Hijack

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Hijack

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2023-06-27

Creator: George Kay

Cast: Idris Elba, Max Beesley, Archie Panjabi, Mohamed Elsandel, Holly Aird, Justin Salinger, Aimee Kelly, Gretchen Egolf, Jaimi Barbakoff, Antonia Salib, Paul Hickey, Nasser Memarzia, Alexis Zegerman, Jack Parry Jones, Zora Bishop, Jeremy Ang Jones, Fatima Adoum

Overview: When Flight KA29 is hijacked during its seven-hour journey from Dubai to London, Sam Nelson—an accomplished corporate negotiator—tries using his professional skills to save everyone on board. Will this high-risk strategy be his undoing?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watching it now, it's ok. Will probably stick the next one on after depending how it ends. Might even put Air Force One on afterwards seeing as how I only saw that movie when it first came out. But I'm still halfway through watching The Rock for the second time ever

Edit: hoping this isn't going to be full of bad decisions

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

thought the 1st episode was pretty good, but doesn't seem like something that needs 6 more hours. is it worth continuing?

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The 1st two were kind of mediocre. Nothing specifically wrong, I guess, just not especially captivating or interesting. Will watch as I remember it exists but just started going through Warrior based on the other thread.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Watching the first episode and this seems like the product of more shitty writers. It's a lot of ridiculous conveniences. Like why would he text his wife all that gibberish instead of saying the plane has been hijacked? Why wouldn't the pilots mention the guns to ATC? Why wouldn't they divert immediately to an emergency landing? His wife and son and random white guy are sitting around being fucktards about his text instead of immediately contacting the police. Oh, he's super secret squirrel so just fuck it, there's no sense of urgency I guess?

It also annoys me how ridiculously unattractive his wife is. This is the best they could cast? Idris Elba is not only with this hag, but she won't even stay faithful to him and some other guy is all over that?

Anyway, it reminds me of every show recently that tries to do mystery. It only works because people refuse to actually use their words. They do it for suspense but all it does it show how crap they are as writers.

Fuck off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
so true. speaking of refusing to use their words, once they were confident that the hijackers were using blanks and they needed some way, any way, to spread the word across the plane so that they could team up and bumrush the hijackers, why not just.... I dunno.... yell it out?

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It also annoys me how ridiculously unattractive his wife is. This is the best they could cast? Idris Elba is not only with this hag, but she won't even stay faithful to him and some other guy is all over that?

Lol,

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
so true. speaking of refusing to use their words, once they were confident that the hijackers were using blanks and they needed some way, any way, to spread the word across the plane so that they could team up and bumrush the hijackers, why not just.... I dunno.... yell it out?

All that and: Obviously I'm no master criminal or terrorist, but I'm tired of the plot convenience of not shooting someone in the face when they're making trouble. Whatever it was, Episode 1 or 2 when Idris Elba is all "Hey bro, we're the same, I can help you." This guy is obviously going to be trouble, take him out, get on with your plan. Don't sit there and bargain with the guy.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I thought 3rd episode was better. There was some "stupid" at the start but by the end I couldn't remember what it was.

Special Brit-centric lols for the bald police guy being "Neil's dad"

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Perhaps not the most thrilling thriller, but I am keeping up with the show week by week. It has my curiosity piqued. I want to understand the story behind the underlying 'reluctant hijacker' theme. I have more sympathy for most of the hijackers than I thought I would, except old dude and angry girl.

Idris is still the selling point for me, remaining passengers are meh. Both the mother and the 'hip old red glasses' lady annoy me by just being on screen.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I dunno, just watched episode four, and I laughed several times at how fucking retarded this is.

Like when the stewardess sees the jets fly off and is all "open the blinds!" What? They literally just shot some chick in the head, told everyone if they didn't stay in their seats they'd do it again, and this is after you got caught trying to signal to it. But sure, this is your moment.

Or the black chick who gets a phone call from the plane, calls her boyfriend the cop, and instead of telling him what you heard, you decide it'd be more fun to get into a semantics argument with him.

Or the absolutely fucking ridiculous sequences with the jets. I don't even want to rehash that dialogue.

I mean, I'll keep watching cause this is a short series and I'm already over halfway through. But this is terribly written, and outside of Idris, kind of poorly acted as well.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There is some absurdness to it, like how only 2 guys were willing to step up and fight back and no one else would help. But overall Ive really enjoyed the show so far.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Was Maggie Gyllenhaal unavailable? That ugly skank has a real knack for being cast into attractive parts.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Oh and is anyone else expecting the male cop to be a rogue agent working for the terrorists? I had my suspicions earlier but letting the mother escape so easily is sloppy

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
decent episode but the usual stupidity littered throughout. The switch in the forest was obvious, and after the message reached half the plane only one other passenger made a move.

Strange twist at end though

TV show information provided by The Movie Database