Home buying thread

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Probably. Tons of PE guys around here. We should just have a bus come by and take us all to the crescent every morning.

After 14 months of hellish repairs and legal threats against contractors, I'm finally almost in a position to put my money pit disaster of a home on the market. Will be looking into the starter noob areas of HP-- I need to be able to walk to HP village to pick up horny cougs.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
After 14 months of hellish repairs and legal threats against contractors, I'm finally almost in a position to put my money pit disaster of a home on the market. Will be looking into the starter noob areas of HP-- I need to be able to walk to HP village to pick up horny cougs.

I'd probably try to get closer to miracle mile and snider plaza myself, the bitches shopping at HP Village are well taken care of.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have never experienced a smug condescending aspie, then again we rape them into shape around here

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I'd probably try to get closer to miracle mile and snider plaza myself, the bitches shopping at HP Village are well taken care of.

Plenty of stray at home drunk 'n horny mom's pretending to be their daughters at the Bistro 31 bar and similar, but you're right, Snider plaza has younger, hotter, and less plasti-face.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just shows that money can't buy taste, that is one fuck ugly interior, the saying "less is more" obviously hasn't reached whoever decorated that place.
There really needs to be a law that says a building must be at least 100 years old to have crown molding.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i like crown molding especially on higher ceilings.

Dont like the style of it either but i have to give them credit for doing something besides just building the biggest house they can out of typical shit.

Probably an ayerab

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
So a few months ago I agreed to a contract with a property management company because I wanted to get out of my townhouse and move to another state once I get out of the Army in September. My wife and I want to build a house, but we probably won't be able to do that before we move back so we have to rethink our plan. Anyways, the contract we signed pretty much says that the property manager will close on my place as is, but it won't actually be sold until he sells it to a 3rd party and there is no timeline for that happening. The closing date has to be between Sept 19 and Oct 1. Thus far, we haven't exchanged any money or anything and in the contract there are no terms of termination. All we did was sign a docusign document and the contract is only 2 pages long. I know I should probably ask a lawyer about it, but just didn't want to pay for consultation if this is as easy as me calling the guy, or writing him a letter, letting him know that this is not a contract we wish to go forward with.

My question is, can I pretty much fire this guy or get out of this contract without any legal ramifications? The loan officer I'm talking to is telling me that I can only afford about half of what I was hoping to afford when buying my next house because of this deal. I have over $275k of entitlement left on my VA loan but I'm only trying to get about $223k for the house we plan to buy. I've also talked to two other loan officers that tell me the same thing. The guy we are using said it wouldn't be an issue going with his company when trying to get a new house but it certainly is. If anyone can help or has advice, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Has anybody ever purchased a home without representation by an agent and had the seller apply the buyers commission to closing costs?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
That would be up to the sellers agent i think
I guess technically, but if you put in an offer contingent on that, what is the sellers agent going to do, refuse to go along with the sale because they want an extra 3℅ of the closing price that they weren't entitled to in the first place? I'm sure the seller would be thrilled.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
So a few months ago I agreed to a contract with a property management company because I wanted to get out of my townhouse and move to another state once I get out of the Army in September. My wife and I want to build a house, but we probably won't be able to do that before we move back so we have to rethink our plan. Anyways, the contract we signed pretty much says that the property manager will close on my place as is, but it won't actually be sold until he sells it to a 3rd party and there is no timeline for that happening. The closing date has to be between Sept 19 and Oct 1. Thus far, we haven't exchanged any money or anything and in the contract there are no terms of termination. All we did was sign a docusign document and the contract is only 2 pages long. I know I should probably ask a lawyer about it, but just didn't want to pay for consultation if this is as easy as me calling the guy, or writing him a letter, letting him know that this is not a contract we wish to go forward with.

My question is, can I pretty much fire this guy or get out of this contract without any legal ramifications? The loan officer I'm talking to is telling me that I can only afford about half of what I was hoping to afford when buying my next house because of this deal. I have over $275k of entitlement left on my VA loan but I'm only trying to get about $223k for the house we plan to buy. I've also talked to two other loan officers that tell me the same thing. The guy we are using said it wouldn't be an issue going with his company when trying to get a new house but it certainly is. If anyone can help or has advice, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Call him and say you want to cancel and see what he says? Always a good first step.