Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Here's my pre-victory screenshot over Heroic Emp:

rrr_img_94034.jpg

First wing was pretty easy. Only had to re-tool my decks for Arena & Emperor but then beat them in 1-2 tries afterwards.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Overall the Heroics were fun - I'm looking forward to the rest of the wings. Emperor is huge. Already made him Gold.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just realized that the meta probably wont change that much because the new hunter card is out in the very first week. They should have delayed it until week 5 so people would be more likely to dick around with new decks instead of just sticking with hunter.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol Gang Up is so funny in a Mill Rogue. Between Healbot and Oracle it is just madness. Emp helps too. Control Mill Rogue. I just healed for almost 80 on Healbots alone. Freezing trap gave me two extra brewmasters.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
2nd heroic is probably the hardest.

I exploited Millhouse to do infinite fireballs with archmage. Took me controlling the board for ~15 turns before he finally played him though. Somehow I got lucky and did it 1st try after tuning my deck. I could have easily had bad RNG and he play millhouse before I had the mana for archmage.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Watching Trump struggle makes me think he is so overrated. Not thinking of putting Silence in the deck against Emperor was just silly. You have Aboms and Flesheating Ghouls you need to deal with. Wow. And fuck me Amaz had to tell him to put Crazed Alchemist in. Lol poor Trump.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I beat all 3 of the normals using an experimental mid-range shaman deck I was laddering with.

First heroic was easy
Paladin with MC techs, Faceless, taunts, and shit-tons of dive shield with many legendaries. If you get KZ on the board its auto-win.

The second heroic gave me the most trouble.
I ended up using a ramp druid deck with naturalize x2, BGH, Starfall, lots of taunts, Cenarius, and KZ. Since he often plays Milhouse on turn one you could also probably pull it off with a spell based OTK deck (or force of nature x2 + savage roar x2) and just concede until you have the opening hand you need.

Third heroic only took 3 tries
I ended up using a heal paladin because you have to keep Moira from dying to the unstable ghouls, abominations, and death's bite axes that Thaur plays. You can do this via silence against those minions but you need blessing of kings and/or hand of protection against the deaths's bite axe. After that you just heal more damage than he can dish out. Pro-tip: put blessing of wisdom on Moira to get 2 cards per turn and use humility/peacekeeper on her so she doesn't kill you.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So it mostly works on my phone. Was working great first 4-5 matches, now every match I seem to get an app crash or something. Wondering if it's the network I'm on as other shit is hiccuping too. But I may try and re-install one of the other versions as well.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It's soooo strong. 1 mana on every card in your hand is so huge in control decks. If he doesn't get removed immediately just forget it, you lost.

MattEnth_sl

shitlord
Heroic emp actually bugged out for me (I think?) Was really disappointing, actually... He dropped Abom, I'd already burned my silences, so I killed it expecting to die. I had a full board with Kel'Thuzud and lethal next turn.Emp used his 30 damage hero power on KT instead of me.And I won in a really unsatisfying fashion
frown.png
I went back just for good measure and have now beaten him now on several classes - Paladin with Aldor Peacekeeper on his wife and early Argent Protectors and Minibots, Priest with Mind Control, Rogue overloaded with early control, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kel'Thuzad get the Alexstraza treatment, or at least seeing a significant AI change. I 1-shot all the normals and all heroics but Emporer, and many of them were built with just surviving until I could drop Kel'Thuzad. The AI just never seemed to prioritize him effectively, which makes his value just stupid and insane. Yeah let me sacrifice all my cards, get them all back, and just watch you ignore Kel'Thuzud again!

What I will say is that the bosses were morefunthan Naxx this time. Overloading a deck with all your 6+ cards for Dark Iron Arena is just fun. The Mage class challenge was also particularly fun ^_^