Home Improvement

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Do I need to get a self propelled mower? Seems silly especially if I will be mulching and not bagging. I have not mowed a lawn since I was teenage, back then I had a gas mower and I am certain it was not self propelled.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Depends, do you want to get ripped while doing yardwork, or would you like a leisurely stroll?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Do you need self-propelled? No.

Are you going to wish you spent the extra $50 for a lawn mower that had it one day? Absolutely.

I mean, you can still push it if you want, but it's really nice to let it push itself. Especially on hills and shit. I leave mine on the mulch setting and just coast through the yard, only 1/4 acre and it takes me 2 hours.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I sharpen my own lawn mower blades with a bench grinder. Takes a few times to get it just right, but I'm satisfied with the results, now. I'm in the process of getting all that crap out, sharp, gassed, and ready to go.

As far as self propelled, I don't like them as well. I'd rather push.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Do you need self-propelled? No.

Are you going to wish you spent the extra $50 for a lawn mower that had it one day? Absolutely.

I mean, you can still push it if you want, but it's really nice to let it push itself. Especially on hills and shit. I leave mine on the mulch setting and just coast through the yard, only 1/4 acre and it takes me 2 hours.
1/4 acre in 2 hours? Is your lawn a maze or something? That's really slow.

RandAlThor420_sl

shitlord
Here are some pics of before my patio work:

rrr_img_94792.jpg
rrr_img_94793.jpg
rrr_img_94794.jpg
rrr_img_94795.jpg

RandAlThor420_sl

shitlord
^^^ First time ever uploading pics, they seem OK sized but maybe a bit large? If they are larger then preferred let me know, and then tell me how to adjust that
wink.png

Heres some *during* pics:

rrr_img_94796.jpg
rrr_img_94797.jpg
rrr_img_94798.jpg
rrr_img_94799.jpg
rrr_img_94800.jpg

RandAlThor420_sl

shitlord
Heres the most current state of the project - mostly done, but as I mentioned a bit ago I still need to do some finishing touches (more dirt around the perimeter, more mulch, and then of course I need patio furniture - closest thing I have right now is two crappy little camping chairs lol)

rrr_img_94801.jpg
rrr_img_94802.jpg

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
5 hour later and now with a farmers tan, my deck has been cleaned.

KzdQpOc.jpg

Now I have some deck wash to get rid of algae and mildew that might be left.

Sealing it comes next, but I might stain it so some cracks get filled in.

Elsebet

Peasant
There is a horrible death smell emanating from our crawlspace and filling the house. Just started a day or two ago. I tried to go in there yesterday with a respirator and gloves but the light from my puny flashlight + headlamp left the whole thing too dark and my brain would not let me go past the hatch. I pretty much need the crawlspace to be as bright as the surface of the sun before I'll be able to stomach crawling in. I did a lot of googling and home inspectors seem to recommend Streamlight Stingers and Fenix flaslight models, just curious if anyone else had any suggestions. Also any advice on getting over the fear of going in would help.
smile.png
I will be wearing a respirator, full hooded Tyvek suit, gloves, boots, etc.

iannis

Musty Nester
Maybe a dead cat. Hope it's a dead cat. That's about the least problem sort of problem that you're gonna have.

Best solution is to find a dude to do it. A husband, a brother, a nephew, a friend. Something like that. Shit's gonna be gnarly. If you're scared of spiders you probably don't want to see what you're probably going to see.