Help Wanted Pricing software as a service

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I had my first sale pitch, made the mistake of not lying to the customer. They asked If i could integrate my website with the bank account of the company. I told them that it was going to be expensive. I should have just said "No problem" and then stick them with the bill.
Overall it went well.

I went down to $100 a month. I did had to change some Azure options to bring down the hosting costs.
Are you using the software I linked?

If so I am going to need a cut.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
There are a lot of players in the document management space. Many of the large customer bases are because of mandatory retention periods - like law firms who are required to store all documents for x years, companies whos industry (or the company themselves) are the subject of court orders requiring retention such as big tobacco.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So I'm developing a SAS that is basically a document manager/searcher/indexer, where my users can login and see the documents of the company.

I'm developing it on an Azure platform, and taking advantage of the PDF indexing, Blob storage, SQL, etc.

I have computed the basic storage amounts to be around $150-$200, and this includes virtually all the usage they need.

So how much should I price this on a monthly basis? Is anyone familiar with this type of software and its prices? Should I charge per user instead?

I am expecting several companies to sign up to this, so each site will be the same with very little modifications, so code wise there is nothing too different to do once deployed.

Or as a businessman, how can you price this, do you price it at $500.00 flat profit a month on top of the storage fees? is 1k month way too much for a document storage websites?
Quatro frijoles negros per ano

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user