Hollow Knight - Metroidvania meets Dark Souls

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Can't believe I'm just now finally getting to this, but I picked it up on PS instead of steam. This game is just so cool. Great atmosphere, funny characters, all within the bug/insect theme. Good stuff.

I'm not that far in, have killed a couple bosses and got the first two traversal abilities (dash and wall jump/climb), but I can't wait to play more. I haven't noticed the mapping issues that were talked about, but that might have to do with the version I'm playing being the latest after all patches/additions.
Kinda wish you could play it in steps, trying to play the game with all DLC gets you weird progression unless you follow a guide.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Kinda wish you could play it in steps, trying to play the game with all DLC gets you weird progression unless you follow a guide.

Well if you have any non-spoilery suggestions I'm game. I did Crossroads and the False Knight, then Greenpath and Hornet lady. Delved a bit into Fog Canyon, Crystal Mine place, and Fungal Wastes until I realized most places needed traversal stuff I didn't have other than Fungal, so I went through there and to the Mantis Village and got the Mantis Claw.

That's where I am now, and I figured I'd go try Fog Canyon again after checking other marks on my map that I put down for "come back here later when you can jump higher" (mantis claw wall jump)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
LOL the banker was a scam and ran off with my money? That’s fucking hilarious. Walk in and the shop is a cardboard cutout and she’s nowhere to be seen. Sign falls down. Haha wow.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
LOL the banker was a scam and ran off with my money? That’s fucking hilarious. Walk in and the shop is a cardboard cutout and she’s nowhere to be seen. Sign falls down. Haha wow.
Love it.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Nearing the end I think, but given how many horizontal progression paths there are it’s hard to say. Haven’t done the Grimm troupe stuff where he wants me to equip a charm and kill things. Still not sure exactly godhome is all about, I can apparently fight bosses again? And still plenty of dream stuff to hunt down. Did the first two trials in colisseum.

Game has a surprising amount of content.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Nearing the end I think, but given how many horizontal progression paths there are it’s hard to say. Haven’t done the Grimm troupe stuff where he wants me to equip a charm and kill things. Still not sure exactly godhome is all about, I can apparently fight bosses again? And still plenty of dream stuff to hunt down. Did the first two trials in colisseum.

Game has a surprising amount of content.
Content levels are insane, game is huge.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Content levels are insane, game is huge.

Did you plat / 112% this game? I'm far enough that I went ahead and looked some stuff up... seems like I'll have to do some serious gitting gud for some of these trophies. The Pantheon Godhome shit seems insane. I tried the first one and only made it to like the 6th boss.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Did you plat / 112% this game? I'm far enough that I went ahead and looked some stuff up... seems like I'll have to do some serious gitting gud for some of these trophies. The Pantheon Godhome shit seems insane. I tried the first one and only made it to like the 6th boss.
Hell no, one of those skills areas I tried like 100 times over a week or so and said fuck it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Godhome is... on another level. I can clear all 4 (?) pantheons, but the radiant fucks me up no matter what I try. It's one of those things that I'll never complete, so I watched the endings on youtube and was satisfied. The final Grimm Troupe vampire and Prince Zotte with 800 buffs are on the same list, I've seen people beat them and they just have insane reaction times.

I wound up over the course of a few years, buying HK on the switch, steam, and ps4/ps5 just because of how good it is and $5 on sale. Cannot wait for the sequel which was supposed to come out in q1 this year as the rumors went, but no update that I've seen on it.

Also
you run into that banker again lol, in the sex tower spa, and if I remember right can get your money back with a funny dialogue/scene

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Also
you run into that banker again lol, in the sex tower spa, and if I remember right can get your money back with a funny dialogue/scene

Wait what?! Is that the place that you have to spend some cash to open a hot bath? One of the doors in the eastern City area? Because the only thing that comes close to a "sex tower" that I can think of is the Tower of Love, but it's definitely not sex themed, more mental asylum themed.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think you only have to defeat the first 3 godhome doors to plat. I haven’t gone back to finish the plat because other games came out when I fired this up again recently/a few months ago.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait what?! Is that the place that you have to spend some cash to open a hot bath? One of the doors in the eastern City area? Because the only thing that comes close to a "sex tower" that I can think of is the Tower of Love, but it's definitely not sex themed, more mental asylum themed.
Yeah in the city one of the doors leads to a place that has one of those spa/rest area's that recovers your soul meter. You find her in there and can talk to her again

At least I think its in there... edit - yep!

Where Millibelle ran off to is the Pleasure House located in the City of Tears, which requires a Simple Key to unlock. In the room above the ghost of Songstress Marissa is the City of Tears hot spring, where Millibelle is residing. At first, she attempts to tell the Knight that she spent all of their Geo, but hitting her with the Nail causes her to drop all of the Knight's deposited Geo by the hundreds. She also drops an additional number of Geo based on roughly half the amount of the Knight's deposited Geo, up to 2,250.

• 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah in the city one of the doors leads to a place that has one of those spa/rest area's that recovers your soul meter. You find her in there and can talk to her again

At least I think its in there... edit - yep!

Where Millibelle ran off to is the Pleasure House located in the City of Tears, which requires a Simple Key to unlock. In the room above the ghost of Songstress Marissa is the City of Tears hot spring, where Millibelle is residing. At first, she attempts to tell the Knight that she spent all of their Geo, but hitting her with the Nail causes her to drop all of the Knight's deposited Geo by the hundreds. She also drops an additional number of Geo based on roughly half the amount of the Knight's deposited Geo, up to 2,250.

Nice, you beat it out of her!