Hitman 2 release Nov 13th 2018

spronk

FPS noob
musta been bad sales #s so far but hitman 2 will be $30 at gamestop and probably amazon/best buy for Cybermonday, Nov 26th

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So did this turn out to be any good? 29 bucks for ps pro although if it’s the same price on Xbox id probably get it for the X

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes, great game, and if you didn't play the previous Hitman it's absolutely worth getting those missions (Legacy Pack) for Hitman 2 as well. You missed your chance to kill Sean Bean, but elusive target #2 just went up today and there's a holiday event running currently too. Haven't played it yet but it sort of looks like a hitman spoof of Home Alone or something like that. The challenges are to steal stuff before the targets do, repeatedly knock one of them out with a brick, blow them up with a propane tank, etc. All while 47 is dressed up as Santa.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok I’m going to nab it on the X. Native 4k hdr it looks like from digital foundry.

spronk

FPS noob
You can play all of Hitman 2 before you play H1, there are tons of easter eggs from the first game in the second is all you'd be missing. There is a "story" in the game and it builds from level to level but its pretty basic.

What I'd just recommend is doing the H2 prologue mission first, then Miami, then the elusive target, then go through all the H1 levels in order. Just do a simple target kill for each level. You can finish each level in 15-30 mins and then spend another 10+ hours each level doing EVERY challenge, but I'd just wait to do that until you finish a few new levels and the elusive target first. The beauty in the game is the repeatability of each level, there are entire areas and convos and stuff you will not hit doing a quick run through, but for the person who 100%'s each level there is a lot of satisfaction.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I played the Hitman 2 intro mission -> tutorial missions -> Hitman missions -> Hitman 2 missions since I never actually completed Hitman 2016 that I have on PC. I replayed each one to get all the important challenges done before moving on to the next one too. That way I have a silenced sniper rifle, can bring my own lockpicks, emetic poison vial, etc. as needed. The Hitman 2 missions do have their own version of all the tools, but some of it (especially the silenced sniper) is much easier to unlock in the legacy missions.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That prologue mission on the beach is awesome. :) lol. I poisoned the chicks tea, she went to the bathroom to puke and I drowned her in the toilet. Haha.

Graphics are gorgeous holy nuts. The waves and sand / ocean. Felt like I was on vacation.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I LOVED the original Hitman, but they moved the franchise away from it fundamental core which was trying to figure out how to get to your target without being detected, leaving no evidence of foul play and escaping unseen. If you had to draw a gun and shoot anyone of the map you werent maxing out. Hell IIRC you didnt even need to come armed ever. There were multiple 'gimmicks' per map that you could use to exterminate the contract and every map had multiple entries, exits and methods to make an 'accident' happen. When they turned it into a shooter, it lost its unique 'thinking' game charm.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I LOVED the original Hitman, but they moved the franchise away from it fundamental core which was trying to figure out how to get to your target without being detected, leaving no evidence of foul play and escaping unseen. If you had to draw a gun and shoot anyone of the map you werent maxing out. Hell IIRC you didnt even need to come armed ever. There were multiple 'gimmicks' per map that you could use to exterminate the contract and every map had multiple entries, exits and methods to make an 'accident' happen. When they turned it into a shooter, it lost its unique 'thinking' game charm.

They don’t still have that now?

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Absolution is the only game in the series like this.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Requires signing over all your data and rights to Warner Bros.

Hard pass. I only rock with Steam games, steam clients.

Fuck their Hitman expansion pack

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I smelled a cash grab on this one and avoided it. I think maybe 1 friend bought a copy and immediately regretted it upon reading the Warner Bros agreement.

spronk

FPS noob

the new hitman 1 (2016) and hitman 2 (2018) have literally hundreds of ways per map to kill people, many of them have no handholding and are SUPER complex. There are even achievements for doing it with suit only/silent assassin which means you didn't wear any other disguises and no one spotted any dead bodies or noticed you doing any shady shit, that even means not getting caught on camera (you can destroy evidence but it takes extra time to go find it all) plus there is a layer of extra challenge where there is a pro mode that disables saves and adds more guards, PLUS there are leaderboards so even if you think you are a badass there is probably some other dude who can do it faster than you.

All in all it sounds like the new games are exactly what you want, I sunk 300+ hours into hitman1 across both PC and xb1 and have put 50+ hours into Hitman 2 so far, each level has an insane amount of depth.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
the new hitman 1 (2016) and hitman 2 (2018) have literally hundreds of ways per map to kill people, many of them have no handholding and are SUPER complex. There are even achievements for doing it with suit only/silent assassin which means you didn't wear any other disguises and no one spotted any dead bodies or noticed you doing any shady shit, that even means not getting caught on camera (you can destroy evidence but it takes extra time to go find it all) plus there is a layer of extra challenge where there is a pro mode that disables saves and adds more guards, PLUS there are leaderboards so even if you think you are a badass there is probably some other dude who can do it faster than you.

All in all it sounds like the new games are exactly what you want, I sunk 300+ hours into hitman1 across both PC and xb1 and have put 50+ hours into Hitman 2 so far, each level has an insane amount of depth.

I am in now. Thanx

• 1Barf

spronk

FPS noob
They are releasing new stuff for season pass owners this week
HITMAN 2 – Game Update 2.13 - IO Interactive

including a free thing for everyone I guess that is a timed, limited event thing like the christmas santa claus stuff but this time in hokkaido

Splashscreen-1024x576.png

a225d07240ed8bae8de46ae2942c8b51e87e53b3.jpeg

I'm still playing through the main story, just did the 20/20 mastery for Mumbai and 15/15 for suburbia and loved both levels. Still not even close to 100% for either one, but wanna get through Sgail before they drop the elusive target there this week.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
The DLC level is out this week, New York / Bank. Looks pretty damn awesome, gonna hit it hard this weekend hopefully once I am done with Days Gone. The first few months of DLC content has been severely disappointing - just sniper levels which are low effort - but this is finally a real level.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This was entertaining and must have taken quite a long time to produce and edit together.

• 1Like