Home Improvement

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I'd stain it pending if you want to change the color, then Varathane oil based varnish. Several thin coats and you do a very light sanding with the finest grit you can find just to remove the little gritty bits coming up between each coats. Stuff looks good and is tough as hell.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'd stain it pending if you want to change the color, then Varathane oil based varnish. Several thin coats and you do a very light sanding with the finest grit you can find just to remove the little gritty bits coming up between each coats. Stuff looks good and is tough as hell.
Just do it outdoors and wear a respirator. I've got an uncle with permanent respiratory problems from years of inhaling the volatile organic compounds in varnishes.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So my granite counters were installed the other day. $1406
I'm having new vinyl floors put in all 3 bathrooms and the kitchen. $2217
I also installed a new vanity in the master bathroom. $364
And last but not least, I bought a few bi-fold doors to put in the closets that didn't have doors yet. $300 after the doors, lumber to frame them out, drywall and misc parts.

Everything's coming along very well so far. They'll be out in another 2 1/2 weeks to install the vinyl floors. After that's done, we'll be completely out of the house and will then put it up on the market. Really surprised out how quick things have come along. Granted, it's still been over a month, but not bad, all things considered.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Here's exactly what was placed (dimensions). I put it in a spoiler tag to hide image size. Also, there's the picture of the completed counter. I know it looks like a gray counter in that picture, but it's only because of the walls. We're going to change that color and install a cheap tile back splash next week.

liqGwIS.png

HQDt3Bc.jpg

Agraza

Registered Hutt
What do you mean it looks gray in the picture? It doesn't look like the walls to me. It looks yellow and red. What color is it supposed to be?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
We're cleaning the cabinets off, not painting them. It's not worth the extra time and effort to paint. Especially when someone could just replace the doors with something else. As far as the counters, they're a deeper gold color than is shown on the picture. If you look at only the counters themselves, you can see that, but they tend to absorb a lot of the gray from the walls. Or maybe it's just a reflection that makes them appear that way.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Dude spends 1500 on granite for cabinets that will need to be replaced by anyone with taste. Dayumn, ballsy.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
its not just the cabinets that are the problem, its the appliances as well. white is by far the worst color you can go and it will clash with any cabinet color that isn't hideous.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Seriously though, paint the cabinets. Don't spend that much on a countertop and then leave horribly outdated cabinets with them. You've achieved nothing if you do that, you shouldn't have even done the countertop if you aren't going to touch the cabinets. The kitchen will look just as old as before to any buyer.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hate to be down on someone's improvements but I agree. I would be wondering how I'm going tear all that shit out without messing up the ctop if i were buying, assuming the house is over 100k. Get a cheap stainless combo for 1500 and sell all that white shit on Craigslist

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I dont think the white appliances are going to hurt him as much as the cabinets though. White can still look ok if everything else is up to date

Picasso3

Wired up the last of the handrails last night. Tenant had hot tub put in place, now to fill out and see if it smushes the deck

Picasso3

I have a 60 amp breaker going to a 50 amp panel outside with a 50 amp gfci breaker. I'm thinking about moving the 50 amp gfci inside to cover the whole circuit. Erronius how does this make you feel?

Picasso3

Since you have 250 nets and a gold title i took your advice seriously and added some 4x4 bracing