Hearthstone

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I can't remember who said it exactly but that was part of the reason that Deathrattle Priest never ran Thoughtsteal. I'll see if I can find the article.

And I don't, necessarily, disagree but for every Ysera you've pulled with it, how many blade flurrys or shield slams have you taken? So why not just cut out the middle man and just plug in Ysera? It's not alwAys the right call but I'm in favor of minimizing RNG a bit. Like I said, I'm torn. It can be a great card or it can be worse than useless.
Very rarely do you get a card you can't play, and even when you do, there's another card to go along with it. And it's not the Ysera's that make Thoughtsteal a bomb, it's the Flamestrikes, Fireballs, Shield Blocks, Executes, Brawls, Traps, and a million other class cards that make it amazing. Thoughtsteal allows for some really amazing stuff, and it lets you see what your opponent is playing. When I thoughtstole x2 Flamestrikes earlier, I had the knowledge needed to play around it. Thoughtsteal is just amazing all around and I can't find any argument for not playing it except in very rare, niche circumstances. I ran it in my Deathrattle Priest as well and it still did a lot of work for me. I think you have the wrong idea on this one. You won't find any pro players saying Thoughtsteal isn't amazing. You get 2 cards that don't put you closer to fatigue, you get invaluable information about your opponent's deck, and you often get very powerful class cards you don't normally have access to.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't remember who said it exactly but that was part of the reason that Deathrattle Priest never ran Thoughtsteal. I'll see if I can find the article.

And I don't, necessarily, disagree but for every Ysera you've pulled with it, how many blade flurrys or shield slams have you taken? So why not just cut out the middle man and just plug in Ysera? It's not alwAys the right call but I'm in favor of minimizing RNG a bit. Like I said, I'm torn. It can be a great card or it can be worse than useless.
Deathrattle priest is just trying to beat down their opponent, card advantage isn't important. Thoughtsteal will almost always give you a 2 to 1 card advantage, almost always because sometimes you do pull a deadly poison, but the number of times you pull a dead card isn't as often as you're making it out to be, at least not in my experience and I recently played a lot of priest w/ thoughtsteals. In the control match up having 32 cards is a huge advantage.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Forgot about my android pack, opened it and got Alexstrasza. I always knew Androids were better than Ipads.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Another pro about Thoughtsteal is that it generally smooths out matchups by matching your opponent's deck style. Minion heavy zoo type decks will get you more bodies to throw down to match theirs and at the tempo their deck is aimed at. Against control decks you'll more likely get removal or late game power cards to match their removal and late game power cards. Even if all you steal is neutral minions and discounting the 2 card draw for 1 card, it's a fallacy to view it as you having been better off just to include something else yourself. When you pull from their deck, you more often than not get cards that work well against that deck.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Back when they decided to nerf charge mechanics to prevent warrior OTK combos with Molten Giant, I said it was a massive mistake not to address the core problem AKA the Molten Giant. Today I stand validated with that statement seeing how absolutely broken it is for a Mage to have 7 Molten Giants on the board (after killing 3 of them) behind 2 Ice Blocks.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I had a guy add me today and spend a minute telling me how much I suck for wasting his time because I'm bad at math and took 3 seconds to attack with my minions to put him at 1 before fireballing him. lol.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had a guy add me today and spend a minute telling me how much I suck for wasting his time because I'm bad at math and took 3 seconds to attack with my minions to put him at 1 before fireballing him. lol.
And I stand by it!

(seriously, wasn't me - but it does get on my nerves when "obvious turns" play out really slowly.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Funny thing is that neg wasn't me
smile.png

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
I almost put landwhale at the end of my neg to you, but decided to give you the benefit of the doubt. I regret that now.

If anyone wants to buy packs, now is the time. Using Amazon's in-game 'Coins', I was just able to purchase 147 packs for $80. That's $0.54/pack, compared to $1.25/pack if you buy Blizzard's largest package in-game.

Unsure if it's a promo glitch or what, but here's the process. Note that you MUST use the Amazon app store version of the game. If you don't have a tablet that can run it, you can downloadDuOSand download/purchase packs from there.

1.Purchase10,000 Amazon Coins (Using either 5 or 10k options on the Amazon site). This will cost $80.

2. Each time you then buy bulk packs in game (15 or 40 packs), you get a refund of 50% of the coins spent. For instance - 40 packs costs 5000 coins, but after you purchase you instantly receive 2500 coins back into your account. You receive 1000 coins back on a 15 pack purchase (normal cost is 2000 coins).

3. To get max value, purchase 2-40 packs, 4-15 packs, and a 7 pack. This yields you 147 packs and leaves you with 0 coins.

Math for those interested:
Credit to r/hearthstone for the initial find on this. It also seems to be NA only, but I can't confirm.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Lol it's funny how many butthurt people there are on the forums nowadays.

TheBeagle and Moogalak need to develop a sense of humor.
Lol, people bitching about negs tickles my sense of humor. If you are really sweating your tucobucks I think there's a thread where you can go powerlevel a bunch of them.