Hitman 3 from IO Interactive

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't really get over the 90s era stealth gameplay with blind and deaf guards (but somehow they react to thrown objects with the most immersionbreaking voice lines and know precisely where to walk), and the fact you can literally kill someone with a banana and a soft tug on the back as they're on the floor, knocked out by said bana.a

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I can't really get over the 90s era stealth gameplay with blind and deaf guards (but somehow they react to thrown objects with the most immersionbreaking voice lines and know precisely where to walk), and the fact you can literally kill someone with a banana and a soft tug on the back as they're on the floor, knocked out by said bana.a
I was on the 1st level in Dubai and there was one guard near the security office that ignored the fact that I wiped out every guard and staff member around him. I'm like 'WTF'. I made it a point to go and shoot his ass before I left the level.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the techno club level simply doesn't work in their game. Why did they make it? It feels like some user created level with standard assets that just don't fit.

You can't even "blend in" on the dance floor. What a letdown.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
Some of the levels play a little differently first time vs second time, the Berlin (club) level is definitely like that and I agree, a bit weird. Try the DJ or drug dealer disguises though, its pretty hilarious

February roadmap

I guess they are gonna have elusive targets, and it sounds very similar to H2. Kinda disappointing, the "only available for 10 days" stuff was a bit lame

1612459054984.png

spronk

FPS noob
Seven Deadly Sins & Seasons of Sin
– HITMAN 3 is getting a new 7-part premium expansion based around the Seven Deadly Sins
– There’s 7 content packs in total, each one focused on a different sin
– Each content pack includes a new contract and sin-themed unlockable items
– The first sin is Greed and is the first content pack, Act 1: Greed, will be released on 30 March 2021
– All 7 content packs are available at a discounted rate in the Seven Deadly Sins Collection
– HITMAN 3’s live content will be released via Seasons of Sin
– A season can last between 4-6 weeks and each season is focused on a different sin
– The Season of Greed in HITMAN 3 starts on 30 March 2021
– There will be regular – and free – content added to the game for all owners

Sounds interesting. I played the hell out of Hitman 3 at launch but pretty much stopped when I finished the campaign, just got burned out on the formula I guess or too much into JRPGs right now. Still haven't come close to the platinum trophy or even 100%'ing each level.

spronk

FPS noob

their 7 deadly sins xpac is supposed to launch today too. If you previously owned H1 & H2 (even the free ones) you can import all the levels from those games into H3 and delete the older games. Or keep them to double and triple dip trophies

spronk

FPS noob

^ lets you play hitman 1 inside hitman 3 for free if you previously claimed the free H1

7 deadly sins is also apparently just 7 escalations reusing existing levels, for $30 thats pretty fucking shitty

spronk

FPS noob
year 2 expansion announced

hope its real maps, the dlc for H3 was pretty lame just a bunch of escalations. never even bought it, never been on sale

spronk

FPS noob
year 2 of Hitman 3

big points
- new package of all 3 games
- coming to gamepass
- coming to PC VR
- new elusive target gallery
- probably more, didnt read it all

spronk

FPS noob
normally you'd just play h1 & h2 INSIDE hitman 3, which imports all the levels from all games, but this is a new collection so I assume they will streamline it and yeah, you'll just play H1, H2, and then H3.

There is a story progression, you can just play and finish each level in under 30-45 mins each and then go back and 100% each level (takes hours and hours) afterwards. Theres like 20+ levels in total and some of them are absolutely brilliant, esp H2.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
normally you'd just play h1 & h2 INSIDE hitman 3, which imports all the levels from all games, but this is a new collection so I assume they will streamline it and yeah, you'll just play H1, H2, and then H3.

There is a story progression, you can just play and finish each level in under 30-45 mins each and then go back and 100% each level (takes hours and hours) afterwards. Theres like 20+ levels in total and some of them are absolutely brilliant, esp H2.
Yea, I want the full story but have no interest in 100%'ing all the levels, but the idea of hopping into a level when I have a short amount of time sounds really great!

spronk

FPS noob

hitman 3 will include H1 & H2 end of the month. Jan 26th is when they are releasing a big update that adds a home for agent 47 and a map randomizer and new mode that is supposed to be a bit rogue/metroid like.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm a Blood Money purist, enjoyed the new take for what it is, but had concerns about the new direction.

H3 has changed my stance significantly. IO stayed on the ball and deserves support on this one.