Home buying thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those must have been record breaking years. I have an ice scraper because I used to live further north. In the last 23 years in central Florida, I think I've used it 3 maybe 4 times. :)

Yeah it definitely wasn't common and I only saw it on days where I had a 6AM start time. Never had to deal with later during the day. And yea, not thick ice either, thin enough that I just used a credit card to scrape it off. Was just a student in a $400 car, I didn't own an actual scraper :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Those must have been record breaking years. I have an ice scraper because I used to live further north. In the last 23 years in central Florida, I think I've used it 3 maybe 4 times. :)
I'm in the panhandle and we don't even own an ice scraper. Granted, we park in the garage, but the cold is still pretty mild. This year I think we had one cold week, and it was like 2 days below freezing, and the rest upper 30's.

Before we moved here, I told my wife that the average temperature was about the same here as where we were in the Mojave desert. The difference is the desert has huge swings of 110's in the summer, and teens and 20's in the winter (also, side note, that whole adage about nights being cold in the desert is retarded; if it's 115 during the day, it probably won't go below 100 overnight). Whereas here top out around 90, but below freezing is pretty rare.

Yeah, the humidity sucks, but that's only really June - September. And you know where else the humidity sucks those months? Like 2/3 of North America.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ice scraper doesn't mean much. I lost my scraper when I moved to Houston and even though I parked my car outside all through college in DFW, I never had the need to buy another one. It still drops below freezing for a week or two a year in North Texas, and I've even seen a half a foot of snow in DFW, when I was visiting from Austin (a once in 10 to 20 year storm).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How does this actually stop them from charging a 6% commission still though?

Well, they weren't charging a 6% commission. They were forcing sellers to include commissions for both agents to even have their home listed on MLS sites as I understand it. This also led to situations where unscrupulous buyer and seller agents would act in concert to maximize commissions and push higher prices onto buyers.

That article is terribly written and acts as if sellers were the ones being held hostage when it was basically the opposite.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well, they weren't charging a 6% commission. They were forcing sellers to include commissions for both agents to even have their home listed on MLS sites as I understand it. This also led to situations where unscrupulous buyer and seller agents would act in concert to maximize commissions and push higher prices onto buyers.

That article is terribly written and acts as if sellers were the ones being held hostage when it was basically the opposite.

So this is basically just a cut it out suit, so doesn't really change anything yet, just hypothetically people could try to compete on rates if they decide to?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Says all this money for homeowners, I imagine it's the typical got raped for 6% on half million, here's a $12 check

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Different wording maybe more clear Palum Palum
Eh I guess we'll see how long it takes for the dam to break.

I'd much rather pay normal rates for actual services rather than bullshit money for retards.

I suppose best case, there will be fewer, better, high volume agents.