more irrelevant.

Taho

N00b
I just lost to a freeze mage 8 card combo that I hadn't seen before: Sorcerer's App 1, Sorcerer's App 2, Kobold Geo, Fireball, Fireball, Roaring Torch, Frostbolt, Lance. No Alex needed...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still say eater is all about wild balance and i also think wild will see more play than people expect. Im actually excited to have more than one mode to mess around in. Options are good in games.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like Paladins are getting a cosmetic hero, Liadrin, just in time to not be played anymore! Wonder if the Shattered Sun Cleric will make a special emote when played by that hero.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just lost to a freeze mage 8 card combo that I hadn't seen before: Sorcerer's App 1, Sorcerer's App 2, Kobold Geo, Fireball, Fireball, Roaring Torch, Frostbolt, Lance. No Alex needed...
"Plus one mage" as my step sons friend calls it....spell power +1's everywhere.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I see the kobold in a few decks during the weekends mostly. I always thought it was just the poor man's Thalnos.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Liadrin - The new Paladin hero is obtained through an upcoming World of Warcraft promotion.
Curious what this will be.

EDIT hearthpwn has the deck recipes list posted

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
found this over on hearthpwn:

Update: According to the Russian patch notes, Lady Liadrin may be available by simply reaching level 20 in World of Warcraft. Starter Edition included.
I have a ton of > lvl 20's but havent had an active account in ages so curious if that will count if this is accurate.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Nothing will get me to ever play WoW again. Maybe if the Russian babe from the Americans let me PIIHB. But that's about it.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
This is pure speculation but if you have an old WOW account I think you'll be able to get Lady Liadrin pretty easily.

I have an old account that I haven't logged into in years prior to today. But I still have the game on my computer and it updates through Battlenet so everything was up to date. I changed over to the Starter Edition Region and created a character there. Dicked around for awhile and noticed that I have all of my Titles and Achievements associated from my old account. So I'm hoping that this means it recognizes that I have a level 20+ character since my Obtain Level 90 Achievement is unlocked even on this Starter Edition. I'm speculating that you'll need to create a character on the Stater Edition Region so that Hearthstone can "see" your character but I'm thinking you won't actually have to do anything beyond that.

Over on Reddit a CM, Daxxarri, said that it would be possible to unlock the portrait for free. So it sounds like, worst case, you'll just need to level a character to 20 on this Starter Edition Region. Today that only takes 2 or 3 hours. But like I said, I'm hoping I won't even need to do that much.

Last thing. It doesn't look like the Portrait is active yet. It's in the patch and in the game but if you try to select her it says that she's obtained in an upcoming World of Warcraft promotion. So no clue when she goes live.