Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was afraid that when they pushed Alpha...and then pushed it again, that some things were not right. The way this released, I honestly think a 1st quarter 2015 is not out of the question for full release. They have yet to even begin any form of PvE testing and to me that seems just as potentially complicating as PvP. There is "No" way Beta starts before the end of the year and I doubt even 1st quarter 2014.

Nothing has been posted on their updates because honestly I think there is nothing to really say. Everyone knows the game is super buggy and they have no clue when the next wave of alpha invites will go out, so what is there to say really.

" The boat has a lot of holes and we are patching as fast as we can" . Repeat statement every day for next 2 months.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
By looking at the assets, apparently this was originally a game called 'Reckoning' being developed by Gas Powered Games. It is Alpha so plenty of room to improve on. I still wonder if they have promised way more than they can deliver.

Dahlrek_sl

shitlord
By looking at the assets, apparently this was originally a game called 'Reckoning' being developed by Gas Powered Games. It is Alpha so plenty of room to improve on. I still wonder if they have promised way more than they can deliver.
Where in the assets do you see this - specifically the original developers? If it's actually true that they picked this up from another dev house, with the way things have gone so far, I will need to lower my expectations significantly.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Doesn't mean it's another's company game though, they've been developping card games for a while so they're probably using a scrapped early project as the foundation for their new games, saves them some times on the code and what not, seems fine. That said it does look like they're progressing fairly slowly.

Dahlrek_sl

shitlord
It's already trivial to "hack" the data files, but it doesn't actually work because the server owns the game state - your client just gets out of sync. At least with the basic changes I tried (changing numbers on cards, casting things you shouldn't be able to cast, etc). It's possible that some specific mechanic might be owned by the client, or there might be some state leak, but that stuff should be easy to fix when caught and reported.

Yeah, the slow progress is mostly what worries me. The priority bug should be a showstopper, even for alpha, and yet they pushed it and haven't pushed a fix yet.

Myst

Peasant
I originally bought two Grand kings, one for my wife and one for myself. Now that she got beta access to hearthstone, she lost all interest in Hex.

I can't see myself keeping two Grand kings. What would be my best bet for selling one of them? Wait for the game to release and hope its a success, or offload it now?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone in alpha that wants to play a few rounds? Game is semi-stable atm and I've build a dual color deck that I am liking a little bit. Want to give it a try vs a real player.

Volt

Molten Core Raider
Looks like the next round of Alpha invites are going out. I pledged a Collector's tier and just got my invite.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pro tier here but no invite. Am I missing out on much? Free time pretty occupied as it is trying to play both CH and HS.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
My invite showed up. Tried to play 3 games and got 3 hard crashes. Looks like I need to wait for a few patch cycles before I try again.

One game actually played through for a few turns before it crashed, what I saw was not inspiring. I know it is only an alpha and it will all change a lot before even beta but damn, I spent $250 on this thing?