Helldivers II

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was a big fan of the first one and the new iterations is now 3rd person shooter. It looks pretty damn good.

Release date: Feb, 8 2024.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Personally, I'm not thrilled about moving to 3rd person shooter.

Was that Robbaz, King of Sweden that I heard in the video?!

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I was a big fan of the first one and the new iterations is now 3rd person shooter. It looks pretty damn good.

I really love it when game studios have scripted teams playing games.

Makes me laugh in my own mind when I imagine those same people playing after release when / if PvP is enabled with proxy chat as the people killing them hit them with the internet..

"Oh hey, great shot Susan!" --- "Thanks Tom! I appreciate it!"

"Hey Jon, we have some guys coming to kill us over that hill behind you." -- " Cool Susan, did you say Behind you or dd you mea.." --- "JEWS DID 9/11!" "American Inventors American Inventors American Inventors American Inventors"

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

I loved playing the first one with buddies, but I'm not sure how well this game/genre lends itself to 3rd person. Cautiously optimistic.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Given the lack of fps (3rd whatever) that I think's any good right now outside Tarkov, has me at least interested. Is it bad I almost want to have my surgery go bad and leave me crippled drawing a lot of insurance/LTD/SS funds and retiring so I can finally catch up on my backlog?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm super stoked, but I'm still a bit nervous about the 3rd person perspective. I thought the first one and this style of game was much better as isometric. We'll see though. Me and my buddies are fully torqued for this.

Hekotat

I'm super stoked, but I'm still a bit nervous about the 3rd person perspective. I thought the first one and this style of game was much better as isometric. We'll see though. Me and my buddies are fully torqued for this.

I think it's going to make it much more dangerous and immersive, I very much look forward to it.

Sludig

there is a thread, I created it.
Search was being dumb. "Helldivers 2" and I got jack and shit. Other than mr fancy with his i i shit, helldivers should be pretty unique to pull it up. >.<

Sludig

Preloaded violating my no day 1 games rule.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Is this a looters shooter? Online co-op type shit?

It's more like drop in to missions with random objectives to complete, finish the objects and look for rare drops that unlock certain things. Missions reward you with a currency you use to unlock different weapons, support drops, etc.

It's typically a fun chaos type of game that requires you and your team to work together and coordinate in order to succeed. Including staggering loadouts and it looks like shooting certain high powered weapons required multiple people. If you played the first one I'm sure the gameplay will be very similar with a 3rd person view.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Game is pure fucking gold so far.

Early on you are like, this is easy…it is not.

Last edited: