Heroes of Might and Magic VII

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Might Magic Heroes VII

Its back! So I tried the beta which was run horribly and provided very limited windows to play. The game was a piece of shit to be honest and the worst thing was the performance, just a 1v1 match right out the gate it could take minutes per opponent turn. It was unbearable; the little I did see of the game play had a few shining aspects on city building etc.

Might and Magic was about the only computer game I played as a kid (didn't have one until I saved up and bought one when I was 17 and went straight into Everquest basically so all other games were pointless!). I never played the heroe games though; here 6 months ago someone told me to play HOM&M 6 and it was pretty rad. I don't like games with campaigns personally I really enjoy charcter building etc and knowing that everything gets reset kind of ruins the games but it still managed to be fun as hell especially leveling up your weapons etc across campaigns.

Not sure what to expect with this one and I had already ordered to try the beta but if these fuckers released it with the performance problems that crippled it at beta that is the last cent this franchise will ever see from me.

Unrelated...heavily fucking bliss is all I can say. I moved from Indiana to Denver and my old download speed was like 200-500 kb during most days (not what it was rated but it was what I got on steam games etc, sometimes sub 150. Just downloaded my first game with my nice new interernet here (cetri-link, you get a 2.4 and 5 channel and the 5 is great, I've never downloaded games at 12+ MB/S, its so awesome not to wait 8+ hours to download a game!

turbo

Molten Core Raider
oh fuck me, just read the reviews and holy shit is there some bad ones.....

Maybe I will be busting out X-Com

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
oh fuck me, just read the reviews and holy shit is there some bad ones.....

Maybe I will be busting out X-Com
The biggest problem I'm seeing from negative and positive reviews is how buggy the game is more then anything, beyond that I hear its decent (better then 6)

Most likely I'll pick it up in 6 months or so

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Performance is night and day from Beta for local games. (Single-player)

X64 client has yet to have a single game interfering bug for me (only bug I've seen period is "Level Up" text after combat prints the Level Up in a bad spot to read it - but it still shows after combat above the character so it's just an annoyance).

I don't do Heroes for the MP though.

If you don't like Heroes VII, I'd wager the series doesn't click with you anymore - it's actually one I can stand playing through the campaign again on - which I can't say for any since IV (and that even felt like a chore at points).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Let me guess, random map mode is only available in the expansion once again.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Does it still have the same Ubisoft faggot DRM Heroes V and VI did? If so, it can fuck right off.

HOMM3 may be the greatest turn based game ever made.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Is there any weapons to level up etc like the HoMM6? I started one campaign and started to get into it a tiny bit but couldn't find anywhere in the game menu's or main screen that had that shit. Wasn't sure if you get one later in the game and it unlocks or if they just didn't implement anything that carried across campaigns (which incase I wont be touching the god damn game because I have to have some sort of tiny thing that lets me work towards uberness !)

Vaclav

Is there any weapons to level up etc like the HoMM6? I started one campaign and started to get into it a tiny bit but couldn't find anywhere in the game menu's or main screen that had that shit. Wasn't sure if you get one later in the game and it unlocks or if they just didn't implement anything that carried across campaigns (which incase I wont be touching the god damn game because I have to have some sort of tiny thing that lets me work towards uberness !)
None that I've seen so far - about 6 missions deep in the campaign. [Some items do carry across, but no leveling artifacts yet]

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is this worth it if you're looking for HOMM 3 gameplay?

Why isn't HOMM 3 on Android and iOS again?

Del

Vyemm Raider
So is Heroes 7 worth playing if you didn't really enjoy Heroes 6 much? I have a friend who swears its good, but I don't really trust him because he loves rehashed sequels.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So is Heroes 7 worth playing if you didn't really enjoy Heroes 6 much? I have a friend who swears its good, but I don't really trust him because he loves rehashed sequels.
Well I was enjoying the beta from what little I played, found it far better then 6 (dropped 6 in like 5 hours or so)

But I'm waiting just because of all the bugs/crashes and such I've been hearing it suffers from

Vaclav

Well I was enjoying the beta from what little I played, found it far better then 6 (dropped 6 in like 5 hours or so)

But I'm waiting just because of all the bugs/crashes and such I've been hearing it suffers from
Yea, running a.... non-legit copy and sticking to that until the campaign saving progress bug is fixed.

badlok

N00b
I played the Beta ans it's defintly better then the 4-5 and 6 but nothing will surpass the 3.

Not sure if i'll buy it yet with all the good games all there

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
6 was extremely meh. They ruined the skill system and tiers of creatures and I personally didn't like the simplification of the resource system. Graphics were good, wasn't fond of the changes to creatures getting might resist, might attack, magic resist and magic attack either. Also the 3d town screens in 5 were the fucking best and I miss them terribly.

5 was the pinnacle in my opinion, I just didn't like the art/sound of 3 after how much I loved 2 as a kid. 5 had great variety (especially with both expansions) and the pinnacle of the skill system for the genre, without deviating from the formula of 1-3. 6 was them trying to innovate and it all just fell on its face. After 6 I didn't want to touch this at all, especially after how bad the reports out of the Beta were. Shame what they did to this franchise, oh well.

Oh yeah, 6 didn't even have a fucking town window when it launched, nothing at all, much less the fantastic 3D ones from 5. Fucking Ubisoft.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So i have left this one on the shelf; anyone playing it? If so have they put in anything that carried over from one campaign to another? I just can't get into a game that there is zero feeling of progression, at least the last one you had the dynasty weapons so it felt like you were doing something between campaigns.

I'll fire it up one day but holding out until there is something like that in place.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So i have left this one on the shelf; anyone playing it? If so have they put in anything that carried over from one campaign to another? I just can't get into a game that there is zero feeling of progression, at least the last one you had the dynasty weapons so it felt like you were doing something between campaigns.

I'll fire it up one day but holding out until there is something like that in place.
I've been meaning to check on the status of the game, waiting for all the bugs fixes and shit before I pick it up