HO HO RET-R-HO retro game NOMINATION Holiday edition!

Siliconemelons

We have some holidays and spare time (hopefully) coming up with days off etc. So...fill that void in your soul with turkey and some old fashion RETRO GAMING!

Post some suggested games here, we will vote next week (Monday or Sunday)

While retro is typically seen as "18 years" old or older- out of obligation to our roots in EQ- anything from 1999 and back... keep those filthy millennial games for next year ;)

POST NOMINATIONS

TAG BROS - pharmakos pharmakos

INVITE BROS

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
sweet :)

once we get nominations in, lets have the poll end on Black Friday? that way anyone with time off that weekend can get started

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
oh yeah, nomination --

in honor of the remake that's been a hot topic lately, and in honor of the fact that we're all old farts now and PlayStation 1 games are all now decidedly retro at 20+ years old, i'll nominate
Final Fantasy 7

edit -- actually fuck that, lets do Final Fantasy 5 instead :) y'all that haven't ever played it seriously need to

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Romancing Saga 3

I know nothing about it but it was just remastered for PC and it was an un-ported game from the Super Famicom, so it's from Squaresoft's golden age.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can never go wrong with a playthrough of A Link to the Past.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Definitely read the title of this thread as “Hetero Games”.

I miss Myth and Myth II a lot. But I know my rts skills are in the trash can these days.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Wizardry I, ah good times.
wizardry.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sweet, Lunar2: Eternal Blue complete was released for the ps1 in 1999.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am stuck at the final boss... even if I manage to get to the auto rez...can't get past it...

If you are under 50, shits almost impossible unless you get a pretty much perfect streak of events. If you are at/above 50, kill a few of the weird silver/turquiose rats in the ice dragon lair (NWish on the map?) and they give you 2-3 levels a kill for a while but you have to have the mage girls level 50 skill to do that before they flee. Been years but that's about what I remember

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

Yeah I got to some point where I got the "big" final fire spell.. I have no idea their levels.. I have to find it...time to dust off my old backwards compatible PS3 and see where I was... I mostly got to the end and didnt want to backtrack... and I am at the final spire thing... where I cannot go back- so the leveling options were only to go back and forth to my vehicle so I did not burn limited items with no ability to replenish.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The first Baldur's Gate is 21 years old now, that could be a good one with the sequel in the works

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I think, after seeing our general habits from previous Retro Game seasons, maybe instead of 1 game per month we could pick 2-3 games to last us til the end of January. Especially when we pick RPGs, most of us tend to hurry through them to get it done in a month and then get too burned out to participate the next month. Already been talking to xadion about it a bit, thought I'd throw it out here to see how everyone else feels about the idea.

Something like picking an RPG (i.e. Final Fantasy), an adventure (i.e. Zelda), and a wild card (platformer or something) and saying we'll discuss them over the next 2-3 months so no one feels too pressured.

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

Having 2 - 3 is good.... RPGs for the long run and 2 others for a mix during the duration.

Holiday and New Year Retro Gaming Bonanzaaaahhh