Hearthstone

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's now two cards that directly fuck with the opponent's deck. This is going to be fun to watch since I doubt Blizzard has the experience to properly balance this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Skulking Geist seems op as fuck. How many other cards can ruin entire decks by themselves?
Lots of bitching on reddit about it too.

It has potential to be a problematic card but tbh a 1 mana spell shouldn't be a big loss, if a 1 mana card is incredibly valuable late game then it probably deserves to have a counter like this. It would have also been a great card to counter Ice Lance rather then putting it in the HoF (and Warlock PO). And now we can avoid those Malygos Rogues and Cold Blooded Leeroys which required nerf after nerf. So yea, it's going to do some stuff, not every deck will fit it in, and it does requiring you draw the card... and you never need more then 1 copy, so it probably should have just been a Legendary.

Druid, Priest and Rogue get smacked the hardest, even just losing Earthen Scales is pretty massive for the non-jade decks.

This card also has synergy with 3 Mukla.. Give opponent bananas, then destroy them. (9 mana play, put 5/5 and 4/6 on board).

Edit: Also pretty sure this card will destroy cards that have been reduced to 1, so having Radiant Elemental, Sorc Appr, or having discounted 3-cost spells from Glyph now become liabilities...

It also means the new 6mana card "all spells cost 2 more" is a way to avoid this effect.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Since I absolutely hate Jade Druid. This will be an autocraft.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Eternal Servitude Theorycraft
10 minions, 20 spells
9 of 10 minions have worthwhile effects if Barnes'd out.

Steal and destroy all enemy stuffs.
Tons of Lifesteal healing with Spirit Lash & Obsidian Statue

Late Game value with Elise, Lyra, Ysera,
Eternal Servitude for more Lyra, Ysera, Obsidian Statues - Cheat out turn 5 if lucky Barnes.

30% chance to discover Lyra/Ysera if all 10 minions have died
60% chance to discover Obsidian Statue if all 10 minions have died

Devour Mind simply because I want to play it (also more spells for better Barnes Consistency) :D

Priest Cards (27)
Northshire Cleric
× 2
Potion of Madness × 2
Power Word: Shield × 2
Radiant Elemental × 2
Shadow Visions × 2
Shadow Word: Pain × 2
Spirit Lash × 2
Shadow Word: Death × 1
Eternal Servitude × 2
Devour Mind × 2
Holy Nova × 1
Lyra the Sunshard × 1
Dragonfire Potion × 2
Embrace Darkness × 2
Obsidian Statue × 2
Neutral Cards (3)
Barnes × 1
Elise the Trailblazer × 1
Ysera × 1

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
But I need to add that this is a good card. While Bliz has no idea how to balance that effect I agree. It was still needed because the mere existence of Jade Druid made fatigue decks all but impossible to play.

This will help in balancing that out and letting them coexist a bit.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636373522250744139.png

(Rogue Spell)
Funny card... they going all out with this mechanic ehh.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Rogue don't get many Deathrattles, but there's always Sherazan & Thalnos.
Rogues already don't put Shiv in their deck so you'd really need to guarantee you will hit a Deathrattle to even consider this card.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Lots of bitching on reddit about it too.

It has potential to be a problematic card but tbh a 1 mana spell shouldn't be a big loss, if a 1 mana card is incredibly valuable late game then it probably deserves to have a counter like this. It would have also been a great card to counter Ice Lance rather then putting it in the HoF (and Warlock PO). And now we can avoid those Malygos Rogues and Cold Blooded Leeroys which required nerf after nerf. So yea, it's going to do some stuff, not every deck will fit it in, and it does requiring you draw the card... and you never need more then 1 copy, so it probably should have just been a Legendary.

Druid, Priest and Rogue get smacked the hardest, even just losing Earthen Scales is pretty massive for the non-jade decks.

This card also has synergy with 3 Mukla.. Give opponent bananas, then destroy them. (9 mana play, put 5/5 and 4/6 on board).

Edit: Also pretty sure this card will destroy cards that have been reduced to 1, so having Radiant Elemental, Sorc Appr, or having discounted 3-cost spells from Glyph now become liabilities...

It also means the new 6mana card "all spells cost 2 more" is a way to avoid this effect.
Way too much power for a single card. This will fuck the meta badly imo.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
That Geist card seems a bit much, since it's clearly targeted at Jade Idol. The other 1 cost spells weren't a problem, were they?

I mean, I guess it will be a meta dependent tech card, since it's kinda not worth running it in most decks unless you expect to face jade druid a lot, but still.

Why not just nerf the problem, Jade Idol, the card people have been complaining about since it released?

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
1 cost cards common in current meta:

earthen scales, enchanted raven, jade idol, mark of the lotus
alley cat, hunters mark, jeweled macaw
babbling book, mana wyrm, kabal lackey
grimscale chum, vilefin inquisitor
binding heal, inner fire, crystalline oracle, northshire cleric, potion of madness, power word shield
hallucination, swash burgler
evolve
voidwalker, melchazaar's imp, soulfire
nzoths first mate, whirlwind, upgrade, shield slam
blodsail corsair, fire fly, grimscale oracle, murloc tidecaller, patches, southsea deckhand

All these cards are made a detriment to have in your deck by a single card.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
1 cost cards common in current meta:

earthen scales, enchanted raven, jade idol, mark of the lotus
alley cat, hunters mark, jeweled macaw
babbling book, mana wyrm, kabal lackey
grimscale chum, vilefin inquisitor
binding heal, inner fire, crystalline oracle, northshire cleric, potion of madness, power word shield
hallucination, swash burgler
evolve
voidwalker, melchazaar's imp, soulfire
nzoths first mate, whirlwind, upgrade, shield slam
blodsail corsair, fire fly, grimscale oracle, murloc tidecaller, patches, southsea deckhand

All these cards are made a detriment to have in your deck by a single card.
1-cost spells are destroyed. It does nothing to minions. Also, it's a 6 mana minion, if it DID kill minions it would more than likely help the other decks more because drawing 1-cost minions on turns 6/7/8 is certainly not great

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
1-cost spells are destroyed. It does nothing to minions. Also, it's a 6 mana minion, if it DID kill minions it would more than likely help the other decks more because drawing 1-cost minions on turns 6/7/8 is certainly not great
Oh somehow "Spells" didnt register. Whoops. Ok its not op. Wont see much play as jade druid is a small number of decks being played and who is going to tech to destroy power word shield and pot of madness?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think Roll the Bones is best for Jade Rogue
That was my first thought too with Jade Swarmer & Aya, but that's only 3 Deathrattles still.
I could see loot hoarders & thalnos, since draw for Jade Rogue is such a premium.
So that's 6 deathrattles, I'd think you need a few more for this card, particularly ones you don't intend to keep off the mull

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh somehow "Spells" didnt register. Whoops. Ok its not op. Wont see much play as jade druid is a small number of decks being played and who is going to tech to destroy power word shield and pot of madness?

The point of the card is to allow fatigue decks to exist again. Nobody builds or plays them because its auto lose to Jade Druid.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The point of the card is to allow fatigue decks to exist again. Nobody builds or plays them because its auto lose to Jade Druid.

Yea. I think in most cases we won't see this card very much, it'll be in some niche decks, but if Jade Druid is rampant... or if any other 1-cost spells seem problematic, we at least have this tech.

Would be interesting if they remove Ice Lance & PO from the HOF next rotation due to this existing... doubt they will, but so many combos could be re-evaluated because of this card.

Secret Paladin would have never existed
Leeroy+PO+Faceless would not have worked
Freeze Mage would have lost a lot of burst
Malygos Rogue would not have worked
Malygos Druid would not have worked

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users