Hearthstone

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
That's the beta warrior combo when warsong commander gave ALL minions charge.

Also, the card "charge" used to be 0 mana and gave a minion charge. So you could, Alex + charge, and hit them with a gorehowl the next turn.

They both got nerfed right quick.

Edit: this was back when the developers thought charge was similar to haste in MTG, except in MTG you can block.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea the current brawl is going to be that deck 90% of the time. To counter you'll need to play it like vs a handlock. Always consider them having moltens in hand. What makes it tougher is Rogue can weapon up and attack your taunt minions to get his health low. If you're not playing the same deck then you'll probably want heals to use on opponent to keep his health higher, get a massive board, then OTK them. That Rogue deck lacks AOE clear.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That unbeatable brawl deck would have a 0% win rate against a warlock deck packing po/dragonhawk

*edit*

in fact I don't see how it beats any kind of warlock.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think the difference is that dagger allows you to lower your health faster than the warlock can.

IDK really, I haven't played either in this brawl because it's not fun.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who said anything about warlock needing to lower their health? They'll just sit there building the kill combo and you'll never get your health low enough to do your own combo.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Who said anything about warlock needing to lower their health? They'll just sit there building the kill combo and you'll never get your health low enough to do your own combo.
Lets be real here, the Rogue deck is not bad. It's beatable, but it'll be hard. If you refuse to play minions then have fun getting an Eerie Statue to the face.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, I went 6-1 with it last night. It's very good. Especially because a lot of people are building zerg decks to take you down as fast as possible.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lets be real here, the Rogue deck is not bad. It's beatable, but it'll be hard. If you refuse to play minions then have fun getting an Eerie Statue to the face.
All I was saying is that it's not unbeatable. It's still one of the better decks, but speaking from experience it gets destroyed by warlock. Not aggro lock of course, but handlockish or P/O combo crushes it pretty hard.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Face, face and more face. Those are the only decks I'm seeing right now. My last few games have been against a few Face Hunters, two different Face Warriors, Face Druid and a ton of Aggro Shaman.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This was some of the most trouble I've ever had hitting rank 5. Got one win away so many times then got blown out by someone with a nuts draw. Finally got in when my gatekeeper match was a big mismatch in my favor (anyfin vs control warrior).

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
OK. I'm not sure what's worse. All of the mindless face decks I've been seeing or a fucking Reno Mage. 3 Healing Bots (not going to miss you one bit), 2 Reno Jacksons (beacause, of course, he was playing against me so his Gnome gave him Time Rewinder), and an Ice Block (can't wait for this one to be nerfed). Despite all of that I still nearly won. But I don't know what's worse. The mindless face decks that are over in 3 minutes or that match which drug out for 30.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I tried just about every variant of Reno mage I could when LoE dropped and I just couldn't make it work consistently. Warlock has lifetap to compensate for the inability to double up on the better card drawing options, but mage is stuck hoping you get mad scientist in your opening hand and trying to get maximum value out of duplicate and maybe echo. Mage also lacks the more robust win conditions that warlock has. The best I could ever come up with for an end game win condition against other control decks was rhonin into antonidas, but between duplicate, echo, and the need to play your hand out very carefully against other control decks, you will generally spend the entire game with your hand too full for rhonin's deathrattle, so you have to stay alive and drag the game out into fatigue, without getting low enough that they can just let fatigue kill you through iceblock, before you can finally set up antonidas properly. You're also lacking the more efficient early game minions and board clears that warlock has access to.

So yeah every now and then I got that hilarious matchup where I was able to heal myself for over 100 throughout the course of the match by duplicating/echoing reno and healbots, but generally speaking fatigue mage is a better option.

You've been only playing about a month and already you hit 200 wins on Warlock?
200 wins goes by really quickly if you're only playing one class and playing a deck with fast matches.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Ice block is fine, losing mad scientist will do nicely for hurting the reliability in fetching it. Alexstrasza is likely to see a nerf which will force them to spend more burn on the face and less as removal.

You got lucky with only 3 healbots and 2 Renos though, it could have been much much worse if the duplicates and echoes all went off.