Heroes of the Storm

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's not like they would've let Icefrog actually do anything on their version of dota cause "it's too hard", so thank god
The irony is that I stopped playing this game because it was "too hard" - or perhaps I mean more convoluted.

I think the base hero gameplay is easier than LoL, but having the stop what you were doing to get the timing right on entering some dumb minigame every few minutes just got in the way of whay should be an easy to play difficult to master setup.

I guess that was Blizzards way of removing the descision to go for dragon/baron and organise that fun for you?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I don't know how long ago you played, but they give you 30s warning now before objectives, I think it used to be 10-15.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So yeah, retrying this after friends got me to play DOTA2.

To each their own obviously, but ... characters, interface, game play, everything in HOTS is just so much better than DOTA. Last hit is such a tedious mechanic. Items are just way too many and too complicated. In DOTA seems like you cant even queue for a bot match? Well you can queue but it never happens. Is Valve over-inflating the numbers?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So yeah, retrying this after friends got me to play DOTA2.

To each their own obviously, but ... characters, interface, game play, everything in HOTS is just so much better than DOTA. Last hit is such a tedious mechanic. Items are just way too many and too complicated. In DOTA seems like you cant even queue for a bot match? Well you can queue but it never happens. Is Valve over-inflating the numbers?
MOBA, like RTS, was destroyed by the autists, tryhards, and toxic communities. And esports.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
MOBA, like RTS, was destroyed by the autists, tryhards, and toxic communities. And esports.

Ya sadly. I've played every moba basically and HoTS is honestly the best but on top of being really poorly run it also came out a bit too late into the scene and they fucked up its early days too hard.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
LOL. As a thank you, they're reducing the *incredibly rare* Arcane Lizard's value to near zero.

Fuck you, players who already had it when it was incredibly rare!

Why would they give a fuck about customers who supported them in the past? Not like those people won't buy every other Blizzard game. Oh wait.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Why would they give a fuck about customers who supported them in the past? Not like those people won't buy every other Blizzard game. Oh wait.

The amount of people who got Diablo Immortal and hate on Pantheon confirms so much for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m not a MOBA fan personally, but this game always sucked. I can at least say that of my core of gaming buddies in IRL, all were blizzard fanboys including me up until about BFA. Only one of us have bought pr played a Blizz product since - one guy got D2R. Almost can’t fault him for that one.

• 1Worf

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
The amount of people who got Diablo Immortal and hate on Pantheon confirms so much for me.
At least diablo immortal is an actual game though. Diablo might be super predatory but at least they delivered an actual game that can be played.

• 1Smuggly

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good postmortem vid. Only moba I really enjoyed. 😵

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
At least diablo immortal is an actual game though. Diablo might be super predatory but at least they delivered an actual game that can be played.
"At least my Diablo Immortal punches me in the face. It might be super-predatory, but at least I feel alive when he beats me."

What a victim mentality. Fuck Blizzard, and fuck you for enabling their predatory criminality and rapacious greed.

• 1Worf

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
"At least my Diablo Immortal punches me in the face. It might be super-predatory, but at least I feel alive when he beats me."

What a victim mentality. Fuck Blizzard, and fuck you for enabling their predatory criminality and rapacious greed.
I'm not enabling anything you complete fucking retard. He is comparing a vaporware product that literally is stealing peoples money to an actual product that while predatory at the very fucking least gives you something other than hopium smoke blown up your ass. Fucking a you're an idiot.

• 1Worf

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
My issue with this game was what I thought was it’s greatest aspect. It rewarded team focused gameplay better than LOL. I was excited because I thought the better team wins. What I learned was it’s the team with the worst player loses as hard carrying was not as snowballed like in LOL. Lowest common denominator by blizzard loses again.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
My issue with this game was what I thought was it’s greatest aspect. It rewarded team focused gameplay better than LOL. I was excited because I thought the better team wins. What I learned was it’s the team with the worst player loses as hard carrying was not as snowballed like in LOL. Lowest common denominator by blizzard loses again.
Not at all always true but it's definitely harder to carry than lol.