Hell on Wheels

Arative

Vyemm Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
7tXBtP5jExj9gRztWmcfFbOCx25.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Hell on Wheels[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Western[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2011-11-06[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Hell on Wheels tells the epic story of post-Civil War America, focusing on Cullen Bohannon, a Confederate soldier who sets out to exact revenge on the Union soldiers who killed his wife. His journey takes him west to Hell on Wheels, a dangerous, raucous, lawless melting pot of a town that travels with and services the construction of the first transcontinental railroad, an engineering feat unprecedented for its time.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

John Wirth Set As Showrunner Of ?Hell On Wheels?, Series To Proceed With 3rd Season

Got a 3rd season pick up. New Showrunner though. Will be interesting to see where they take it considering the season finale.

Last edited by a moderator:

spronk

FPS noob
just marathoned through season 1 & 2, damn this is a great show. The Swede is one motherfucking crazy ass scary villain. Definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it, while maybe not as great as Deadwood it has some very cool characters.

and damn:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_Oatman

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, Swede is one of the better bad guys on a show Ive seen in a while. Really good show!

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Starts again Saturday at 8. Looking forward to seeing what the show runners can do.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I liked the first two seasons but not the finale so much. I was looking forward to seeing Bohanan and Lily running the railroad together.

I hope this season doesn't suck.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I didn't like the finale that much either but over all I've really liked the series.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I fucking love this show. Cannot wait to see how the Swede starts disrupting things now that he is a full on crazy person now.

Quick Edit: How can they start this back up on a Saturday night? That seems like a guaranteed way to get less viewers than they did when it was on Sunday nights. I hope that it is just because they couldn't have a 2 hour season premier with Breaking Bad starting on Sunday.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I fucking love this show. Cannot wait to see how the Swede starts disrupting things now that he is a full on crazy person now.

Quick Edit: How can they start this back up on a Saturday night? That seems like a guaranteed way to get less viewers than they did when it was on Sunday nights. I hope that it is just because they couldn't have a 2 hour season premier with Breaking Bad starting on Sunday.
From what I read they were trying to make an entire theme day, so they are going to show western's all day leading up to Hell on Wheel's. It may or may not work

Szlia

On a side note, I spent the first few episode wondering in what other movie/show the actor playing Bohannan was until I realized he just reminded me of Dominic 'McNulty' West... am I crazy or?

spronk

FPS noob
wow, I thought this show was on hiatus for a long time, glad to hear its back. Ehh, he acts more like McNulty than looks like him. I read the reason Lily isn't coming back is that she wanted off the show, which kinda sucks but was definitely an interesting way to go.

I can't see this show lasting more than another season though, its gotta be expensive to make and i can't imagine its all that popular.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Pretty good season opener. I was sorry to see the police chief didn't last long, he was an interesting character. I'm guessing that the Mormons aren't thrilled with their portrayal.

I can't remember what happened to the Indian guy that was dating the church lady. Did he die? Maybe I should have watched the marathon last weekend.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Joseph went back to his people I think. Not a bad opening, I like the way things are being setup.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Just started cuZ I couldn't sleep but am really impressed with the first ten episodes. They handle some deep issues pretty well and the overall arc is great. Not sure how I missed this show. I'm sure it'll get bad like all shows that string it out but definitely a recommendable show so far.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
So just based on native American history we can assume that turned out awesome.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Never saw the show, just saw a commercial for it, but someone help me out. It's a western right? Where do the wheels come from? I thought the phrase hell on wheels usually referred to motorcycle gangs. Shouldn't it be hell on the hoof?

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Never saw the show, just saw a commercial for it, but someone help me out. It's a western right? Where do the wheels come from? I thought the phrase hell on wheels usually referred to motorcycle gangs. Shouldn't it be hell on the hoof?
The show is centered around building the first transcontinental railroad and the name of the town that moves with the workers across the country is Hell on Wheels.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Pretty good start to this season thus far. I've only watched the episodes On Demand so not sure if they are actually on Episode 2 or 3. I've watched 3 but the first two were bundled together for a 2 hour slot. I don't like the fact they have it on Saturday nights now rather than Sundays.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
To add to what Arative said. It's a western but more in the vein of deadwood/frontier show than a typical spaghetti western.