Hearthstone

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
So people playing handlock are trying to counter the hunter counter (I.e. Priest) then. Priest pretty much auto loses to hand lock.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure what GvG will, ultimately, do with the meta but it can't hurt right now. This is the most toxic meta that has existed in a long time. Well over half of my matches are against the exact same Hunter deck. With the exception of Control Warrior, every other deck is using Undertaker.

With GvG right around the corner, I'm not sure that nerfing UT is the way to go but it is one card that I, absolutely, believe should have been nerfed before things got to this state.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know what they felt they were going to accomplish with the nerfs they rolled out while leaving undertaker untouched, or if they honestly feel that anything in GvG will actually be stronger than Undertaker or be an effective counter to it. Mechwarper does allow for some degenerate plays, but I don't think it really matches the synergy of the deathrattles that hunter has access too.

Not to mention the fact that they added another neutral 1 drop deathrattle, so now everyone can run 4 1 drop deathrattles to go with Undertaker without having to resort to using Zombie Chow. There are also more playable mid-range deathrattles like Yeti, Shredder, and Sky Golem. So after the luster of the new GvG stuff wears off, I think we're in for the Age of Undertaker.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Exactly.

I was baffled by the nerfs honestly. With GvG coming out so soon, the cards they did hit didn't really seem to justify nerfing just yet. But Undertaker just seems way too strong and, potentially, is only going to get stronger for the reasons you mentioned.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Oddly enough though, I haven't seen a Zoo deck in a couple of days. Probably because Hunter hard counters Zoo but it's one really annoying deck off the ladder currently.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Exactly.

I was baffled by the nerfs honestly. With GvG coming out so soon, the cards they did hit didn't really seem to justify nerfing just yet. But Undertaker just seems way too strong and, potentially, is only going to get stronger for the reasons you mentioned.
Really it comes down to inexperienced devs I feel more then anything, can see it with past "nerfs" along with the current.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think the GvG cards will make arena play way more fun. The cards are great for that format.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Goblin Sapper (3 mana 2/4, has +4 atk when opponent has 6+ cards) is such a terrible card for arena... No idea why I ever drafted it, and I hope I never make that mistake again.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Goblin Sapper (3 mana 2/4, has +4 atk when opponent has 6+ cards) is such a terrible card for arena... No idea why I ever drafted it, and I hope I never make that mistake again.
With ya there man. I was all like oo neat, what a fun card. Then I got in my game and everyone had 0 cards in their hand all game long :~(.

The unstable portals though. God those cards are fucking awesome for arena. I'd be pretty confident of going 12-0 if I drafted 20+ of them.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The unstable portals though. God those cards are fucking awesome for arena. I'd be pretty confident of going 12-0 if I drafted 20+ of them.
Yep. That card has unbelievable value in arena. It's going to be a must draft for me going forward.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
One thing I don't like is all these new cards make it really hard to draft Truesilvers.
I did 2 Paladin arena's with 0 before I said fuck it and moved on from Paladin. It's a hard life without Truesilver. Rogue and Priest have done reasonably for me though.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Just had my luckiest game of HS. Hunter vs Pally (me). He has 3 minions on board, one of which is a taunt. I have the 7/7 tank with divine shield and a 3/2. He drops an owl to silence my tank and goes to face, leaving me at 2 hp, while he's at 14 hp. He says 'Well Played' and passes the turn.

I only have 1 card left: Mindcontrol Tech. On the draw, I get a Truesilver. Since he played the owl, he's at 4 minions, so I YOLO the MC Tech and get the taunt. I throw on the Truesilver and swing in for exact lethal.

Feels good man.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Niceee.

If you ever have the chance, I highly recommend drafting two Goblin Auto Barbers (3/2 for 2, Battlecry: Give your weapon +1 damage) in your Rogue if you can. It is so choice.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
These goblin and gnome cards are going to shit all over the meta for constructed with all the random chance involved in them... Which is totally fine by me, cause constructed is awful. They make arena super fun, though. I haven't cared about arena or doing more than farming dailies in forever, but now I find myself actually playing arena with my gold.