Home Improvement

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They'll saw that plywood so you can haul it. I would cut it so the edges line up on your studs or add some fillers between your solid joists. Are you parking a riding mower or the shuttle crawler in this?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Or you can just buy some extra 2x6's and metal brackets and run them along the seams.

edit: Looks like you have some extra lying around. Just cut some extra pieces and grab some T brackets that'll support the joists.

edit2:Simpson Strong-Tie Z-MAX 2 in. x 6 in. Galvanized Double Shear Face Mount Joist Hanger-LUS26Z - The Home Depot

edit3: looks like you'll have to make 4 cuts with the plywood. Two skinny ones and two wide ones. You'll have to get the measurements pretty exact. If you don't have your own table saw for this, I wouldn't trust Lowes/HD to do the cuts for you. They have the tendency to fuck it up. If they are off a half an inch they could make whole pieces useless. I would just add some extra joints for support. It's not like you'll need much to keep it from sagging. I doubt it would sag anyway if you get 1/2"+ thickness.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I have 3 extra 2x6es, I can easily add more joists, its just the hassle of cutting them and such(I'm lazy)

The shed itself has a floor, and the heaviest thing in the shed will just be a push mower(no riding lawnmower, no even remotely heavy tools/equipment, just yard stuff like weedeaters, shovels, etc)

I may go ahead and add a couple more joists running across since I have the wood anyways, what else am I going to do with 3 extra 8-foot 2x6es?

iannis

Musty Nester
Shit man, you did the floor. That's the hard part. Raising 4 walls and a roof ain't nothing and you could do it at about 1/3 the cost.

Of course bugs won't eat plastic, and you won't have to shingle -shit-. So that's nice too.

Remit_sl

shitlord
Nothing fancy, just an 8x10 plastic shed

Amazon.com : Lifetime 6405 8-by-10-Foot Outdoor Storage Shed with Window, Skylights, and Shelving : Garden Shed : Patio, Lawn Garden

Was going to buy the same thing at Costco, but couldn't pass up the free prime shipping to home + no sales tax from Amazon
That is a different model than the one I did earlier this year, but mine was also a lifetime plastic one. Gigantic pain in the ass, with how the wall panels snapped in. I had to occasionally he-man hulk rage to get the damn things together, even resorting at one point to heating the plastic up with a torch to snap it through (I accidentally didnt get one tab in, and it was on a corner piece and wouldnt come back out to do it over). I probably could have built a wood shed in the same amount of time.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I wasn't going to build anything from scratch(I'm not that skilled, this stupid simple floor is about the limit of my abilities), so I compared 8x10 wood shed kits to 8x10 plastic shed kids. About the same price either way, ~$1000, and the wood ones don't even come painted(just primed). So I figured screw that, for the same price I don't have to paint a damn thing.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I had a smaller one that was plastic like that, only big enough to put 2 trash bags in. After a while the outside got chalky.

Picasso3

Home depot had a composite one i would have tried. I got a plastic one and it's ok, wood is a lot of maintenance.

Picasso3

Borzak pick up some scrap space metal and make me a mail box from the future.. these cookie cutter pop can deals rustle me good.

Borzak

I've made more mail boxes, gate headers, and bbq pits than I can remember. FYI if you make a mail box too heavy the USPS will leave a not telling you it doesn't meet standards. My current box is made out of c276 we had left over, very expensive and we had to get in line for a year to get it.

I'm with a new company now, even tho I have the pull it's different stopping a 100 man production team to cut shit on the plasma table than a single guy when they are just standing around in the shop waiting for something to do.

Made more shit like this than I can shake a stick at. Tho someone else has to draw it I have no artistic skills.

fishing-gate-770x460.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man that's nice, too bad it's only one no knock in a bearcat at the wrong address away from destruction.

Borzak

They're all over south Texas and most of the counties there don't do no knock warrants. The county I live in currently the sheriff has said they don't do no knock because he's afraid of the citizens who are all well armed.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Nothing fancy, just an 8x10 plastic shed

Amazon.com : Lifetime 6405 8-by-10-Foot Outdoor Storage Shed with Window, Skylights, and Shelving : Garden Shed : Patio, Lawn Garden

Was going to buy the same thing at Costco, but couldn't pass up the free prime shipping to home + no sales tax from Amazon
I've built two of those sheds, only smaller. 8x7.5. Of all the plastic sheds, I think they're the best. They have steel parts here and there that help the shed keep its shape even in AZ sun.

Yeah, they're a little fiddly to put together, but if you resort to a torch, that's your fault not Lifetime's. Go slow and use the little wooden block they supply to help you push the wall tabs into the floor. It all works better with two people and two small ladders. Remember, you're building a square and one wall can't be longer than its parallel twin. Take the time to make sure all the wall sections suck up tight.

I used a ratcheting screw driver to drive the 100+ screws. It's very easy to strip the holes with an electric driver even with the clutch set lightly, at least with my cheap-ass driver.

Remit_sl

shitlord
I used a ratcheting screw driver to drive the 100+ screws. It's very easy to strip the holes with an electric driver even with the clutch set lightly, at least with my cheap-ass driver.
My dewalt on 3 didnt strip a single one. Fuck using a screw driver. I could build 2 wood sheds in the same time if I did that.

Picasso3

Leaking a coil, home warranty got 2 guys out today and it b should be fixed for that. My dad got some 410a and we charged it up until the acoil comes in. Class action lawsuit is prob accurate.... 5 other houses on my street (out of 10) have had issues.