Hearthstone

Rime

<Donor>
Quillboars are the most fucked up thing they have added to BGs in a long time. Worse than the pirate or elemental or even murloc meta.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Quillboars are the most fucked up thing they have added to BGs in a long time. Worse than the pirate or elemental or even murloc meta.
I pretty much stopped playing. Shit sucks balls.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've got to imagine Mage gets hit by the nerfs. I'm 27-8 with my current version of spell mage, that's 77% win rate. That's really too high I think. Granted a lot of that is just climbing to legend last season and diamond 5 so far this season, but you win a lot of games that seem unwinnable. It's interesting that going first seems to be significantly better. I'd imagine because what you really lose to is high tempo decks, and when you go second you're just permanently behind.

1620484432971.png

### No Minion Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Brain Freeze
# 2x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (1) Font of Power
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 2x (1) Shooting Star
# 2x (2) Cram Session
# 2x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (3) Combustion
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (4) Refreshing Spring Water
# 2x (4) Ring Toss
# 2x (5) Apexis Blast
# 1x (7) Flamestrike
# 2x (7) Mask of C'Thun
#
AAECAZ7hAwKU0QP+ngQOwbgDjLkDgb8D4MwDx84Dzc4D99ED+90D694D0OwD0ewD/J4E/Z4EwqAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've got to imagine Mage gets hit by the nerfs. I'm 27-8 with my current version of spell mage, that's 77% win rate. That's really too high I think. Granted a lot of that is just climbing to legend last season and diamond 5 so far this season, but you win a lot of games that seem unwinnable. It's interesting that going first seems to be significantly better. I'd imagine because what you really lose to is high tempo decks, and when you go second you're just permanently behind.

View attachment 353186

### No Minion Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Brain Freeze
# 2x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (1) Font of Power
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 2x (1) Shooting Star
# 2x (2) Cram Session
# 2x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (3) Combustion
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (4) Refreshing Spring Water
# 2x (4) Ring Toss
# 2x (5) Apexis Blast
# 1x (7) Flamestrike
# 2x (7) Mask of C'Thun
#
AAECAZ7hAwKU0QP+ngQOwbgDjLkDgb8D4MwDx84Dzc4D99ED+90D694D0OwD0ewD/J4E/Z4EwqAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
I posted this and have gone 1-4 since lol. Every game going second and drawing hot garbage.

• 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

too little, too late, not good enough to reinstall.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I can definitely understand why people cut a ring toss, because it can be hard to corrupt. I'm up to 23 games with the deck and a 78% win rate.

View attachment 352107
This is in addition to that, with more games both before and after the patch. Still hovering around 70% win rate. The thing that strikes me the most is how bad going second is for the deck, it's just not good. Especially in the mirror and vs Paladin.

Though if you are having trouble vs Rogue apparently you should play spell mage, because according to my limited sample size you dumpster Rogue.

1621586621773.png

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Bozzton vs Warma series that just finished showed some true Mage shenanigans. I understand why people hate the deck but it brings me great joy. I could just queue it all day

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
A few weeks back he did a win trade for zhym by not showing up for the match so Zhym(his fellow countryman and practice partner) could avoid relegation. Blyze just rage quit losing to Frenetic, lol, what a pos

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Stealer of Souls + Plot Twist + Violet Illusionist. It's not an OTK combo but it is a ton of tempo. Add Mecha'Thun and Cataclysm after tearing through your deck.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
thanks Deathwing Deathwing , I had zero clue what it was about as I don't follow wild at all. Just the fact they are banning a card from wild of all places struck me as pretty lol

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still play this game, but you just can't take it seriously. This expansion has been a down one imo.
I don't understand how they nerf king krush and devilsaur but make an 8 mana 8/8 with rush AND charge and its a minion type so it has all kinds of great synergies to boot.

Last edited:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Still play this game, but you just can't take it seriously. This expansion has been a down one imo.
I don't understand how they nerf king krush and devilsaur but make an 8 mana 8/8 with rush AND charge and its a minion type so it has all kinds of great synergies to boot.
My feeling on ladder right now is almost that there are too many classes too balanced with each other, so there isn't really a meta. It feels like a lot of games of who draws better.