Hearthstone

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Pricing of Naxx leaked? - Forums - Hearthstone

Supposedly there is leaked information (with pictures!) on a Chinese site that breaks down the Naxx pricing as follows:

1st Wing: Free
2nd Wing: 500 Gold
3rd Wing: 1,000 Gold
4th Wing: 1,500 Gold
5th Wing: 2,000 Gold

Being a "Chinese site reporting on leaked information," I'm not sure how much faith to put into it but those prices do seem somewhat reasonable. It works out to 1,250 per wing with the early wings much cheaper. According to the same site, the U.S. Dollar cost is $90 for the whole thing and that's why I'm so skeptical. $90 for Naxx is beyond insane (even if it scales like the gold cost does where the first wing is 10 and the second is 20 and so on).

We'll see. I've got 3,200 gold saved right onw so by the time it actually releases I should have enough gold to just open it up that way.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pricing of Naxx leaked? - Forums - Hearthstone

Supposedly there is leaked information (with pictures!) on a Chinese site that breaks down the Naxx pricing as follows:

1st Wing: Free
2nd Wing: 500 Gold
3rd Wing: 1,000 Gold
4th Wing: 1,500 Gold
5th Wing: 2,000 Gold

Being a "Chinese site reporting on leaked information," I'm not sure how much faith to put into it but those prices do seem somewhat reasonable. It works out to 1,250 per wing with the early wings much cheaper. According to the same site, the U.S. Dollar cost is $90 for the whole thing and that's why I'm so skeptical. $90 for Naxx is beyond insane (even if it scales like the gold cost does where the first wing is 10 and the second is 20 and so on).

We'll see. I've got 3,200 gold saved right onw so by the time it actually releases I should have enough gold to just open it up that way.
I think it would be ridiculous if they charged any wing more than 1600 gold. I don't think it'll be a 1 to 1 conversion for real cash though. Probably $50 for the whole thing (which I still think is a little high).

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
90% chance of bullshit. They've said the 1st and last wing will be free. That leak also claims that you get a 100g discount for completing objectives in previously released wings. Sounds like something they would have mentioned by now if so. It's also lame as fuck, intimidates the casual player base, and doesn't even make business sense to put a huge price tag just to hand out discounts. You already need to complete the challenges to get all the cards so what's the point? Even if you pay real money you still need to complete them and everyone will be knocking them out in the first hour of the first day.

If it has any sort of truth to it then the leak is misleading an going to be additive. 500 a wing with the total cost being 1500-2k. They will have enraged and quitting players at a 5000g total. Daily quests average 49g a day (assuming optimal rerolling) with 100g max from play wins. That's 34 days of completely capping your gold income which takes hours a day. Even assuming a completely unrealistic 5 minute wins with an 80% win rate that's over 3 hours of grinding. Arenas are of course an option to go over the gold cap but just like a slot machine it's designed to be in the house's favor. So any average (or worse, bad) player will only be significantly extending their 34 days just for trying. It's blizzard so daily grinding like WoW might be expected but not even WoW requires that much time per day and it's one of their "hardcore" games compared to the drop-in-drop-out 5-10 minute casual fest that is Hearthstone. For just daily quests alone that would come out to 1666 gold over the same time frame which makes 1500-2000 much more reasonable for the working man to still make decent progress for over a month before finishing while the hardcore can grind out the same in ~12 days (again, sans arena). To put it differently, assuming 3-4 hours a day, 2000g would require 40-60 hours while 5000g would take 120-150 hours. The equivalent of 3-4 weeks of full time work would be insane. There's also the barrier to entry for new players that would become immensely steep. With more mobile/tablet/console releases on the way that's probably not something they want either. They want long term impulse micro-transactions like arena entries; not huge price tags for sweeping negatives.

If it's cumulative that would also put the total package at ~$36 USD which will probably net them more money overall than a $90 price tag. I don't really care either way as I play the shit out of the game and will have enough gold regardless but this has hoax written all over it.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The real money cost seems really high but I don't think the gold cost is unreasonable. Like I said it works out to 1,250 gold a wing which is more than what a lot of people wanted but not ludicrous. Remember, it is in Blizzard's best interest to get people to open their wallets so I really doubt we are going to see 500 gold per wing the way a lot of people want. So 1,250 a wing (averaged) isn't too bad but I doubt the real money cost will be anything near $90. Nobody would pay that.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone wanna play some practice games? I'd like to both play and play against miracle rogue as it is probably my worst matchup, maybe familiarizing myself with it more will help. Serum#1204

Mountain Man_sl

shitlord
Those prices are absurd. If they were releasing 200 cards that price would make sense but they are releasing 30... Its like 1/6 of an expansion.

I understand they want to increase the longevity of the game by not releasing everything at once but there are so many potential mechanics they could add in that it shouldn't be an issue to release large quantities of cards every few months.

Column_sl

shitlord
They will never go that high for the wings.

Only way I could see them doing that is to punish the free to play people, and offering set prices for people that wanted to pay.

So like 5 bucks if you want to buy, and 1500 gold if you want to grind.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I could see the real money prices being different. But then again, their Hots pricing is pretty retarded too so maybe they're just checking how much people are willing to pay. Figure I should be doing daillies though so I have a bit of gold before the patch hits.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been buying packs every time I save up 4-500 gold since I still need a lot of cards/dust. At some point I should probably start saving for Naxx.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
People never disappoint. After a loss yesterday because my opponent used an infinite turn bug I go to check the official forums to check see if its a reported bug. Every time I look in those forums there is a post or multiple posts about gorehowl being bugged because it disappeared after hitting the enemy hero once and sure enough, there are still new threads popping up stating that gorehowl is bugged because it disappeared after hitting their opponent's face. How do these people function in life with absolutely zero reading comprehension?

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't think 5k gold for everything is too unreasonable. I have like 800 now, but I really haven't been focusing too much on saving it. I'm assuming that the new content will offer new quests/ways to make gold, so I don't think it will be that big a deal to open everything up. It's not too hard to get 80+ gold a day as it is.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
5k is pretty absurd. I haven't been playing much lately but I can play a miracle Rogue against you. It's not a deck I've played a ton, but I've done okay with it whenever I do play it.

I really doubt they'd do incrementing costs per wing, I think people are just misunderstanding and it's 500g per wing.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The content is supposed to last and one way of doing that is a substantial buy-in. That option also has the added advantage of revenue.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
$90 is unreasonable and absurd. 5,000 gold for all the wings really isn't. Blizzard isn't going to give this content away for free (or even cheap). 1,250 per wing (again, the average) is more than I was hoping for but not completely unreasonable.