Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't believe Kranich is playing fucking OTK warrior at the world championships. I also can't believe he's one game from the semis with OTK warrior.

*edit*

What a brutal BGH topdeck by Kolento

MossyBank

N00b
RIP Kolento.
frown.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean maybe Kolento hasn't played/played against OTK warrior, but what a boneheaded decision. He was right to hold Loatheb back until that turn, but then not playing Loatheb that turn rather obviously cost him the game. If Kranich had a brawl he would have cast it already, so if he topdecks it that turn his only option to stay alive is a 10 mana brawl in which he most likely loses his Alex. By playing around 2 cards (My OTK war ran 2 brawls but that was on the ladder, Kranich might only run 1), Kolento gave up lethal to 4 cards. Fiery War Axe would have been lethal too.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Has Battle.net been down for the last 16 hours or something? I've been trying to download the client and HS on my friend's laptop while housesitting, and the site just isn't loading whatsoever. Don't know if it's her laptop or what?

Will someone do me a favour and check? Weird to have the battle.net site down for so long. Nevermind, just seems not to load on her laptop. So weird wtf.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Kolento was just way too passive in that last game.

I think they should have done double elim in the top 8

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
On a side note, I've got over 1,600 gold and 3,500 dust so I should be ready for the xpac. Even with all of the RNG, some cards look pretty solid. I really like Annoy-O-Tron and the Mage Lava Cannon is pretty decent (RNG but that can be controlled).

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
And holy shit. It's either hardcore aggro or Priest. Nothing else. I auto-concede against Priest. I play Control Warrior and Priest games are an easy 30 minutes long. I don't care about rank, I'm just trying to grind out some wins toward a golden portrait (just over 100 to go).

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On a side note, I've got over 1,600 gold and 3,500 dust so I should be ready for the xpac. Even with all of the RNG, some cards look pretty solid. I really like Annoy-O-Tron and the Mage Lava Cannon is pretty decent (RNG but that can be controlled).
Did they say for sure yet if there's a new dust coming?

Neph_sl

shitlord
Fireside Chat Developer Panel Recap - News - Hearthstone

Breakdown of their panel. No new dust, same crafting costs.

The very first subject is randomness where Ben Brode makes the case for increasing the randomness in HS. Basically, adding more randomness increases the amount of player skill needed to perform well. Also, it increases the frequency of awesome things happening (Rag hitting the right target, getting a good Brawl, etc).

I'll drink the kool aid for now, and we'll see how it actually plays out next month.

edit: Also, there's more cards on that link. Ex Spare Parts are random 1 mana cards that can swap hp/atk, give +1 hp, +1 atk. Then there's a new Warrior card, Bouncing Blade: 3 mana, deal 1 damage to a random minion, repeat until a minion dies.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Fireside Chat Developer Panel Recap - News - Hearthstone

Breakdown of their panel. No new dust, same crafting costs.

The very first subject is randomness where Ben Brode makes the case for increasing the randomness in HS. Basically, adding more randomness increases the amount of player skill needed to perform well. Also, it increases the frequency of awesome things happening (Rag hitting the right target, getting a good Brawl, etc).

I'll drink the kool aid for now, and we'll see how it actually plays out next month.

edit: Also, there's more cards on that link. Ex Spare Parts are random 1 mana cards that can swap hp/atk, give +1 hp, +1 atk. Then there's a new Warrior card, Bouncing Blade: 3 mana, deal 1 damage to a random minion, repeat until a minion dies.
Lololol more RNG = more skill? Who are they trying to fool? It;s obviously all about their "accessibility" model, trying to make the game easier and easier to play and just something you can click wildly without any thought. Ugh.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What a retard. RNG is a direct fucking counter to skill. I.E. it makes no fucking difference how skilled you are if your Rag keeps hitting the wrong targets, or if his knife juggler juggles you perfectly.

Fucking tool.