Hearthstone

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Guess Im glad I stayed logged in playing with my shiny new Malorne/Dark Wispers. I haven't had this much fun with a game since I discovered online poker ten years ago.

rrr_img_84623.jpg

rrr_img_84624.jpg

The Master

Bronze Squire
I did get a Gazlowe before I got disconnected and played one game with it. It is REALLY good in Mech Shaman. Shaman have too many 3s though, so overall the deck is going to take some work.

Still can't get back in.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
At some point I'm definitely going to toy with a Shaman agro deck. I think there is real potential, they just have so much burst.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Confirmation bias dude. It's certainly not the case. If you read people's responses on Reddit, the average is right about normal. Some people have gotten a few more than the average 1/22, some a bit worse, with extremes on both ends, but at the end of the day, they all add up to average.
Well it's certainly not confirmation bias since I didn't have any framework to confirm, but I'll allow it could be an extraordinary amount of luck.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
After I got the Malorne/Dark Wispers in my hand I went 14-6 with three of the losses to rogues. Rank 20 to 15 in about 4 hours. Good times for a filthy casual. Traded a yeti for Harrison and a faerie dragon for an acidic swamp ooze to slow down the sharpsword combo. Looking forward to seeing if that pans out tomorrow.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
Just played Freegold on the ladder and he was still running Malygos Miracle with Antique Healbot and that oil thing. I was playing Mech Zoo and barely pulled it out. So maybe that shit isn't quite dead yet.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Jesus Christ the burst on Sharpsword Oil is insane. I was 6-0 with this Warrior in Arena and every game I've pretty much charged people's faces down with my 5 weapons and couple of charge minions and all my Shieldmaidens and Siege Engines and such. I've been able to ignore most minions and do lethal by turn 6 ish. But this Rogue just leathal'd me by turn 7 and he was at 30 life vs my 6-0 deck atm. It's basically 6 charge damage for 4 mana... wow. Card is real.

Soot Spewer is a really dumb class rare. Aren't class minions supposed to be more powerful than neutral? Soot Spewer is (3) 3/3 +1 Spell Damage and is a Mage Rare. Ogre Magi is a basic neutral and is a (4) 4/4 +1 Spell Damage and Geomancer is 2. So what the hell is Soot Spewer doing as a class minions and as a rare? Why isn't it a 3/4 or something? Silly random design team, so inconsistent.

Lol I just got a Mage draft with Blingtron 3000 + 2 Acidic Swamp Oozes, a Loatheb and a couple giants. Should be fun. Was also forced to pick 2 Kezan Mystics. Either going to smash faces or get smashed. Edit 2: lol and a Malygos. Just used a Reversing Switch on him to swing for 12, good times.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
They seem to value spell damage pretty highly as a stat, but even so yea it absolutely fits the mold of a 3/4 class card but isn't. It should be a neutral or be 3/4 for sure I feel like.

I agree with Reynad on Fel Reaver... how many games as aggro do you even see the bottom 15 cards of your deck? Never? If you haven't won by turn 7 or 8 you lose anyway almost guaranteed. Losing cards off your deck hardly matters there. And others are correct, Fel Reaver does NOT trigger fatigue damage when it activates, it only "removes cards".

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Bought a Box, Got Ghazrilla and a Sneeds, Crafted Marlorne and the rest of the druid cards. Will probably open another 2 boxes tonight I'm too impatient to draft and I'd rather work on making decks now instead of grinding cards.

I pulled a Golden Explosive Sheep and a Snowchugger I think the game is wanting me to play mage.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Mech type would be the only difference. However, Chillwind Yeti vs Ogre Magi, +1 spell damage seems to be only worth 1 health? And since there's a 3 mana 3/4 neutral mech, soot spewer should probably be a common neutral.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watching Amaz open 421 packs makes me pretty depressed about what it's going to take for me to screw around with different decks on my own :p

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've been having a shit time lately, went from rank 8 to 13, but damn, just had a fun game for once... playing shaman with Sneed's and 2x Reincarnate. Sneeds stuck a turn against priest and I reincarnated 2x for a Foe Reaper + Deathwing and of course Sneed's comes back.

Weeeeeeeee rank 13 so good
biggrin.png

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Mech type would be the only difference. However, Chillwind Yeti vs Ogre Magi, +1 spell damage seems to be only worth 1 health? And since there's a 3 mana 3/4 neutral mech, soot spewer should probably be a common neutral.
It might be something about 3 mana's place on the curve. Remember when Dalaran mage was good enough to play? This card does get +1 stat compared to that cards current incarnation.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You could be right about the mana curve. Is there some write up about why the 3 spot is important in the curve? I think knowing more about the curve, not just what is a good curve, is the next step in improving my play.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It might be something about 3 mana's place on the curve. Remember when Dalaran mage was good enough to play? This card does get +1 stat compared to that cards current incarnation.
No? Dalaran Mage was never good, ever. And again, that is a Neutral Basic. While Soot Spewer is a Class Rare. Class minions are more powerful than neutral and especially rare. There's no reason or excuse or logic behind Soot Spewer being a (3) 3/3. None at all, not even it being Mech. Altho I bet that was Blizzard's mindset, because they are so oblivious and inconsistent. It's terribly retarded.

I hate my life.

This guy was playing so many bad cards and made so many shitty choices. But that one insane Mind Games on turn 4 + a Circle of Healing luck = gg.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This guy was playing so many bad cards and made so many shitty choices. But that one insane Mind Games on turn 4 + a Circle of Healing luck = gg.
Outskilled.

Anyway Adebisi asked me to post the latest Hunter goofiness I'm playing so here it is. I think this is basically the hunter deck Reynad was playing last night, -2 Fel Reavers, +1 Mech Yeti +1 Piloted Shredder

rrr_img_84697.jpg