Hearthstone

Neph_sl

shitlord
Tilting so hard with this game... I don't know if it's because I've been playing in the morning and there aren't any scrubs on, but I can't catch a break. Went 4-3 in my last arena and only got dust, no gold. I even spent $2 for that stupid entry, thinking I'd make it back if I played pally. Then I tried to get a few wins for my daily in and ended up losing 3 in a row to aggro decks...

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tilting so hard with this game... I don't know if it's because I've been playing in the morning and there aren't any scrubs on, but I can't catch a break. Went 4-3 in my last arena and only got dust, no gold. I even spent $2 for that stupid entry, thinking I'd make it back if I played pally. Then I tried to get a few wins for my daily in and ended up losing 3 in a row to aggro decks...
You can join me in timeout. I'm still butthurt after getting annihilated in arenas twice in a row.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I think the worst loss was to a shaman. Two flame tongue totems side by side with +hp. Two damage from each isn't so bad, I thought. Then bam, wolf rider (3/1 with charge) so it gets +4 and becomes a 7/1. Then he drops a windspeaker on it for windfury and I get hit for 14. Hellfire to clear most of it, but the two flame tongues are still up (they were 0/5, now 0/2). He drops a bluegill warrior between them (2/1 with charge, so 6/1), and another windfury and I'm hit with 12, which was gg

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think the worst loss was to a shaman. Two flame tongue totems side by side with +hp. Two damage from each isn't so bad, I thought. Then bam, wolf rider (3/1 with charge) so it gets +4 and becomes a 7/1. Then he drops a windspeaker on it for windfury and I get hit for 14. Hellfire to clear most of it, but the two flame tongues are still up (they were 0/5, now 0/2). He drops a bluegill warrior between them (2/1 with charge, so 6/1), and another windfury and I'm hit with 12, which was gg
One of the most important things I learned from watching trump is to never leave the board with minions if you have the ability to clear them. I've noticed the vast majority of my losses were underestimating my opponent's ability to buff their minions and completely turn the game around.

Caliane

Watching streams just leaving feeling like I was just rng screwed in my first couple arena. watch guys draft and play, and feel like they are making the same exact choices I would have made. and go 9/1 over and over.

Playing "play" though. Definitely, got a better grasp of curves. big cards really suck in this game, 9/10 times. If you don't control the game by turn 4, you are probably going to lose.
Pretty sure I won't take more then 4-6 cards above 5mana in the vast majority of decks, anymore.
Lost far too many, with shitty draws with a full hand of 5-6mana cards you can't play. and by the time you CAN, you are dropping a lord of the arena into play with your opponent with 4 minions on the field which will instantly kill it. even assuming they dont have a swipe/assassinate, etc.

A few legendarys are game changing as well.
only did a couple arenas, before breaking off and doing play/practice to get all decks and get them all to 10. what I DID get however was a king krush.
And leveling that hunter, with a King Krush in the deck was utterly comical. Leveling shaman, rogue, lock, druid, pain in the ass with the limited default cards(especially druid. druid default is garbage).. that hunter went 12/0 before I got bored however. And its not hunter being op. (although, summon companion is pretty amazing too.)

Also, had a pretty hilarious game on my mage, same day. Play again. its a spell deck. Mostly just unlocked cards, only have like 1 pack card. water elem. But still, geomancers, ogre magi, lots of taunts. flamestrikes, fireballs, poly, ice lance.
Go vs this preist. some back and forth early, killing each others minions. I have 2 archers, and 1 grizzly on the field iirc. he drops a gurabashi zerker, 2/7. and something else. not really special. but I manage to miscount. thinking mage hero, 1+3+1+1=7. (i was adding the mage hero twice.) So I turn that 2/7 into a 14/1. haha. and as a priest, he can heal it. So he beats on me with this thing. im top decking, pulling taunts left and right. mirror image, bears, senjin. I kill it eventually. dont remember exactly how. probably a poly. I have 6 hp. he has 25. he plays shadowform. and starts hitting me direct 2/turn. but I have some taunts up, and an geomancer/magi. pull a fireball. 4 hp. pull a flamestrike. kill his minons/taunt. hit him with geo/magi/bear iirc -9. 16 hp. 2 hp. pull a fireball.
And that is how a mage deck works. I can only wonder if that guy thought it was as hilarious as I did, or if he was raging.

Also, really bad rng can happen. Leveling shaman, my custom deck has like 20 cards below 4 or lower. 6 above 5.
its 4/4/10/6/4/2
lost 3 games in a row. first pulls were rockbiter, flametogue. (great!), frostwolf commander..., bloodlust.. ok, well 4 and 5 are too much for first draw. send those back.
bloodlust again, lord of the arena.. oh come on. draw.... bloodlust. draw... hex.
there are only 6 cards in this deck 5 and up, and you gave me 4 of them? And on draw, no minions that I can put up.
and rockbiter is good for 1 turn, and I sure as hell am not playing flametogue by itself. awesome, I am playing hex vs a 3/2.

It did this to me three games in a row. no murlocs, no raid leaders, no, razerfen hunters, no wargen.
Its a deck entirely built on 2-3mana cost minions, and it gave me none.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
One of the most important things I learned from watching trump is to never leave the board with minions if you have the ability to clear them. I've noticed the vast majority of my losses were underestimating my opponent's ability to buff their minions and completely turn the game around.
Yeah, that is good general advice.

One of my arenas was a pretty poor draft (which I probably made worse with my picks), the other was a decent draft I made worse with my picks. Then in game, I drew blah hands, made a critical misclick or two (I nuked myself once misclicking) and generally played poorly.

All in all, RAGE QUIT for now. Need to get my head in the right place before I screw myself further.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Worst warrior draft in history. 0 waraxe/arcanite/amani/worgen/weaponsmith/cleave/heroic/mortal/gore. Saw 5 executes and 4 slams, why is that even possible =\

Also no cult masters/chillwind/boulderfist/dark iron either. I'm playing with shit like booty bays and pandas -_-

Completely unplayable, game might as well just have given me my shitty dust and pack and made me start over.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
In general this is true, but even Trump admits that quite frequently he plays overly safe. He does lose games because of instead of pressing his advantage, he allows his opponents to draw into answers. It really depends on the cards available to the class you are playing whether you want to beat their face and put them in losing situations (which forces them to make bad trades) or whether you want to take the good trades yourself.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Worst warrior draft in history. 0 waraxe/arcanite/amani/worgen/weaponsmith/cleave/heroic/mortal/gore. Saw 5 executes and 4 slams, why is that even possible =\

Also no cult masters/chillwind/boulderfist/dark iron either. I'm playing with shit like booty bays and pandas -_-

Completely unplayable, game might as well just have given me my shitty dust and pack and made me start over.
My priest is level 24 now, purely from Arenas, and I have never seen a mind control or shadow madness to draft. I did get 4 shadow word pains last night though. This was my opening hand after muligans:

wtf_zps3d2279d1.jpg

Neph_sl

shitlord
So true. I remember losing a game where I was ignoring a silenced lightspawn (so 0/5). The priest then doubles its health and then makes its attack equal to it's health, so it became a 10/10 and I just kept kicking myself for not killing it when I had the chance.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Just drafted priest again. Ragnaros? No problem! Mind Control or Shadow Madness? Fuck you!

Edit: Two Faceless Manipulators though! Bahahaha!

wellplayed_zpsdc9a6191.jpg

Caliane

yeah. I think priest early game is a little too good.
lightspawn 4 mana. pw:shield 1 mana. divine spirit 2

Why is divine spirit only 2 mana? even if lightspawn didnt exist. that card is pretty crazy.

but turn 4 5/5. with coin, 7/7. turn 5 suddenly it can all have 3 possibly.

Clerics with 1/3. lightwells with0/5. thats alot of hp to burn through. on turns 1-4,before that lightspawn comes out.
there is no situation you can trade for that, that does not come out favorable for the priest.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lol, I just drafted 4 northshire clerics and 2 mind controls. This might be amazing, or awful. Probably awful.

Neph_sl

shitlord
So yea. Taking a break from playing to watch other people play. Here's Day9's Blizzcon decks. Pretty crazy that he's spent $300 on this game, but whatever. If I made my living playing games, I probably would too. Dem legendaries.

Yutnopash_sl

shitlord
Fuck I still haven't been able to get into this beta. How have the servers and what not been handling the series of waves they sent out lately?

I wouldn't have thought it did either since it says sets someone's health at 15, nothing about damaging or healing. How did that work? He was below 8 health and it counted as a heal so it killed him?
The card description says that it should set his hp to 15 but somehow it counted as a heal

So true. I remember losing a game where I was ignoring a silenced lightspawn (so 0/5). The priest then doubles its health and then makes its attack equal to it's health, so it became a 10/10 and I just kept kicking myself for not killing it when I had the chance.
Eh? When the Lightspawn was silenced it loses its ability to set its attack equal to its hp

On the other hand~
there are some hilarious counters to Jaraxxus tho, like that Paladin secret which reduces a minions hp to 1 when it comes into play or the warlocks Sacrifical Pact which instantly kills Jaraxxus

Fuck yeah, Finally went 9-0 in draft. Was playing priest. Didn't have any swp or clerics but had 3 Shadow madness, 3 Mind control and one holy nova. Shadow madness is fucking amazing and holy nova saved my ass in the last game for sure. Warlock was rushing me crazy and had played two blood imps.