Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I never touch the PvP side of this game, but the campaign and PvE content is top tier for a CCG. Can't wait until the next campaign patch releases.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah I started playing this a couple months ago, but don't have a lot of time into it(busy with WoW). Only done the PvE so far to grind cards/gold but I really enjoy it.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Set 5: Herofall announced!

New gem rotation announced!

Oh, my super sweet Evo deck sitting at 4-0 and about to play my 5th game. First rares were Houndmaster and Beguiling Temptress, first win pack got me Stinghot. The 3 Embertongues and 2 Combat Trainings are just gravy. Also notice the two Stern Infiltrators which can shift flying and swiftstrike. Temptress turning out to be a damn pro.

BU5TPsF.jpg

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
For those of you on the fence about the PvP. There is a mode called Evolving Sealed that costs 5 bucks (500 plat) for 1 set 3 and 1 set 4 pack plus some commons. You create a 40 card deck and then battle single opponents until you either win 5 or lose 3. After your first win you get another set 4 pack added to your pool. You get a 2nd set 4 pack added to your pool after your 3rd win. If you win 5 you get a set 4 pack. Since packs are 2 bucks (200 plat) each, all you have to do to make some value is to win 1 game so that you have effectively purchased 3 packs at a 1 dollar (100 plat) discount.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I do still try to log in once a week to do the "free" pro tier kickstarter draft but I wound up missing out on the "Pro player tournament" that they finally held a few weeks ago, and that was one of the main rewards in the kickstarter :(

I keep asking myself whether I should bother trying to keep up with this game or just try and sell it and get some value out of all of my cards and the kickstarter tier. If there was an easy or legit way of selling this thing and not risk getting screwed by the buyer I would have probably done it already.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Attog, go to F13.net, create an account, and email the mod, Schild, that you are from Rerolled/FoH and would like access to the private Hex forums. In the general Hex forums there is a thread for selling off Hex accounts. @LiquidDeath did it there and was pleased with the results. @Onoes was attempting to do the same; however, I'm not sure he ever unloaded it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ladder climb officially worth it. If only the Scorch sleeves at every level didn't have god awful art.

wFGsesx.jpg

speed898

Lord Nagafen Raider
I still play very regulary. I actually won the Pro Player tourney (well took 2nd but split the prize with 1st) that just happened a few weeks back. Super excited about set 5 and the gem rotations. I'm currently high 30s on the constructed ladder using the 5shard Lixil which is also the same deck I wont the Pro tourney with. Grinding to insure I get a spot in the end of ladder season cash tourney.

I was heavy into limited prior to set 4 but I like the constructed scene much more than the limited scene right now. I remember hearing from someone who had a chance to preview set 5 that set 5 limited was the best one yet so looking forward to it.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Welcome Speed! We're you a poster at rerolled? Awesome to see someone as skilled as you posting here. I am almost to cosmic with Hoogland's Blood/Sapphire control list. I am really excited about a new set to draft.

speed898

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks Ariakas. I've been a loooooong time lurker of Foh/Rerolled/Rererolled going way back to the EQ days. Hoog is awesome, it's crazy how much his decks have shaped the current meta. My ign is Duplicity, feel free to shoot me a friend invite next time you're on. I'm usually hanging out in any of the regular hex streamer twich channels as well.

Myst

Peasant
I had pledge for a Grand King account and played for quite some time. Collected a lot more cards through tourneys etc. I have a kid on the way and I really don't see myself playing this game anymore. Is there a reliable way of unloading my account without much risk?

speed898

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can try unloading through Epicnpc but theres always going to be an element of risk. Selling accounts is against the TOS so you'd have to be a bit discrete about it. If you just want to sell cards and items off your account you can even post it on the hextcg forums. I'd recommend looking for a middle man service to handle the transaction if you want additional peace of mind. Also make sure the buyer pays you via paypal and lists the transaction as a gift (so he can't try to get his money back down the road by claiming the good or service wasn't delivered as agreed).

rieter

Molten Core Raider
For some reason my account for this was deleted. I was going to come back to it and give it a go since its been a while but I guess they didnt want me around.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Set 5 is out today! Go get in those drafts!

Ruby/diamond ardent seems like a good thing.

speed898

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ruby/Diamond ardent has definitely been strong for me so far. Went to the finals in my first 2 drafts drafting ruby/diamond both times. Set 5 is shaping up to be the best limited experience since set 1 IMO.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it possible to get cards to play pvp competitively without spending hundreds of dollars? Did the pve stuff when that came out, but didnt really play much because at the time the good cards seemed like they were getting to mtg levels of prices for some of them

speed898

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know lots of people who never put more than 10-20 bucks into the game and built out full playsets but it has to be through trading/auction house. You're not going to be able to build a full playset through just playing PVE.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Put 20 bucks in. Go look up a super cheap ruby (red) aggro deck for the Frost Ring Arena. Buy the cards and equupment. Clear it for around 6k gold and some items. Sell all the items you win in the AH. Price them to sell; buy packs from the AH. Also go to the trade channel and sell your gold for plat. Use those packs and plat to start playing Evo sealed gauntlets or competitive drafts. It's not going to be a simple grind but it is very doable.

So any opinions on the new Set?

As someone who switched to playing EVO sealed primarily i gotta admit the format has become boring quite fast. R/D and W/D just seem to have so much stronger cards and the synergy of the valor uncommons is so much stronger in comparison to the other shards. After three wins its often a question of who has the better aggro deck or who is going first and doesnt get shard screwed. Valor feels much more consitent than dreadlings.
Sapphire is usually a total bust in EVO where its not even worth looking at your pool. I only got 5 wins with a sapphire/blood once out of maybe 15 evos, where i played a aggro deck with flyers and the unblockable blue vennen coupled with Gorn as a champion.
General opionion seems to be that draft is much better but ive only played one so far since its always a huge time commitment.