Home Improvement

Goatface

i went from a 300+ lb rear tiller to a small one with front tines and that thing beats me to death

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so having measured air quality in my whole house moving between 2 amazon sensors, the biggest offender is cooking, without ventilation air quality in other rooms get massively affected from 95 to 0 (b/c of having 147voc and 1400particulate)

and this w/ my other bedrooms on the second floor, bad air really travels far.

to counter this, i've put a winix 5500-2 but it does not "turbo" when i start cooking, so it's not sensitive enough, so for my next experiment i'm getting the wifi winix's that will kick on turbo until air quality goes back to 95 after/during cooking.

i didn't think i'd be doing so much, but one thing just leads to another i guess

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
so having measured air quality in my whole house moving between 2 amazon sensors, the biggest offender is cooking, without ventilation air quality in other rooms get massively affected from 95 to 0 (b/c of having 147voc and 1400particulate)

to counter this, i've put a winix 5500-2 but it does not "turbo" when i start cooking, so it's not sensitive enough, so for my next experiment i'm getting the wifi winix's that will kick on turbo until air quality goes back to 95 after/during cooking.

i didn't think i'd be doing so much, but one thing just leads to another i guess
Do you run your range hood fan when you cook and does it exhaust outdoors? Sort of curious since that's a project I want to work on for this reason. I don't feel like running through that half assed carbon filter is doing anything.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Do you run your range hood fan when you cook and does it exhaust outdoors? Sort of curious since that's a project I want to work on for this reason. I don't feel like running through that half assed carbon filter is doing anything.
yea thats the issue my range hood is just a recirculator

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i didn't want to do string, but this one has alexa/app integration
d7a30fcb60854d7740ec52d2f6eb495e.png

so far +1
fb630551c31ea2d60547222c9f35e7db.png

fcab4e9bcf68238e055b4977dbdb5091.png

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Serious question: What is going on with these brand names? Do these companies just slam their head on the keyboard when it comes time to figure out a name? Is there some strategy I'm unaware of that benefits your product being some random collection of letters?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Serious question: What is going on with these brand names? Do these companies just slam their head on the keyboard when it comes time to figure out a name? Is there some strategy I'm unaware of that benefits your product being some random collection of letters?
yes, you do not have to search the database and make sure youre not infringing on copyright if your product is named "Tkfdsufudkfdly", maybe of these items are just 3rd party amazon drop ship, you just silkscreen some name and profit

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

They're pop-up chinese companies that just fold and rebrand if anyone complains about anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I always like how those brands have some generic looking nice house with a white dude that looks like he's off property brothers. "You're the do it yourself type! Buy this shit and be whiter!"
817IRln7IXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I always like how those brands have some generic looking nice house with a white dude that looks like he's off property brothers. "You're the do it yourself type! Buy this shit and be whiter!"
817IRln7IXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
lulz, thats a gas mower, i see the carb and the pull handle

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The cord is for the fan off camera, because any white dude with a lawn that big is paying someone else or has a riding mower.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

this works well, everytime i kick on the stove, the winix kitchen turbos up, app is horrible it won't recognize my second winix, but whatever i guess, the upstairs is only degraded to 80 when cooking

Goatface

hobofright is clearing out us general series 2 boxes, can pick up yellow 26" single bank set for $280 ($99 & $179)

have the top and it is working out great. debating about getting the bottom. rather get another top, but would be sorta of a drive to the closest place with stock.

44" double bank, black, blue, green is $149
might pick this up, if still in stock friday

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
hobofright is clearing out us general series 2 boxes, can pick up yellow 26" single bank set for $280 ($99 & $179)

have the top and it is working out great. debating about getting the bottom. rather get another top, but would be sorta of a drive to the closest place with stock.

44" double bank, black, blue, green is $149
might pick this up, if still in stock friday
You might want to purchase now and pick up if you feel like doing the drive. I was eyeing the 44in bottom and they all got scooped up pretty quickly when they dropped down to 299.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
The main panel on the outside of my house is running out of 2” knockouts.. I need two more but this panel only has one left on it. I’d like to pass inspection but also don’t want this to look like a dude off Craigslist did the job. Even if creating a new 2” knockout (not sure that’s allowed?), piping the 2” up from the ground would go over a window.

Im wondering if maybe installing a subpanel on the same wall some 6 ft away with plenty of 2” knockouts would be a better idea and also pass inspection. I’d run 240v to it from the main of course.

Thoughts? Erronius Erronius

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Was catching up with my Dad yesterday and he is wanting to replace his 360 sq ft deck so was getting quotes. Synthetic, not wood, but not Trex I guess. Anyways, one quote he got back was for $43,000. I mean... I've seen his deck, it is just a normal deck, nothing crazy multilevel 70' off the ground suspended anything. $43,000 is insane. His house is probably in the $750k range based on a quick Zillow look up. Interested to see what his other quotes come back and almost want to try and get a quote for our deck just to laugh.

• 1WTF
  • 1Wow!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
They probably took a look at the nice house and figured this guy will just pay what we ask. I haven't built a deck recently but $43k seems insane to me as well.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Was catching up with my Dad yesterday and he is wanting to replace his 360 sq ft deck so was getting quotes. Synthetic, not wood, but not Trex I guess. Anyways, one quote he got back was for $43,000. I mean... I've seen his deck, it is just a normal deck, nothing crazy multilevel 70' off the ground suspended anything. $43,000 is insane. His house is probably in the $750k range based on a quick Zillow look up. Interested to see what his other quotes come back and almost want to try and get a quote for our deck just to laugh.

Any kind of work is fucking bonkers expensive. I had people wanting $12k for a plumbing rough-in on a bathroom and $150k for a 50x5 retaining wall.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF