Hearthstone

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Says 10:30AM for PDT. I gotta wait till 6:30PM here in the UK. But at least I'm on US servers. My girlfriend has to wait till Wednesday because Europe doesn't get the expansion until the next day.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure if this has been posted but people on reddit are saying 2 packs is possible for 4 wins in arena now. Doesn't seem to guarantee it but the chance is there.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
That doesn't seem right. I just got 10 wins with the above deck and got the usual average amount for 10 wnis ~300ish gold and a pack. You've only ever had a chance at 2 packs when you get 12 wins. So either that is a bug or Blizzard has lost their marbles. I've gone 12 wins 100+ times and getting 2 packs happens about 33% of the time. I guess that's not totally relevant, but I just mean it's a prestigious thing, there's hardly a chance they'd give you a chance at 2 packs with measly pleb 4 wins. If you can get 2 packs at 4 wins, there's 0 reason to ever buy packs with gold, even for people that aren't good at arena. Maybe it's just a very rare temporary extra bonus prize or something? I saw the screenshot. I guess it looks legit.

Just read these patch notes:

The guaranteed pack from Arena Runs will now always be from the most recently released expansion.Additionally, you are slightly more likely to receive a second card pack from a different Standard set.

SUPER excited to have that random fucking bullshit gone!!

Tomorrow the first thing I will be doing is casting Twin Emperor on turn 6 with Emperor Thaurasian and Evolving both of them into double Ragnoros.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That'd be pretty sweet, especially if it brought morefree winsplayers into the arena.

More players in arena is going to really highlight how (even more)bottom-barrel hunter and priest are going to be after WoG hits.

Read the patch notes, Morrow. Chance for more than 1 pack below 12 wins has been increased(beyond 0)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
That'd be pretty sweet, especially if it brought morefree winsplayers into the arena.

More players in arena is going to really highlight how (even more)bottom-barrel hunter and priest are going to be after WoG hits.

Read the patch notes, Morrow. Chance for more than 1 pack below 12 wins has been increased(beyond 0)
Yeah I just saw. Interesting. I wonder if it's a flat rate i.e. no matter how many wins you get, you have a slightly increased chance, or if that chance increases based on how many wins you get. It should definitely be the latter. Will be interesting to see when the numbers come in.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I knew they upped the chance but that is much lower than I would have thought

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bet the random pack idea caused arena numbers to drop and that's why they changed back.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I bet the random pack idea caused arena numbers to drop and that's why they changed back.
Of course arena numbers dropped once they went random. That was such a stupid fucking change and people that advocated for random packs were shortsighted scrubs. Now at least they've realized their mistake and rectified it.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
If the chance for additional pack in Arena went up, does it also mean that the amount of gold you get as a reward goes down?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I mean Morrow flipped out and was quittingthe game!
I said I'd play a lot less, which I have ever since the dumb change. The only consolation is all the extra nerfed cards I opened that gave me extra dust today. Shouldn't you be worrying about which bad Golden Legendary you are going to craft immediately after the set drops?

And yeah, if it had stayed random, after enough expansions, I'd have definitely lost complete interest and quit. That was my concern. 5 expansions down the line and still rolling classic packs that I completed years ago.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've seen 2, 4 wins with 2 packs screenshots. 1 had 50 gold other had 40

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I said I'd play a lot less, which I have ever since the dumb change. The only consolation is all the extra nerfed cards I opened that gave me extra dust today. Shouldn't you be worrying about which bad Golden Legendary you are going to craft immediately after the set drops?

And yeah, if it had stayed random, after enough expansions, I'd have definitely lost complete interest and quit. That was my concern. 5 expansions down the line and still rolling classic packs that I completed years ago.
I've never crafted a golden legendary. I just keep the bad golden legendaries that I open.