Hokum (2026)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,313
45,152
I really liked this movie. I don't understand the hate for it.
It's good, despite a couple of flaws, but it definitely had some moments that were legitimately creepy to me. I don't necessarily get creeped out by stuff that much anymore, I want something actually gives you the shivers, it's doing some good work.
 

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
35,462
105,438
The part where

maybe you were just tripping balls the entire time ooooooo

I could have done without. Introducing that kind of ambiguity in to a horror movie doesn't often do it any favors. You gotta commit.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
6,112
6,898
The part where

maybe you were just tripping balls the entire time ooooooo

I could have done without. Introducing that kind of ambiguity in to a horror movie doesn't often do it any favors. You gotta commit.
Yeah didn't get the point of that either. "Here's some ambiguity! Wait, here's evidence that's no longer ambiguous 30 seconds later!" ...why?
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Ssraeszha Raider
16,711
16,518
They needed to take out the shrooms scene. Plus remove the TV zombies bit and keep the focus more on the hotel/shaft. The pivot to TV bullshit interrupted the tension they had going with being locked in the room and the shaft. It was unnecessary and didn't add anything to the movie. Weird creative choice to throw that bit in the middle of all the tension they had going with the room stuff. If it was just a quick TV fuckery scene that's fine to add to the tension, but it went into a full bit (later confirmed the TV shit was a message by the director and not meant to just be a quick scare/happening, which is why the scene felt forced, out of place, and too long of a bit otherwise wedged in the middle of some great tension)
 

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4,889
5,921
This movie seemed to be the 3rd wheel to Obsession and Back Rooms this summer. I finally got around to seeing it and I think it is the best of the 3. The style, cinematography, acting, and setting were all top-notch. I kept waiting for it to trip over it's own feet, but I think it did what it was trying to do very well. The story was original enough and all the explanations for the events came together at the right times.

I think it is a solid 8/10, for the genre it's in, and worth the watch.
 
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users