Hijack

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This show is the worst. I'm half convinced it's supposed to be a comedy.

"That's an airplane toilet" might be the funniest line of 2023. I'd like to meet the crack writer who typed that up and was like, "nailed it."

And yeah, after 7 fucking hours now they're finally all, " oh wow, these hijackers mean business, we should fight back." And then...literally no one does?

I'd love to see how they explain the two prisoners getting off on a road they never had intentions of being on and doing a car swap with body doubles. The saddest part is that, like you said, they telegraphed the shit out of it. Maybe British TV is just decades behind?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. Maybe British TV is just decades behind?

Lol? Well the guy involved also created Lupin for Netflix which got good reviews, although I didn't watch more than a few episodes.

And it isn't like there aren't highly formulaic and procedural US shows. As well as terrible remakes of British hits.

Maybe you just associate a streaming service like Apple with "prestige" television and have higher expectations than the poor decisions in this show. An issue that is due to bad writing

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lol? Well the guy involved also created Lupin for Netflix which got good reviews, although I didn't watch more than a few episodes.

And it isn't like there aren't highly formulaic and procedural US shows. As well as terrible remakes of British hits.

Maybe you just associate a streaming service like Apple with "prestige" television and have higher expectations than the poor decisions in this show. An issue that is due to bad writing
Sorry to offend you. Just seemed like such an old trope that I'm disappointed it would even happen still.

But then, most of the stuff that happens in this show is relying on "suspense by ineptitude" so it's kind of par for the course.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And yeah, after 7 fucking hours now they're finally all, " oh wow, these hijackers mean business, we should fight back." And then...literally no one does?
Thats my fiance and mines only complaint too. No one is willing to fight back or if they do no one jumps in to help. Just really dumb when you think about strength in numbers.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
In a post 9/11 world the idea of a pilot opening the cockpit door for any reason is kind of unfathomable. The show falls apart at that exact moment for me.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
In a post 9/11 world the idea of a pilot opening the cockpit door for any reason is kind of unfathomable. The show falls apart at that exact moment for me.

Yeah that's easy to say until you have to watch people getting executed

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
No I used the word "unfathomable" correctly.

incapable of being fully explored or understood

"yeah, that's easy to say until you have to watch people getting excuted AND they gave the pilot extra motivation to open the door by revealing he was having an affair with the hostess that was going to be executed first"

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Do you not understand the concept of a "post 9/11" world and why that, in and of itself, makes it unfathomable?

Nevermind, look who I'm arguing with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Do you not understand the concept of a "post 9/11" world and why that, in and of itself, makes it unfathomable?

That's a rhetorical question that a) doesn't deserve an answer b) does nothing to change the whole point that IT IS EASY TO SAY FROM A KEYBOARD BUT WHEN A WHOLE PLANE OF PEOPLE STARTS GETTING EXECUTED THEN IT IS NOT INCAPABLE OF BEING UNDERSTOOD

The only thing that's unfathomable here is your inability to comprehend why someone might buckle under the pressure of watching innocent people die.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
watched the finale. Only significant odd decision this week was the guys holding the son opening the door when they knew a Detective had been in contact, then saying "come on we gotta go" and leading the kid out with his wrists bound lol.

All in all this was a perfectly acceptable one off series with sufficient dramatic tension to warrant tuning in every week. Reminded me of 24, both in terms of the tension/cliffhangers and also how it relied on stupid decisions for the story to continue. Much like how every week there was a new mole or someone betraying someone in 24