Hearthstone

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Fuck all of you and your logic. I want to bitch about that fucking annoying card. Has there been a more sure way to guarantee victory on turn 6?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hmmmm

Emperor-Thaurissan-Hearthstone.jpg

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So what are the best arena decks now? I know pally is ridiculous and mage will always be good. Is shammy now one of the top ones? Or has it been? I haven't done arena in ages.
No, Shaman is not on the top at all, and never has been imo, it's always been around rank 5-6.

It is Mage/Paladin tier 1 and Warlock/Rogue tier 2 (which was the same pre TGT imo, except maybe Druid was up with Rogue/Warlock. Every other class is a tier below, easily, and Warrior is so bad it's even below that. Icyveins is accurate:

Tier 1 (Excellent): Paladin, Mage
Tier 2 (Great): Rogue, Warlock
Tier 3 (Good): Shaman, Hunter, Druid, Priest
Tier 4 (Average): Warrior

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Or Tempo Mage, or Control Mage, or Midrange Hunter, or double brawl control warrior, or probably handlock too.

Ever since TGT dropped every single one of your posts has been about how unstoppable secret paladin is. It isn't.
Yes, it's technically possible to construct a deck that beats Secret Paladin, but this deck has resulted in a ridiculously toxic metagame. Midrange and control decks are absolutely nonexistent because, well, Divine Favor you lose. There's no way control anything beats Divine Favor for 5+ cards. Aggro Paladin with DF existed before TGT but Challenger gave this deck actual staying power, so you can no longer beat them with board sweepers or large taunts that 2-for-1 and 3-for-1ed them repeatedly. MC made it basically impossible to construct a midrange or control deck that can beat Paladin, and that's a problem. The only way you can beat it now is to go aggro or play combo.

To beat Secret Paladin without playing an uninteractive combo deck you need early board presence. MC alone if they have no other creatures is not a huge threat, Divine Favor does nothing if you empty your hand fast, and stuff like Truesilver Champion is also terrible against a swarm of weenies. The thing is though, why would you want to play such a deck? If you want to beat Paladin, just play Patron Warrior. This theoretical weenie deck, matchup wise, is just strictly worse than Patron Warrior. It beats Paladin just like Patron does, but unlike Patron, you'll probably get steamrolled by most of the other random decks because you're playing a gimmicky weenie deck that's low on power level. Just play Patron Warrior and you get to beat up on both Paladin AND all the other random crap running around.

Honestly, right now I don't see a good reason to play anything but Patron Warrior. Paladin has pushed out all the midrange and control decks that beat you, leaving you with basically no bad matchups. Handlock? That's an epic joke of a deck right now, considering that Paladin will just respond to you sweeping their board by drawing eight cards.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I won't go so far as to say that Paladin is Overpowered right now but they are VERY strong at the moment. As such they are over-represented on the ladder. Paladins also have about 3 viable ladder decks too which are all strong in their own ways. Again this leads to over-representation on the ladder. Easily half of my matches are against a Paladin right now.

I think Mysterious Challenger needs watching. I don't know that it needs nerfing just yet but it should be on their watch list. People are getting smarter playing around Paladin Secrets but it's still a consistent enough deck that there are times you simply can't play around it and just flat out lose.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Secret paladin is a strong deck but has weaknesses for sure. Not drawing MC or drawing too many secrets early or just running into a deck that has all the answers. I've been playing the "Control" style Secret Paladin, not the aggro version. The main contributor for wins is a very strong early game with continuous board floods: Minibot/Muster/Murloc Knight/etc. Then turn 6 MC into Boom into Tyrion is a devastating late game. But of course drawing all the cards on time is an issue. I've had a fair share of losses where I draw 5 secrets in the first 7 turns. It's rare, but still.

I compare my decklist similarly to Patron in that the secrets are the "Patrons". Annoying but not hard to deal with most of the time. And then Boom/Tyrion late game after they blow their load clearing constant shit are my "Frothings".

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Haven't played constructed in almost 2 weeks. Are people still running into Varian? Trying to decide what to craft next. I just opened my 3rd Dreadscale (out of 4 total TGT legendaries) sad panda. So I want to craft something useful, but I feel like it's going to end up being non TGT. What crafting recommendations do high rank constructed savvy people recommend for TGT epics/legends?

MossyBank

N00b
TGT Legends: Justicar Trueheart, Gormok The Impaler, Chillmaw are probably the most competitive ones in the meta right now. For epics consider: Mysterious Challenger, Twilight Guardian mainly.

Varian has already fallen out of favor in Control Warrior. But alot of CW's are playing justicar.

In general TGT legendary cards arent that good... if you don't have something like Dr. Boom or Sylvanus, or cards like that. I would craft those over any TGT stuff, unless you really want to play dragon priest, then you need stuff like chillmaw, twilight guardian like I said.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got Alexstraza last night from an arena pack. As a casual who only has a couple other legendaries, is the card worth saving or just dust it?

No idea what decks even use her at this point.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'll second the paladin over-representation on the ladder. I'm seeing 75% paladin at rank 2-4, the majority of which are some form of secret deck built around MC. Very few patrons, which is odd, since it's clearly the strongest deck and a counter to the paladins.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Patron is actually semi-difficult to play properly, so it'll never see huge representation among the general ladder grinding populace.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
TGT Legends: Justicar Trueheart, Gormok The Impaler, Chillmaw are probably the most competitive ones in the meta right now. For epics consider: Mysterious Challenger, Twilight Guardian mainly.

Varian has already fallen out of favor in Control Warrior. But alot of CW's are playing justicar.

In general TGT legendary cards arent that good... if you don't have something like Dr. Boom or Sylvanus, or cards like that. I would craft those over any TGT stuff, unless you really want to play dragon priest, then you need stuff like chillmaw, twilight guardian like I said.
Have Justicar and Chillmaw. Gormok, really? Has he become widely used and respected? I've seen him in some fringe lists, but always with a lot of critique about the choice. Also have x2 Mysterious and x2 Twillight Guardian. I guess I'm looking for the mid level epics/legendaries to craft then at this point.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, Gormok is shit but the other TGT legends are even more shit. Although I'd put Paletress on the list, the latest trend on the asian server is to swap Ysera out for Paletress in Dragon Priest and it will undoubtedly spread to EU and NA too.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I had an easily won game vs. Dragon Priest turn into a shitfest because Paletress came down and summoned them Anub'arak. Dafuq.