Home buying thread

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
honestly that florida place is great for a single dude - what more do you need. do it up nice and come up with a story about saving for your real house and it probably wouldn't even put off the ladies that much assuming you're under 25
It’s in the hood.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Get’m while you can!

the poor soul who buys 7727
32185b1ce87170dddfdd4b20cab3a242.png

won't even have a strip of grass cuz they put the power distrubutor on the lawn (or whatever it is, i have this on my lawn too, but it's cover up by a huge bush but it makes freaky ass sounds...)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
honestly that florida place is great for a single dude - what more do you need. do it up nice and come up with a story about saving for your real house and it probably wouldn't even put off the ladies that much assuming you're under 25
When I lived in Tampa in the early 10s they were still recovering from the housing crash.

4 bedroom house for me and some idiots was $900 a month.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
the poor soul who buys 7727
32185b1ce87170dddfdd4b20cab3a242.png

won't even have a strip of grass cuz they put the power distrubutor on the lawn (or whatever it is, i have this on my lawn too, but it's cover up by a huge bush but it makes freaky ass sounds...)
Lennar has these weird angular houses all over Austin. I haven't seen these tiny ones but the regular 3/2 ones are everywhere.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Lennar has these weird angular houses all over Austin. I haven't seen these tiny ones but the regular 3/2 ones are everywhere.
those look like company shacks of coal miners from turn of the century

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
While I am not opposed in theory to the idea of tiny little houses for people to enter home ownership, those prices are just wtf. I could see something like $50k over a 5-year loan or similar, but this?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
While I am not opposed in theory to the idea of tiny little houses for people to enter home ownership, those prices are just wtf. I could see something like $50k over a 5-year loan or similar, but this?
oh shit, it's not even stairs

3d tour (in similar house 1 block away) is a fucking ladder
c72a12110ceec21cdb9cac9bfbc4821e.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
a home 2minutes away is 200k
sure it's 40yrs old, but i'd rather live in a decent looking real home

and they had a $100 price reduction!
8119055fa8eac82151508cf2a2f2e391.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That house is nice. Would be 850k in my town atleast.
For that price, it's most likely in a shit (high crime) area of town. I have never seen a house that size and that cheap, in Texas, that wasn't in the hood. The new fence on the left makes me think it may be in early stages of gentrification though.

Also, those tiny houses are nothing "new," per se, as various builders have always had experiments with cheap housing builds around town. The houses just keep getting smaller though. In the 00's it was 1000 SQFT homes for $149,000. They were also in the "hood" because they probably bought the whole block for 1$ from the city, to demolished it to build new. Wish I could remember the various blocks, to see how run down they are, now days.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Saw an ATT installer truck on the block behind where I am having my new house built. Checked the website and hit the lotto. 5 gig fiber is available at my address. Rural indeed.

Excited Season 1 GIF by The Office

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
You AT&T types are numb from the nuts up.
Sing U Mad Bro GIF by Travis

I bask in 2G here )with a 5 static IP package.. of course. I hear 5g is hitting later this year.... Getting fiber though is a huge longshot in rural Texas right now, so when I escape the city it will probably be to slum it like a beggar on Starlink.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sing U Mad Bro GIF by Travis

I bask in 2G here )with a 5 static IP package.. of course. I hear 5g is hitting later this year.... Getting fiber though is a huge longshot in rural Texas right now, so when I escape the city it will probably be to slum it like a beggar on Starlink.
I don't see any value in the 5 gig, so doubt I will go above the 2gig unless they price it close.