Hell on Wheels

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I wasn't too big on the main storyline but it was okay. Elam's storyline on the other hand, was pointless and retarded. They might as well have just had him act out the "Guy on a Buffalo" storyline.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Coming back on August 4th. It may be campy, but god damn I love this show.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I liked the swede all the way up until he became the Mormon leader. Each version of him has been creepy/weird. The Mormon leader just was too much though. Hope he dies early this season. For real this time.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Last season was pretty wacky and the black dude's storyline was just ridiculous. That said, I deeply love westerns and they are few and far between so you better believe I'm in for next season.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Trying to plow through this in time for the 4th season to start here in a few weeks. Really liked the first season, and I'm in the middle of season 2 and its decent so far, but how many times are they going to do the whole "Bohannon has to flee the railroad into the wilderness" but then he somehow quickly ends back up working for them again. They've already pulled that card a couple times, I hope they don't rely on it too much, because it's a tad ridiculous.

I think my expectations were a tad too high going into this, a fried told me it was as good as Deadwood, and it's not, but it's still pretty entertaining in it's own right. Love the Swede, he's a nut.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
It's nowhere near as good as Deadwood, and a couple of plot lines go full retard at various points, but it's still a decent show with some very interesting characters. In fact I would say that the plot is generally its weak point but the characters keep it worth watching for me at least.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Trivia-The character Eva is based on the real life Olive Oatman. Here's some pictures I took last month in Oatman, AZ, a town named after her. The place is overrun with wild burro.

rrr_img_72515.jpg

rrr_img_72516.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Started watching tonight, the dialogue is awful.

Does it get better?

spronk

FPS noob
Marathoned through season 3 & the first 3 episodes of new season 4. Lots of head shaking, "uh... ok..." moments, like when a posse of 8 Mormon farmers manage to basically take over a town that apparently has maids and barkeeps but nobody with a gun. Or Bohannan constantly deciding he really needs to get his ass kicked.

Definitely a show that has more downs than ups, its still kinda fun to watch and lets face it there aren't any other westerns out there. But yeah, you can't honestly say its a good show, its just ... not very bad. If you didn't like a random episode its not going to get that much better.

Did Common take off to get back to his rap career or something? His character was retarded, but it was still fun to see the crazy ass negro fighting whitey and the system. I sorta get the feeling he is healing up with the injuns, but that is a storyline I really do not want to see.

The biggest surprise frankly is that its still on the air, I really can't imagine a whole lotta people are watching it, especially on saturday nights and in the summertime.

mopoke

Bronze Knight of the Realm
just marathoned through season 1 & 2, damn this is a great show. The Swede is one motherfucking crazy ass scary villain. Definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it, while maybe not as great as Deadwood it has some very cool characters.

and damn:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_Oatman
Thanks for that link, I think they've used her story in a lot of old westerns.

Only just started watching series 1 so I can't read most of this thread for a while yet, but am I seeing things. This sure looks like someone who's made a few movies, episode 1. Looks more like him when it's playing, I only just out found I can take a snapshot.

rrr_img_75526.jpg
rrr_img_75527.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
i'm surprised anyone else still watches the show i like it but its definitely got its ups and downs. a lot of downs...

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
What a fucking bummer of an episode this week. That said, it was really beautifully done and I'm not sure that I've ever seen the thing with the hanging from the perspective of the person being hanged before.

Also, AMC is fucking gay as usual for doing the thing with the final season being spread out over 2 years.

spronk

FPS noob
Season 5 started on saturday, pretty damn good so far. They are using the Chinese labor as a central story line and its fascinating, don't think I've ever seen the topic really given the full attention in any TV show. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

spronk

FPS noob
first episode of new season was just turrrible, but second episode wasn't too bad and the gang are all finally back together now so hopefully we see some railroad action and showdowns and shit