Hearthstone

MossyBank

N00b
Just got my 5th TGT pack from Arena (grinding em the old fasioned way, since I still need cards from classic/gvg anyway)...

Hover over, see orange glow... hear the innkeeper 'GOLDEN LEGENDARY!' oh shit!

bRVkc7Z.png

Trolled.
frown.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
After getting hosed play after play in this week's brawl it hit me:thisis the ultimate vision of what Hearthstone is going to be. Complete. Utter. Randomness.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I made a Mech Priest deck for spare parts, because I wanted to try Eydis And Fjola Darkbane. Nothing really serious, just for fun's sake...kinda gimmick decks I like so much.

I had 3 spare parts in my hand, 1 holy smite, and 1 power word: shield. Eydis on the board with Piloted Shredder. Opponent had nothing on his board.

I cashed the 3 parts, power word shield and holy smite for 15 to face, I'll admit I could have used Holy Smite directly to face for the win...but using it on Eydis was more fun.

Hurray for the gimmick deck.
smile.png

ex-genj

Golden Squire
This might finally be the expansion that breaks me. Not having any fun at all playing endless "lets count down the removals" 20 minute control warrior matches interspersed with aggro paladins. zzzzzzzzzzzz. I had the "dream" turn 6 coin to flamestrike, turn 7 flamestrike against token paly who refilled his board and emptied his hand and I still lost by a mile, not even close. Saltyness abounds!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Unfortunately, the side effect of overabundance of agro and token decks means everyone is loaded with removal. It's less like chess and more like rock'em sock'em robots.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Oh and in my gimmick deck, I also put Confessor Paletress, what an awesome card. I mean she's really meant to be played on turn 9 with her Inspire at the same time, but long game are easy for priests.

In the 2 games I had a chance to play her on turn 9 she gave me Deathwing in one, and King Crush in the other. That's spectacular return for 9 mana.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've been out of town and I'm way behind in the thread and what's going on in the meta. I finally got around to opening my 50 packs a little bit ago. Only one fucking legendary. At least it's apparently a decent one. Mistcaller. I also got one of the epic dragons that I'm reading good things about.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Slowly grinding up with dragon priest, although my deck is a little more aggressive than the Reynad and company lists. Slowly getting a sense of the matchups... But its cursed by the typical priest failing of inconsistency. You either get a starter hand of a perfect curve which beats anything or you get a hand full of buff spells and lose to everything. There is no in between.

Edit: oh yeah matchups.
Favored: combo druid, mages, facehunter, patron (I think)
50/50: control warrior, midrange paladin, totem shaman
Unfavored: midrange hunter, fast paladin, hand lock

Dunno about zoo or rogue yet. Haven't really seen any.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Saw a post that said the Brawl is (or was?) bugged and not having any spells - would explain the Challenger issue.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ran into a TON of Wallet Control Warrior last night. I don't see them too often and it is alarming how quickly they can get 20+ armor with Shieldmaiden, Block, etc. Those games were so annoying I just stopped playing for a few hours.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw a post that said the Brawl is (or was?) bugged and not having any spells - would explain the Challenger issue.
That's 100% false. Do you visit the official forums or hearthpwn threads or something? Its always the bugs/hacks/sploits/conspiracies with you!!!

Railin_sl

shitlord
TGT Decks - Album on Imgur

I made that Dragon Mage deck.. Its okay so far, I only played about 4 games. I feel like it could be improved though. I do not like running double chows, so I have to think of a good replacement. I was thinking ooze to counter the heavy pally/warrior play atm. Any other recommendations for swaps in the deck?

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ran into a TON of Wallet Control Warrior last night. I don't see them too often and it is alarming how quickly they can get 20+ armor with Shieldmaiden, Block, etc. Those games were so annoying I just stopped playing for a few hours.
If its any consolation I milled quit a few of these decks into oblivion on my rogue last night. Wait for Varian to draw his deck, oracle, prep vanish, oracle then end turn. Concede follows shortly
smile.png

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Played 25 games with Dreadsteed in Handlock. Started 10-4 (71%) but ended 14-11 (56%). Had a bad run toward the end hitting more aggro decks.
The gist is I did very well vs late game decks and shitty against Aggro.

Dreadsteed is... Interesting. I only ever wanted 3-4 max on the board which meant Rivendare was kinda wasteful, but I only needed 1 Steed in the deck due to Rivendare, so only 2 cards to create an insane late game. I never added other Deathrattles to make more use of Rivendare (Sylvanas/Egg). I actually feel dumb not adding Sylvanas, she is like a core Handlock card and with Rivendare even moreso. Didn't think of her till this morning.

I am going to try a Demonlock edition tonight which should beef up the early game. In Handlock I found turn 4 to be too awkward with Steed/Giant/Drake all vying to be played, but typically I didn't concern myself with playing steed since I wanted the bigger body on 4. Problem with Handlock is you lack the turn 1-3 cards to keep a board clear to safely play Steed. With Demonlock I'll have Eggs/Imp Gang Boss for a much stronger early game.

Last Night's Decklist:Dreadlock 56% - Hearthstone Decks
Tonight's:Dreadlock 2.0 - Hearthstone Decks

So much more Rivendare synergy with the new list: Eggs/Voidcallers/Sylvanas/Steed/Belchers/Boom Bots
It's missing a BGH and Implosions. 2x Shadowflame is just too good especially when running 2x Power Overwhelming. Also Shadowflame on Sylvanas is too good.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like MrYagut's list, although you may want shredders over violet teachers, really depends. Assassin's blade is great against dragon priest, and there's just enough control warriors running around to justify it as well. Plus less people teching in weapon hate with everyone being so busy playing with TGT stuff.
That is pretty close to what I came up with anyway, will give it a shot. I dunno if I feel like Loatheb is that useful right now, I'll probably tech him out for something.