Hearthstone

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Right, I was covering his "play on turn 3" scenario. What's the chances of getting these two cards 1-2 with an aggressive mulligan?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Adventures have proven to be worth it in most cases.BRM maybe the most disappointing.I could see not pre-purchasing packs of next expansion but Adventures always seem to have core cards and you don't need to get lucky with RNG to get those cards.
What? BRM was awesome!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Probably "decent", but biggest problem is if beast druid will be viable after turns 1&2. Aggro druid existed for a time, it's possible it can come back. Doesn't necessarily have to be a beast druid for this card. Mark of Ysaarj having card draw makes it very strong if you can fit it and use it properly.

With Living Roots, Druid has some crazy 1-drop power. Can flood board even more easily.

What? BRM was awesome!
It received a lot of flak for having tons of useless cards at first. The dragons were okay and emperor is borderline "never should have printed", but the dragon decks weren't really promising until the following expansion added even more to the mix. Now BRM cards are played a lot more.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
You make it sound like a 4/4 on turn 3 is bad just because nerubian prophet has seen little play. By a turn 3 play, I didn't mean that you should hold raven in hand to ensure your opponent can't remove it. Prophet doesn't have the option to play as a 2/2 turn 1 nor does it draw a card when played on turn 3.

Yeah, I was thinking of what deck it would fit in though. Probably still not enough to make beast druid a top contender. Maybe in a more tempo based token deck would work w/ just ravens and raptors as your beasts.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No, not bad. Might not be enough for meta changing, that's all the comparison to Nerubian Prophet was supposed to make.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Ughh, haven't been playing much and I'm supposed to play in the GenCon Heartstone eSport tourney. So, what do you guys think...

I'm thinking standard Zoo, Cthun War, and Control Shaman (some Crusher variant). I'm really not sure...I wish I could play 3 warrior decks tbh.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wasn't there 1 guy playing a control Pally at a recent tourney that was wrecking face with it, and no one else had even brought a paladin deck? Might be something to look at.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, jackiechan was the player. He definitely won a lot of games with it taking people down just not even remotely prepared to play a paladin

Neki

Molten Core Raider
636053556534126359.png

Fuck you Arena balance.

Seriously, I'm getting to the point of dropping this game soon. Every expansion, Blizz just bends Arena players over and reams them out. Constructed is Warriorstone and Arena is an endless stream of Rogue, Mage and Paladin with the occasional Shaman opponents.

So what does Blizz do? Let's give the overpowered Arena classes even more OP Arena cards! ResidentFuckingSleeper

Add to that Arena still has no kind of decent leaderboard/incentives like golden cards or counting towards golden portrait, Blizz really doesn't give two fucks for the format. Many Arena streamers like Kripp, Hafu, Merps, Shadybunny said Arena can be rebalanced without affecting constructed some what just by changing the rarity of existing cards but Blizz choose to ignore them.

I'm mostly logging in these days to clear my quests via tavern brawl and the occasional Arena run. I didn't even bother to get to rank 10 to get the chest this month. Losing interest really fast.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think the rumor is each class will have a portal, so yea, more rng stone, but each class equally screwed over... or buffed... however you plan to look at it

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The problem is it's a Mage common from an adventure which means it is 4x (or more) more likely to appear in a Mage arena draft. It isn't an OP card but it is quite strong for arena and the fact that you're all but guaranteed one or two every Mage draft just gives them an edge, and they already were in the top arena classes, and have been for FOREVER. Since rarity in adventures only matters for crafting, they should have made this a rare and made a less impactful card common. What do you wanna bet some of the other portals are rares or higher too?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Might be asking a lot but i am assuming the portals will have same rarity.. we'll see. Maybe other classes won't even get them and it's all a farce anyways.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
In Kripp's video he just said that he heard that there were 5 portal cards, so probably not one for each class even. That would be in following with the Forbidden X cards too, not every class got one of those.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ughh, haven't been playing much and I'm supposed to play in the GenCon Heartstone eSport tourney. So, what do you guys think...

I'm thinking standard Zoo, Cthun War, and Control Shaman (some Crusher variant). I'm really not sure...I wish I could play 3 warrior decks tbh.
Zoo, mid-range hunter, and either of your control decks. Gotta figure going to be lots of warrior there; both zoo and hunter match up favorably against all variations.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Well depending on what you're expecting you could check up on the matchups.

rrr_img_137219.jpg

If you go midrange hunter, C'thun warrior, that gives you two anti-warrior decks. Then you could go with an aggro shaman or token druid or zoo, to cover basically the rest of the field. Since it's a tournament there might be crazies running freeze mage, in which case I would advise against zoo and lean towards aggro shaman for an aggressive deck. Kinda boring I know.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Freeze mage seems pretty scarce these days, OTK warrior is all the rage now for that type of deck.

So I did it, playing zoo for the first time since beta and I accidentally hit legend this month playing zoo to work on golden warlock. Just reinforces why I fucking hate zoo and not all hero powers are equal. Went from 9 to legend in 4 days. In the past when I attempted to hit legend I'd have huge win streaks, followed by huge losing streaks, zoo was just a consistent, steady climb to the top. I don't believe the deck has any bad matchups outside of freeze mage and I didn't see a single one on my way through. Deck list stolen from Kolento's stream if anyone is interestedWarlock - Deckbuilder - HearthPwn
If you don't have gormok, 2nd did is fine as that is what kolento was actually running.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I'll use that to try and grind to 5, I've barely played at all this season and am pretty far behind.