Helldivers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
The game is riddled with DLC which apparently makes the game a whole lot easier. I`m going to wait on it.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
DLC does not make the game a whole lot easier. There are a few things that are nice. Regardless, I would never consider the game easy.

With or without DLC I would consider the game fairly unforgiving.

This was one of the PS+ games this month. I've put about 4 hours in so far and I'm loving it. It can be frustrating when you get a group with even one bad player, but it feels great when you get a good team together and stomp through some tough missions. Anyone out there still playing, or new to it now that it's free?

I probably ended up putting 50+ hours into the game. It was free for me on PS+, but I ended up spending some money on the DLC to support the developers. I would look up some 4-player gameplay videos on higher difficulties to get a feel for how the game works, and decide based on that if you want to grab it. I can say that if you have 3 friends to play with that it is easily my favorite co-op experience of the last few years. If you don't have friends to join in that's probably fine, the community was pretty nice and helpful when I was a new player. The community isn't huge anymore (on PS4 at least), but I still don't have a hard time finding a game.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Saw this thread so decided to check this game out as it was free on ps+

3 hours later, this is pretty damn fun. Community is helpful rather than critical. Game play seems solid at this early stage.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The game is pretty addicting and fun, but the single screen for everyone when your zoom isn't very far got old fast, just not a fan of local co-op.

I believe the only two DLCs you really need is the Weapons Pack (for the Scorcher) and the Ranger Pack (for the UAV).

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Setup Voice Attack after buying this on Steam a while back. Tons of fun. Can call down items / air strikes with voice commands as a result.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
A couple of us have recently started playing this together if you're looking for someone to hang with.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've been playing. Debating g getting the dlc pack. Fear it would make the game boring quick if i don't have anything I'm working towards.

The minigun/rocket mech any way to reload it?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I picked it up as well, going to be doing some co-op soon. I'll hit you up Sludig when we do.

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
The minigun/rocket mech any way to reload it?
There is no way to reload either the rockets or the gun, so be sure to save the rockets for worthy targets.

It's difficult to know whether or not to recommend most of the DLC packs, because everyone will find their own preferred loadouts. I would recommend the Ranger pack and the All Terrain pack to everyone. The UAV from the Ranger pack is great, and in most of my time playing there was always at least one team member keeping it up at all times. The boots from the All Terrain pack came with the game for me on PS4, but I would highly recommend it. Snow levels are much less of a pain if you use the boots (though if your teammates don't have them then you'll all end up as slow as your slowest person anyway).

I personally loved the Rec-6 from the Demolitionist pack. It's a satchel charge that you can throw and trigger at will, and will destroy or do very heavy damage to just about everything if you hit the appropriate weak points. It is fantastic against Bugs and Cyborgs, but doesn't help much on Illuminate planets due to their shields.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
2 campaigns and i still hasn't fought bugs. Been defeated or not started when playing. I like fighting protoss basically. Though parent some maps are losing kinda washed out so hard to spot the insta kill beams. Hate the force wall kills mech sucks.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This is the stuff your drunken game nights should be made of. 8$ atm, very cool.

Edit: My GOD why wasn't the SC2 campaign done like this? It is what I was hoping for and expected in it!

Last edited:

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
New update, and free weekend.

HELLDIVERS™ :: Helldivers:A New Hell Liberty Day Update

Helldivers:A New Hell Liberty Day Update
25 OCTOBER - FOREVERAPEON
Dust off those celebratory capes, Divers! To commemorate Liberty Day 2018, Super Earth Command is giving you what you want: more Freedom. More Democracy. MORE LIBERTY.

Are you ready to dive into A New Hell?

New Difficulties
Just when you thought you had mastered the art of Helldiving, we’ve gone and added more planet difficulties. Now you have An Exercise in Futility (lvl13), where you learn The Definition of Insanity (lvl14), preparing you for the Inner Circle of Hell (lvl15). Veterans, dust off those capes, you’ve got work to do!

Tougher Enemies
The alien scumbags have been preparing to strike for months now. Gathering Super Earth intelligence, they’ve adjusted their tactics to become a more formidable enemy. It’ll take the full power of Super Earth’s arsenal to stop them.

• Shadow: Believed to be an evolution of the STALKER, these HUNTERS have greater regenerative capabilities but the same weak armor as their predecessor. It also retains the same camouflage ability, but has evolved a way of releasing the spores capable of luring other BUGs to its position.

• Obsidian Observer: The OBSIDIAN OBSERVER is believed to be a weaponized version of the WATCHER. With nanotechnology weaponized and added to their scout units they have crossed a delicate line and showing that they have no problems using their detestable weaponry on a larger scale.

• Legionnaire: The LEGIONNAIRE is an up-armored 'SQUADLEADER' SOLDIER taking a page from the HULK book and protecting itself with a heavy shield. While nothing that can't be handled by anti tank weapons, the LEGIONNAIRE is an increased threat to LIBERTY and DEMOCRACY.
New Stratagem

Super Earth Command has issued new equipment for all Helldivers, once they have the appropriate clearance.

• MGX-42 Machinegun: The MGX-42 is a magazineless, one-use, disposable machinegun designed to be discarded after having fired its ammunition. The 300 rounds of caseless ammunition are stacked in the multiple barrels and fired electronically making the weapon almost void of mechanical parts and cheap to manufacture.
Liberty Day Competitions
Do you want to get your hands on some Helldivers goodies or have the chance at winning a real life Helldivers cape? Read the Liberty Day blog post (http://arrowheadgamestudios.com/2018/10/helldivers-its-that-time-again-liberty-day-2018/) for full details on what you need to do and how to enter.

Steam Free Weekend & Sales
And finally, if the above wasn’t good enough, Helldivers Free Weekend is underway! Grab your friends and family and enlist them to the Helldivers today!
The Free Weekend is from Thursday, Oct. 25th at 10am PST to Sunday, Oct. 28th at 10am

If you find yourself wanting to continue spreading Managed Democracy long after the Free Weekend, why not pick up Helldivers and some DLC in the sale? It’s 50% off base game and digital deluxe & 60% off DLC packs and bundles.
The sale starts Thursday, Oct. 25th at 10am PST and Ends Monday, Oct. 29th at 10am.

Good luck Soldiers, and welcome to A New Hell!