Home buying thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The new owners of your house will thank you for all the hard work and effort you put into getting that shed installed.
realtor: "and in the back we have a new shed, do you know how difficult it is to get contractors out here to pour a concrete slab? well its not an easy feat, but this homeowner already has it done for you!!!"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Which part of Florida you moving to? I'm halfway into the buying process down there myself and just went with the standard commission realtor, so can't speak for any rebates. I'll be in the St. Augustine area.

So I just received the inspection report, nothing to major. The inspector did note that the compressor was rated at 25 amp max but it's on a 30 amp breaker. So far google is telling me that its not a big deal except it might void the warranty. Big deal or not a big deal? Don't want to break balls over something minor.

View attachment 214850
View attachment 214851

You can literally pop a breaker out and put a smaller one in in 2 minutes

Siliconemelons

We just moved to Tampa area a few months ago and decided we liked it pretty fast so looking to break our appt lease and get into a house sooner than expected lol. We ended up finding a realtor based out of Orlando that also services tampa and offers 50% rebate on his commission as a buyers agent. So far he's been great, very responsive / proactive with setting up showings etc whenever we ask. The one downside is he has a bit of a commute so if we really wanted to look at something RIGHT NAOW we would likely have to get it set up and do the whole "I'm represented but my agent is out of town" thing with the listing agent to try to see the property.

Welcome to Tampa Bay... jump the bay, don't live on the wrong side...even if not just to have to drive in Tampa every day...arghhhhhhh

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I dig the rock garden. I wish we had them in central Texas. I absolutely hate lawns. This is in Arizona or something?

Yup, Kingman Az

Might plant a tree out there or something, but overall I'm hoping to keep the front yard relatively easy so I can put more effort into a nicer backyard, since that's the place I will actually hang out in.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Welcome to Tampa Bay... jump the bay, don't live on the wrong side...even if not just to have to drive in Tampa every day...arghhhhhhh

Thanks! not sure which side is the wrong side, but we are ending up in Wesley Chapel, put in an offer on house last weekend and it was accepted, hurray! Essentially ended up there for schools/value for houses and my job is client serving so while our office is downtown I end up all over the place and can't really plan too well on where I'll be physically working at least as far as a year or 5 years from now so made the most sense to get the bang for our buck with schools etc. we thought.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I was approved for a house last weekend at 3.5% on a $286,000.00 loan. I've got the income and down payment ready to go. I have only been doing this job since Feb 2018 though and it's a 1099 job. I'm an insurance adjuster and I'm one of the 40 out of 800 left from the Hurricane Florence storm in NC at my current job. I can get a job at a big box insurance company and make good money but I think it's best I ride this one into the next storm season. The good thing about this profession is there is almost always a storm that has damaged a lot of properties, so I can travel if need be.

I sent a letter to the mortgage company last night showing that I don't have pay stubs or a W-2. Haven't heard word back. The building contract, home is already constructed and ready to go, is good to go. No one else can buy the house at the moment. I'm hoping I don't run into any obstacles because I haven't been 1099 for 24 months. Only about 6 months shy at the moment. Wish me luck if that's something that any of you do. Next step would be an ARM at 4.25%...really don't want that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ffr.gif

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wife is talking 3rd kid soon, and we're finally at a point where I'm making decent money and feeling comfortable... So of course lets fuck that all up! Gonna be looking in the 400-500 range knowing Massachusetts. Fuck my life.

• 1Worf

Siliconemelons

Thanks! not sure which side is the wrong side, but we are ending up in Wesley Chapel, put in an offer on house last weekend and it was accepted, hurray! Essentially ended up there for schools/value for houses and my job is client serving so while our office is downtown I end up all over the place and can't really plan too well on where I'll be physically working at least as far as a year or 5 years from now so made the most sense to get the bang for our buck with schools etc. we thought.

Nice - thats the new, new, new north Tampa.... while Trinity is the new St. Pete lol - Westly Chapel to DT Tampa... you are going to need some of that leftover holy water from

because thats a mean commute - depending on your exit number of Westly Chapel, you can have a stand still from 75 and 275 in tampa exits, to your exists in WC

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Tell wife to relax, you have it under control, then get rid of her for a weekend.
Build bunkbeds.
Tell her house is ready for at least 1 more.
Play WoW classic.
Quit WoW classic before downing any mythic bosses.
Profit.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Possible wrong thread, if so please point me to the better one.

Anyone here have experience with being a landlord? Paid off our first home, looking into buying another to rent out full time. The tax side of it seems to be complicated but it could also just be as simple as turbo tax premium that shit and report everything as income.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The tax side of it is very simple. Its dealing with tenants that can be awful.

• 1Like