Help me out with the name of this movie

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys have seen everything so I'm hoping someone can rember this late 90's possibly early '00's movie.

Next door husband and wife seem normal but it turns out they are serial killers with some kind of stainless steel torture room

I think the movie had the people living in an apartment and possibly their neighbor or daughter got into their seemingly normal looking place while they were out and discovered they had a crazy stainless steel looking murder room. Said person may have then become trapped in the apartment, I?m not sure. I believe the crazy husband was a tall guy dark hair might have worn glasses.

It wasn't a true horror movie like a Children under the Stairs or Freddy Krueger thing. I remember it being more suspense and may not have had any gore at all.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yep. Great cult movie. The guy with glasses, I forget his name but he went on to do some other stuff, including an Alcatraz movie.

rrr_img_130840.jpg

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I owned the directors cut of Abyss on Laserdisc in about 1992 so I don't think that was it. This one probably came out '99 or '02 or somthing like that. And I think I've seen every movie Ed Harris and Michael Biehn were ever in, bit part stuff too like when Ed was in "Coma" in 1978.

spronk

FPS noob
when they were trapped in the apartment, did they get a visit by something weird that had a face made of water

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had hopes for those guys but it didn't pan out. I think this was a pretty weird movie too and you guys have seen some weird shit.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I think there's a part in it where the husband, oh wait, it was ex-husband, still wears his wedding ring. The ring was quite solid out of titanium.

And when the door to that murder room starts to close automatically, he grabs for it and is saved by the solid ring which prevents the door from crushing his hand and they're able to get out.

- - - - -

Edit: Now I think about it, I've actually seen disturbia. It's set in a nice suburban street, Shia Lebouf is the main character, there's a cute girl living next door. David Morse is the sinister neighbor, living across the road. There's a bunch of stuff where there's video footage being shot and watched back.

At one point David Morse sees that he's being filmed by Shia. So they both know what the other is doing . . . so a few good moments like that I don't think David Morse had a wife though.

So does that sound like a yes or no for the film you're asking about.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Was the room a square? It may have been Cube, that movie had a square room in it