Hearthstone

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Whoever created Zoo can die a painful death. I really wish you can veto a class.
Reynad. I find him hilarious to watch on Twitch because he just bitches all the time. His life must be super rough (for a middle class white kid that plays games for a living).

Column_sl

shitlord
I wonder if they will keep doing one card back per reset, or if they will stop that when Nax comes out.

I have all the card backs including Legendary, and the Ipad one. I rather they release more player skins as well.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Reynad. I find him hilarious to watch on Twitch because he just bitches all the time. His life must be super rough (for a middle class white kid that plays games for a living).
That drunk fuck created it? I really hate that deck. Its takes no skill whatsoever to play it. It's worse than miracle.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well created might be a strong word, but yeah he's the one that called it Zoo and released the first "official" list for it. It has evolved quite a bit over time though but still the concept is the same. Warlocks have been running aggro and tempo decks forever though, the hero power kinda makes it an obvious choice(similar to how it also makes handlocks fairly obvious, but this type of deck took a lot longer to pop up actually).

Column_sl

shitlord
Another super easy ,and effective deck is the healing Paladin. It beats pretty much everything, but it takes longer to win than Zoo does so it is not as popular.

It was the mage killer when mages were insane back in the low cost pyro blast days.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Well created might be a strong word, but yeah he's the one that called it Zoo and released the first "official" list for it. It has evolved quite a bit over time though but still the concept is the same. Warlocks have been running aggro and tempo decks forever though, the hero power kinda makes it an obvious choice(similar to how it also makes handlocks fairly obvious, but this type of deck took a lot longer to pop up actually).
I really hate when people try to take away Zoo from him. There is so fucking much that can be said about Reynad and his whining, but he 100% created Zoo. When Zoo hit the ladder the only slightly comparable thing was Murloc aggro. I remember watching multiple casts where Reynad had to defend the use of Doomguards and Shield Bearers in Zoo. Try playing Zoo without Doomguards and see how far you get....

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really hate when people try to take away Zoo from him. There is so fucking much that can be said about Reynad and his whining, but he 100% created Zoo. When Zoo hit the ladder the only slightly comparable thing was Murloc aggro. I remember watching multiple casts where Reynad had to defend the use of Doomguards and Shield Bearers in Zoo. Try playing Zoo without Doomguards and see how far you get....
Long before murloc aggro, as in before the final wipe even, curi's board control warlock was basically "zoo", probably 20-26 of the cards were the same depending on which version you were playing at the time. The problem was throughout the beta they nerfed over half the cards in the deck putting it on the back burner and bringing to rise the murloc warlock. Reynad did popularize shield bearer and showed people how strong doomguards are when people thought the card was unplayable though.

Column_sl

shitlord

That's kind of true, and kind of not.

Locks were running similar decks back in the day with much better cards that all were nerfed. Argent commander had more health, imps were giving out health instantly, all the attack buffs were permanent ,and didn't disappear after a round.

What Reynad did was take those decks, and put a couple cards in them to make it viable again.

So he get's the credit for that

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Saying this because the theme existed long before he made the deck, he tweaked a few cards and made a version of zoo, then later tweaked more cards and did another version and a lot of other people did several tweaks. The idea of having small minions and buffing them with efficient cards wasn't new though, shit for a while everyone ran that deck for almost every class with like prenerf dark iron and prenerf shattered sun and prenerf argus and shit, they went away when they were nerfed but the idea wasn't new. Warlock had an even more powerful version due to bloodimps being broken as all fuck, so you'd get voidwalkers with crazy stats and shit. The doomguard is definitely the big difference that he made compared to all previous decks however. Shieldbearers iirc were already starting to pop up in various decks as people noticed they were pretty good at fending off early agression especially with buff cards and in general were a 4hp heal for 1.

Maybe the way I said made it sound too much like he didn't do shit, and yes I agree he did and made that particular deck popular. But it's kinda like if someone was credited for "creating" miracle rogue when the deck style has been ran for a long time, just because they happened to publish an article or made a youtube video explaining the deck that made it popular.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
The difference between playing against the people who have the cards that you don't? Just so one sided. Do any of those basic deck--> legend streamers have that stuff recorded? Do you guys know where to find it?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The difference between playing against the people who have the cards that you don't? Just so one sided. Do any of those basic deck--> legend streamers have that stuff recorded? Do you guys know where to find it?
Trump's youtube should have his runs, or like some of it. Or his twitch channel. He did a lot of the classes. Mind you, it's not pure basic, it's like "new account to legendary". He plays his free arena and disenchant all the shit he gets for other classes to craft the better cheap cards(common and rares mostly) for his current class. Still it's not particularily expensive shit.

Column_sl

shitlord
The reason why they play arena first is it puts you on the same playing field as everyone else, and that's easy money for anyone who knows the game.

I don't think anyone has done the basic decks without buying anything ever all the way to Legendary, but I could be wrong.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The reason why they play arena first is it puts you on the same playing field as everyone else, and that's easy money for anyone who knows the game.

I don't think anyone has done the basic decks without buying anything ever all the way to Legendary, but I could be wrong.
Well technically the only thing it's gonna do is save you a couple of days of grinding the 10g per 3wins to get even. Unless they get like 12wins or some shit then it's more but iirc Trump did a run with a 5/3 arena score and that's like 150g worth of value only, which isn't much.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Yeah, they all streamed it live on their Twitch accounts. Amaz did Priest, Reynad has done Rogue and Warrior, Trump has done Mage, Warlock, and Shaman. Not sure if it is on their highlights or you just have to go dig for it. Googling it would probably give you some leads.

@Column: Um, yeah, that is what they did. That is what they mean by "f2p." They spent zero real money to get to legend. They each did a few arena runs to get cards, of course, because that is the fastest way to do it if you're good at arena. Unless you meant no one bought packs even with gold...?

Also Murlocs is a pretty cheap deck that will get you to legendary eventually.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely makes sense that these Paladin decks are doing well. 90% of the decks I play are full on face decks, and playing 800 taunts in a Druid deck isn't good enough right now.

Column_sl

shitlord
Unless you meant no one bought packs even with gold...?
Yeah I meant no one bought anything with gold/dust, and just progressed with the cards you make from getting level 10-60.
I don't think that has been done yet, or is even possible without grinding your class up to 60 to get all the free class cards.

The f2p is only as impressive as the time you spent to do it. Lower time = more impressive