Hearthstone

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did pretty well with OTK priest and Reno just in case. As long as they don't have a taunt just keep buffing up a stealthed minion and it was over by turn 6.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
This brawl just seems like a lot of degenerate combo.

If you run Loatheb you shut down half of the decks (rogue/warrior/mage) Because they can't deal with chained Loathebs very well if at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How to get your free pack in four turns:

btw, this is a deck where you choose 9 cards, because Reno Jackson is an auto-include.

If you have Naxx cards, Deathlord + Beneath the grounds is also utterly broken because the Deathlord Deathrattle permanently removes the minion from your opponents deck and beneath the ground eventually gives your opponent just turns where he can choose between three Ambush! cards.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Its bullshit that card draws cost a mana, Naturalize is OP as fuck.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My best deck so far is a rogue with jade shuriken, idol, Brann, Nefarian, Jeweled Scarab, Dark Iron Stalker, Reno, Kobold Geomancer (Thalnos would be way better if I had him) Fan of knives and one more that I don't recall right now.

no removal, against huge dudes you need your jade golems huge as well - which is what brann + idol is good for.
Fan of knives is good for card draw, in my experience you need a card that does something and draw a card, because pure card draw doesn't work too well as brekk pointed out. You burn a lot of mana on pure card draw. That's why Nefarian and Scarab help too. infinite big removals means Nefarian very rarely gets a turn, but I get two (or 4 with brann) new cards every time I play him.

Had a 30 minute game against a dreadsteed, twisting nether, hellfire, sac pact and reno warlock. Don't have two cards that do the same thing in your deck. Eventually won because the Scarab found Beneath the Grounds, crippling his Reno play. He had five dreadsteeds out at that point, but the damage was too small.

The only thing I really lost to was ultra ramp jade druid, 10+ golems reached by turn 5, and an astral communion druid who played Ragnaros and stronger starting at turn 2. 10 wins or so.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did pretty well with Priest Dragon. It gets fun using their cards against them. The other deck was Shaman with Devolve. That card did wonders for this Brawl.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like the skulker would be better as either vanish or assassinate. Or even healbot.

*edit*

Didn't think about peruse being a spell. Tempo mage is broken as fuck.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Doesn't it also shut down Reno?
Yeah it does. All 1 card per deck plays are killed by Beneath forever.

I feel like the skulker would be better as either vanish or assassinate. Or even healbot.
I don't need a healbot, I have Reno. As for assassinate, it's a dead card to pick until you have something to kill. And then it won't come when you need it. Rather just be able to throw bigger golems on the board to counter big dudes.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah it does. All 1 card per deck plays are killed by Beneath forever.

I don't need a healbot, I have Reno. As for assassinate, it's a dead card to pick until you have something to kill. And then it won't come when you need it. Rather just be able to throw bigger golems on the board to counter big dudes.

Yeah I brainfarted on the healbot. Problem is when this deck falls behind on board you just lose, it has no outs. Still pretty solid though.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm surprised I didn't run into a single healbot yet. Wasn't that card super popular before standard mode?

I guess it's not a good tempo card, and this brawl is all about that.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm surprised I didn't run into a single healbot yet. Wasn't that card super popular before standard mode?

I guess it's not a good tempo card, and this brawl is all about that.

I don't need a healbot, I have Reno.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I did lock with reno and kazakus. Nothing else really mattered.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Paladin with deathlord, aldor peacekeeper, equality, consecrate, solemn vigil, Loatheb, Reno, Shade of Naxaramas, +2x cards

Suck out all his creatures with deathlord, neutralize them with peacekeepers and equality consecrate, Loatheb to lock him out of spells, vigil to refill, and slowly kill him with your shade while he has nothing to do.

Druid with astral communion is probably the best though.

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I had like a 6 win streak in brawl today with murloc shaman (play 75 murlocs quest). Had a couple people play deathlord decks but it usually screwed the other guy. Plus the 2 murloc spells obv aren't affected. Streak ended with me getting steamrolled by a rogue playing pirates + patches + gang up! So once Patches gets ganged up, playing a single pirate will summon all 3 of them immediately since patches will summon patches who then summons patches... Was pretty cool.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't run into Astral Communion Druid yet, so I can't just the power of that one. Pirate Jade Shaman does pretty well, I've only lost to a Druid who just barely got to ramp into Aviana + Kun.

Since most people are playing Tempo Mage, Grim Patron Warrior is back! It's so fun to watch opponent bumble their way through essentially a hard counter.

• 2Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I just made a armor stack BM warrior deck in the brawl, pretty much just ran ways to gain as much armor as possible.....to bad I was playing my infinite spell mage deck lol.

Freezing potion, arcane missiles, Ice Lance, Frostbolt, Apprentice, Flamewaker, Frost Nova, Iceblock, Auctioneer, and Reno. Shit is hilarious.

Also messed with a mana accel jade druid deck, nourish + innervate is real good with it.

• 1Like

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
I haven't run into Astral Communion Druid yet, so I can't just the power of that one. Pirate Jade Shaman does pretty well, I've only lost to a Druid who just barely got to ramp into Aviana + Kun.

Since most people are playing Tempo Mage, Grim Patron Warrior is back! It's so fun to watch opponent bumble their way through essentially a hard counter.

I made a communion deck with Rag, Deathwing and Shaarj. Went 7-0 pretty easily.

• 1Like