Hearthstone

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I had such a fun game last night, I was playing a mage against a shaman. I am at 1 life, he's at 30...I have an Ice Block on, no minions, he has a few things on the board...I have a few good removals though.

I clear the board, draw a molten giant cost 0 to cast. He has no answer for it. Next round, I'm even luckier...draw another molten giant..zero to cast, cast echo of medihv get a copy of the 2 giants in my hand. Cast both for zero mana.

He attacks me, I Ice Block...4 giants on him to win in the next round. It was the most ridiculous win I ever had.
smile.png

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't say Gruul is the worst but he's still in the "unplayable" category. Too expensive to do nothing to affect the board state the turn he is dropped. He's a prime BGH target or he'll eat other hard removal. If you're behind, he doesn't do anything to help you get ahead. If you're ahead, a War Golem would be just as effective. I'd basically put Gruul in with the Hogger's, Illidan's and Onyxia's of the world. Look neat but are just impractical.

I, honestly, can't pick a worst Legendary. Millhouse is still up there. So are a lot of GvG ones. Cho is only used in gimmick decks. Pagle, post nerf, is worthless.

Tol_sl

shitlord
The worst legendary I think I've pulled is nozdormu. I can't think of any deck I would ever want to use him in. Speaking of Illidan though, is he getting any use in demon decks now that GVG hit? I forgot I had one kicking around as a "wait and see" kind of thing.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Illidan would actually be playable if the Flames he spawned were also demons, or if he was "nerfed" to a 6/6. I was playing him in Demonlock, just to have another high value minion to Voidcaller, and he got shit done in a lot of games for me. He is second tier, nowhere near the bottom. Pagle is probably the most useless legendary, everything else has either a niche use or is at least reasonably powerful if it doesn't get hard removed.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wouldn't say Gruul is the worst but he's still in the "unplayable" category. Too expensive to do nothing to affect the board state the turn he is dropped. He's a prime BGH target or he'll eat other hard removal. If you're behind, he doesn't do anything to help you get ahead. If you're ahead, a War Golem would be just as effective. I'd basically put Gruul in with the Hogger's, Illidan's and Onyxia's of the world. Look neat but are just impractical.

I, honestly, can't pick a worst Legendary. Millhouse is still up there. So are a lot of GvG ones. Cho is only used in gimmick decks. Pagle, post nerf, is worthless.
Hogger actually saw quite a bit of play in the month or so leading up to the GvG release. No way I'll craft him unless I'm swimming in excess dust, but I'd absolutely be experimenting with him right now if I had him.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I have a fond memory of Millhouse. Guy drops him asap and I thoughtsteal him for free.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Millhouse would be a very good card if you could guarantee he was in your opening hand. Playing him any time after turn 2/3 just invites disaster.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Right, need some newbie 'What's next?' advice? I just completed grinding the basic stuff (all cards, all wins on Expert). So, do I buy Naxx or do I just keep grinding dailies on the ladder?
I have 550g .. burn it on Classic packs or use it for something else?
Tucobucks given for good advice
wink.png

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The one thing making Millhouse, somewhat, decent is piloted shredder. He's one of the best results from it. He's also not bad against the old zoo which only ran a couple of soulfires. But play him against any other matchup and you're playing Russian roulette.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Right, need some newbie 'What's next?' advice? I just completed grinding the basic stuff (all cards, all wins on Expert). So, do I buy Naxx or do I just keep grinding dailies on the ladder?
wink.png
I would buy Naxx first and finish that (minus the heroic, that's pointless) and then I would use all your gold on arena's and see if you can get good at it. There are some draft guides out there, and streamers like Trump still do a fair amount of arenas. It's a great way to learn the cards

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
wink.png
If you're ever going to spend real money on the game, Naxx is the best bang for your buck. There are just so many staple cards in Naxx that it is essential.

The Master

Bronze Squire
wink.png
Naxx is probably the best thing you can buy. Don't punish yourself trying to beat it on Heroic unless you like a challenge, the only reward is a card back. My advice is always to do arena when you're starting out. If you make it to 3 wins it is identical in value to buying a pack, plus you got to play the game and learn things.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yep, buy Naxx. Beat than and complete the class challenges. Then focus gold on Arena.

Taho

N00b
Just venting a little arena frustration here (new player). First time I played mage a few days ago, I didn't get a flamestrike or blizzard. Today I play mage again and no polymorph. Is it common to never be offered the choice to draft these key class cards? Instead today I get secrets (went 3-3). My 2nd loss today, the guy plays a Kezan Mystic and steals my secret. Who the hell uses Kezan Mystics and how did I end up matched with them?!? Then I'm 3-2 and get matched up with a druid who has Ragnaros. Keep in mind I have no poly... fun times.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
Biggest bullshit Arena story I've had today was me being at two health, have lethal next turn; Mage topdecks Unstable Portal, gets a Leper Gnome and pings it for lethal. It's a good thing I have plenty of beer in the fridge; I think I'll go drink the pain away.