Hitman 2 release Nov 13th 2018

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob

Sequel to the 2016 surprise hit game, its being developed by IO Interactive which went independent from Square Enix last year (and took the Hitman IP with them) and being published by Warner Bros.

Releasing Nov 13th, 2018. Unlike Hitman 1, which was episodic -- 5 episodes plus two bonus episodes -- Hitman 2 will be complete upon release, and also playable offline. Not sure how stuff like Elusive Targets will work, which were weekly contracts in Hitman 1.

My personal game of the year 2016, I still play weekly to this day on xbox, double dipping from PC, to do elusive targets every other week. Its literally hundreds of hours of emergent behavior fun, each level is insanely complex and tons of moving parts/AI and its really fun doing crazy shit that won't ever be exactly the same as anyone else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

Apparently Hitman 2 will include all the Hitman 1 levels as well, not sure exactly how it works - if you have to own H1 on the same platform for it to fold in, or whether EVERYONE gets it. You can use the new Hitman 2 tools inside the Hitman 1 levels though.

I already have the gold pre ordered, 100% worth it to play day one for me. Playing on X this time around, I 100%'d the game on PC and been replaying on X off and on for months.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Apparently Hitman 2 will include all the Hitman 1 levels as well, not sure exactly how it works - if you have to own H1 on the same platform for it to fold in, or whether EVERYONE gets it. You can use the new Hitman 2 tools inside the Hitman 1 levels though.

I already have the gold pre ordered, 100% worth it to play day one for me. Playing on X this time around, I 100%'d the game on PC and been replaying on X off and on for months.

I'm pretty pumped for this. I got really turned off by the episode module so skipped that 2016 hitman even though I love the IP.

spronk

FPS noob
hahaha holy fuck Sean Bean is elusive target #1 in Hitman 2

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty pumped for this. I got really turned off by the episode module so skipped that 2016 hitman even though I love the IP.
GOTY edition is on sale on steam right now for $17.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
GOTY edition is on sale on steam right now for $17.
The current Humble Monthly is Hitman Complete First Season plus Hollow Knight and 7 Days to Die for $12. You only miss out on some stupid costume DLCs and Patient Zero, which isn't much of a loss either.

Even for people who have no intention of playing Hitman this close to the sequel's release, it still seems like a cheap way to get the Legacy Pack for "free" especially if you don't already own the other two games. I'm still pissed that my owning Hitman on Steam is going to mean I have to pay for the Legacy Pack to go with my PS4 version of Hitman 2. I'm debating renting the complete first season from Gamefly since I won't be playing anything but RDR2 for a while, but even if that works it's still goddamn annoying.

Last edited:

Vorph

Yeah, but the problem for me is "The dlc is NOT cross platform. For example, if you played season 1 on pc but want to play Hitman 2 on Xbox, you will have to buy the legacy dlc on xbox." (from the main thread about it over on reddit)

Not sure if the console versions have a code you register on IO's website or what. If that's the case, just renting it won't work either.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I didn't like Hitman compared to Blood Money. Just 1-2 design decisions didn't go over well for me, but the game looked pretty good and I still bought it.

I'm hoping Hitman 2 addressed the complaints of the last Hitman.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Turned on my xbox and got a notice this was available to play. Played through the prologue and so far if you liked the first one you'll like this one. Hit the wrong damn button at the end though and ended up having to murder some guys around my boat /rip silent assassin.

• 1Like

Vorph

Sounds pretty good. Biggest issue I had with Hitman was it being episodic and that's gone now. Elusive targets still sound like they are time-limited which was dumb too, but I guess that's the only way they justify the always online crap. What boggles my mind is that they make the game require a constant connection but still cram Denuvo into it.

Still not sure why they aren't giving Steam owners of Hitman the maps if they buy Hitman 2 for PS4. My IOI account has Hitman registered and both my Steam and PSN accounts linked so it makes no sense at all.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
installing now on X gonna be playing while drinking cheap beer tonight

if you want it on PC its 30% off on gmg this weekend with coupon code AGENT30, you can only play gold edition (4 day early access) now regular game releases nov 13th
Game unavailable search page

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
installing now on X gonna be playing while drinking cheap beer tonight

if you want it on PC its 30% off on gmg this weekend with coupon code AGENT30, you can only play gold edition (4 day early access) now regular game releases nov 13th
Game unavailable search page

Even though it is non episodic this time the installation is treated like the first one so make sure it downloads all 8 files to the Xbox or you'll run into what I did. Spent most of my time so far redoing the first mission for all the challenges and when I decided to go to the next stage got a "This content is not installed" message. Coins still seem to be the most OP item in the game so far. Have set up some comical take downs and challenges done with them.

edit: Forgot to add load times seem really nice after coming from Forza 4 and Red Dead 2. It's especially nice doing the challenges being able to reload and hit multiple ones up in one run.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah, played through the prologue of hitman 2 and really enjoyed it, not a whole lot new but everything feels crisp, visuals are fantastic, and the variety is crazy as always - for the very simple prologue mission there are 43 total challenges (I got 11 done blind first run), I imagine every other level will be 200+ like hitman 1. The levels look absolutely amazing too, they did a lot more work on voice work and dialogue and I like now how VAs have the appropriate accent and stuff instead of everyone having an American accent. Xbox One version is great, there is performance mode which runs at 60 fps at 1800p I think or visual mode which runs at 4k and does 30 fps, toggled back and forth and didn't notice a huge diff so I'm gonna play in perf mode.

It did install everything plus another 40 gigs of Hitman 1 levels "remastered" although it didn't copy over my progression from Hitman 1 it seems, everything is marked as 0 challenges done which kinda sucks. Not sure if thats a bug or by design. The game is kinda insanely large and bloated weighing in at 81 gigs installed (35 gigs is hitman 1 stuff) but oh well.

Really great so far, as you say its a big difference moving from the open-ness of RDR 2 to the tight, well defined objectives of Hitman 2. Gonna be going back and forth a lot.

Vorph

It's by design, they said nothing would carry over in the legacy pack besides the maps themselves.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Noticed you can get the Hitman 2 prologue mission if you own Hitman 1 and redeem the Legacy Pack. If you are on the fence the prologue gives a pretty good example of what to expect. Still working through Miami now and am loving it. Some of the realizations from play through to play through on how random items you pick up can come in to play are great. My favorite without spoiling anything was a torn magazine cover. First two or three times I was very confused as to what the hell it could be used for than started the map on the other side and had a big oh shit I have to go find that moment.