Helldivers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Catch us up in a few days DMK and let us know. It looks interesting and something that could be a fun time waster for $20.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I went ahead and bought it, just finished up playing for a couple hours. It isn't bad at all for $20 (or $17 for PS+). Did mostly multiplayer in a lobby I found. The friendly fire aspect and just about everything being able to kill you is either hilarious or infuriating. Watching people throw out ammo reloads and other call downs only to instagib your teammate was usually funny as hell. One time a guy res'd both of us and when our pods dropped it killed the other two remaining. Same happened when we called for the extract, shuttle swooped in and we were all boxed in with bugs at the landing zone. kersplat.

Some of the unlocks are cool. The mech suit shown on that video works well. Another guy had an APC with side guns and a turret that we piled in and went from objective to objective. One thing I'd recommend (I guess, after limited knowledge and play) is the level 3 upgrade of the UAV drone. It lets you see all the samples on the map, the last mission I got 18 samples so almost 2 research points plus the research point for completing the objectives. Seems like you should be able to unlock a ton of stuff quickly like that.

Will futz around some more tomorrow and over the weekend to see if it gets deep or how the mission variety and monster variety goes. The social aspect with gaining reputation may be neat but it seems so early in the life of the game to really tell how that's going to work. We did lose control of a capital city. The mission to defend it was giving 2x XP but not many people seemed to be trying to win the goal because the rep gain was only at like 30% when it timed out.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Played a fair bit of this game now. It's really fucken cool. Cross platform ps4 PS3 and ps vita. Buy it once and u have it on all three platforms. Anyone even remotely interested should buy this game is an absolute blast.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
i'm level 14 now I think, it really isn't bad. Didn't play yesterday. They need to fine tune the social stuff a bit. Don't think the weapon, strategm, etc... system is as deep as it seems. I mean it is really fun and worth the purchase price, it just isn't much more than that.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Played only for 2 hours so far and yeah it's addictive like Diablo (damnit). So far the early levels are easy, however the game mechanics are quite unforgiving. The Starship Troopers vibe is a nice touch (death from above, fuck yeah!) and the meaty sound effects are very satisfying. I can see myself put a lot of hours into this coop (or solo for challenge). Easily worth the 17 cash.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm really shocked more rerolled people aren't playing this. It's a fcken great game.
Played this game at a friend's house Saturday night after the basketball game. Most fun I've had playing a video game in quite a while. Think we played till almost 4 am.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
This game is awesome, if you are into cooperative hardcore twinstick action. Its really really good. It launched today on Steam.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Can this be played with a mouse on PC?
Yes. The controls are fairly complicated with KB/M but my buddy says its the same way with a controller. There is definitely a few QoL changes this game could use but overall the gameplay is fun.

Faris

Golden Squire
Picked this up for PS4 and went to level 15. Starting to get the vibe with the loadouts now. At the beginning I thought the whole equipment loadout stuff wasn't really that deep, but actually you can manage quite a few interesting builds, that play different too. Bests fun for little cash I had for a while.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wish this was on the steam sale, adding to wishlist to keep an eye on it. Loved Magicka co-op.